Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Amy Poehler Details Cocaine, Ecstasy Use In New Memoir 'Yes Please'

Default Amy Poehler Details Cocaine, Ecstasy Use In New Memoir 'Yes Please'

On cocaine: “I tried cocaine, which I instantly loved but eventually hated. Cocaine is terrific if you want to hang out with people you don’t know very well and play Ping-Pong all night. It’s bad for almost everything else…The day after cocaine is rough.”

On ecstasy and/or Molly: “I remember a wonderful UCB (comedy group United Citizens Brigade) New Year’s Eve party where we all danced and drank water and loved each other. I also remember the next day when I thought I had no friends and I was so sad I wanted to sink into the carpet and permanently live there.”

Life as a single mother of two: “The next day is the thing I can’t pull off anymore. How do you explain to a 4- and 6-year-old that you can’t play Rescue Bots because you have to spend all day in bed eating Cape Cod potato chips and watching The Bicycle Thief?”

She doesn’t even smoke pot much anymore: “I can’t perform, drive or write stoned, and therefore I smoke pot a lot less than I used to.”

On mushrooms: “Everyone needs love, never hurt a living thing [and] don’t worry about the choices you make because everything will be fun because life is a closet filled with pool toys.”

[From Radar Online]

Cele|bitchy | Amy Poehler details her previous coke & Molly binges: interesting or sad?

Why does ecstasy need a stupid name like molly?
    Beeyotch and SoCalMarie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Why does ecstasy need a stupid name like molly?

i think molly is short for the word molecule or molecular. i am not sure why, i think it has something to do with it being purer than normal ecstasy which can have meth and other crap in it besides the mdma.

I don't know why but I kind of expected more from her than this.

lots of people do drugs, including smart, funny, successful people. not a big deal. and it's not like it stood in the way of her being wildly successful or anything.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm sad that the only snippets they chose to use in this article are all about drugs. Amy is much more than that and I am sure her books covers much more. Her comment, “I can’t perform, drive or write stoned, and therefore I smoke pot a lot less than I used to.” tells me that she does feel that drugs could stand in the way of her success so she makes choices to limit usage.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

There have been several other articles about her book that relate more in-depth information. I'm traveling and hope this imbed works on the iPad. I heart her, and heart this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpVFTYMEuTc
    SoCalMarie likes this.

You can't perform, write or drive while drunk either, but the morality police don't go into indignant judgey mode when someone admits to recreational drinking.

As for 'molly' if people think they're getting pure x, that's damn good marketing. Its also complete bullshit, but that's what marketing is all about.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm sad that the only snippets they chose to use in this article are all about drugs. Amy is much more than that and I am sure her books covers much more. Her comment, “I can’t perform, drive or write stoned, and therefore I smoke pot a lot less than I used to.” tells me that she does feel that drugs could stand in the way of her success so she makes choices to limit usage.
    This. And it sounds (from the snippets) like she had her fun and experimented without going off the rails. It's possible and lots of people can do it. My point is, I don't see what's "disappointing" about this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

omg, she's a former recreational drug user and occasional pot smoker?? How scandalous!
    Bombshell likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    Exactly.

This. And it sounds (from the snippets) like she had her fun and experimented without going off the rails. It's possible and lots of people can do it. My point is, I don't see what's "disappointing" about this.
    Who said it was disappointing? I hope I'm wrong but It comes across to me as if you are projecting that on to another poster because you have had previous disagreements. If drugs were the whole point of her book I would be disappointed, and it's too bad the celebitchy chose to focus only on drug use. It's a disservice to Amy.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Who said it was disappointing? I hope I'm wrong but It comes across to me as if you are projecting that on to another poster because you have had previous disagreements. If drugs were the whole point of her book I would be disappointed, and it's too bad the celebitchy chose to focus only on drug use. It's a disservice to Amy.
    Yeah, that would be annoying. But they had actually done a nice article the day before or so on other parts of her book. This was just a follow-up/second story.

I can't wait to get this book!

Amy Poehler’s divorce advice from Louis CK is sobering & amazing

Amy Poehler is promoting her new book, Yes Please, which is a collection of personal stories and real-life advice. I suspect the advice is meant in a humorous tone and not a prescriptive, Goopy way. In these excerpts (via Radar), Amy talks about her 2012 divorce from Will Arnett. They were married for a decade. She saw him through terrible movies with CGI rodents likeG-Force, and that’s a lot to put up with. I’m making light of the situation, of course. Amy talks about how she and Will co-parent their two children, Archie (6) and Abel (4). She discusses her new relationship with Nick Kroll (they’ve been dating for a year and a half).

The most interesting part here is the advice Amy received from Louis CK. He was very blunt with Amy during her time of need, but he spoke the truth:
    The experience of divorce: “When you are a person going through a divorce you feel incredibly alone, yet you are constantly reminded by society of how frequently divorce happens and how common it has become. You aren’t allowed to feel special, but no one knows the specific ways you are in pain. Imagine spreading everything you care about on a blanket and then tossing the whole thing up in the air. The process of divorce is about loading up that blanket, throwing it up, watching it all spin, and worrying what stuff will break when it lands.”

Working it out with Will: “I am proud of how my ex-husband, Will, and I have been taking care of our children. I am beyond grateful he is their father; and I don’t think a ten-year marriage constitutes failure.” However, she admits, “getting a divorce really sucks.”

Louis CK’s advice to Amy: “Divorce is always good news because no good marriage has ever ended in divorce.”

Nick Kroll helps her late-night anxiety: “I have a boyfriend who knows how to settle me. He puts his hand on my chest and tells me boring stories…On one of our first nights together I woke up apologizing for my snoring and he pulled out the two earplugs he had worn to bed so that he could hear what I was saying. It was one of the most romantic gestures I have ever seen.”

Her book’s dedication: “Thank you to Nick Kroll, who encourages me in all the right ways.”

[From Radar Online]

Were Louis’ words a little bit brutal? Maybe, but he’s not one to sugar coat anything. I think it would be fantastic to have Louis CK as a friend. I would call him up all the time and ask for advice. He’d have to change his number. I still think he said the right thing. Some people believe that every marriage should be saved no matter what. But when a marriage dies, it’s best to realize that there is a good side to the story. Amy’s marriage was already over, you know? Louis let her know that she didn’t have to deal with the pain of enduring it any longer. She didn’t have to mourn a good marriage because she wasn’t in a good marriage. Those are powerful words from Louis.

sluce likes this.

maybe I misunderstood the meaning of 'I expected more from her' but it seems quite clear to me. And I don't seem to be the only one who thought that's what was meant.

I love Amy. I can't want to get her book.
    I love Tina Fey, I love BossyPants....
    In my mind, Amy and Tina are married. I love them together, their intelligence, sarcasm, humor is right up my alley

CL** and InigoMontoya like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

czb

^^^ i thought bella said that, not sluce? *confused*

eta: @sput

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information