Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Chelsea Handler told Jennifer Aniston: ‘Being friends with you is a burden’

Default Chelsea Handler told Jennifer Aniston: ‘Being friends with you is a burden’

On her friendship with Jennifer Aniston: “Everywhere I go, people ask me about Jennifer Aniston’s wedding. And I tell her, ‘Being friends with you is a burden. You think it’s hard to be friends with me? Do you know what it’s like to walk down a red carpet and [reporters] go ‘When are Jen and Justin [Theroux] getting married?’ like I’m in charge of that.”

Why she doesn’t joke about her famous friends: “My friends who are really private, whether they’re famous or not, I won’t talk about them. I do more than a lot of them are comfortable with, but I always joke around. I wouldn’t screw you over, I just wouldn’t do that.”

On Judaism (she’s half-Jewish): “It’s the only religion I identify with. It’s the only thing I knew growing up, so if I had to go to pray somewhere, I would go to a synagogue. That’s the only thing I know. Jews are underdogs — not in my world, obviously, they’re not. [But] there’s a lot of anti-Semitism going on.”

Why she left her E! show: “This isn’t a reason for leaving [my show], but if one more person asks me what it’s like to be the only woman in late night, I thought, ‘This is a good reason to stop being the only woman in late night, so I have to stop fielding the same idiotic question.’”

Being compared to other female comedians: “Journalists sometimes … they’ll say, ‘Do you think there’s a lot of similarities between you and Sarah Silverman? Or Lena Dunham? Or whoever? Amy Schumer?’ I’m like, ‘No, we’re just women.’ Just because we’re women doesn’t mean there are tons of similarities. Every single one of us is vastly different.”

[From HuffPo]

Cele|bitchy | Chelsea Handler told Jennifer Aniston: ‘Being friends with you is a burden’

i like Chelsea. and Sarah Silverman is an obnoxious twat.
    BeantownBitch and sputnik like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I like Chelsea too. But that picture must be old because she actually doesn't look like alcohol has taken it's toll yet
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i like Chelsea. and Sarah Silverman is an obnoxious twat.
    I agree on both counts.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Silver Member

i watched her netflix stand up special and loved it.

So when are Justin and Jenni getting married?

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    i watched her netflix stand up special and loved it.
    I clicked on this thread just to see if anyone had seen her Netflix special, to make sure it was worth watching. The previews look funny.

ETA: The reviews on Netflix is either "5 stars" or "1 star", most are "1 star"... I'm thinking most "1 star" review aren't familiar with her comedic style?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So when are Justin and Jenni getting married?
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I saw it. I used to like her a whole lot more. It had its moments but some parts, I didn't find it as funny as I thought I would.

She seems to have a bitchy, mean girl delivery that came off more bitter than funny.

Her pics and bits about her dogs were my favorite parts.
    BITTER and SoCalMarie like this.

I can't stand her or Silverman. But Silverman is much worse IMO.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I saw it. I used to like her a whole lot more. It had its moments but some parts, I didn't find it as funny as I thought I would.

She seems to have a bitchy, mean girl delivery that came off more bitter than funny.

Her pics and bits about her dogs were my favorite parts.
    I liked her at first, but her schtick got old real quick.
    I just hope that Chuy finds work.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

All I see in this picture is the difference between their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I can't stand her or Silverman. But Silverman is much worse IMO.
    Silverman had a HBO special not too long ago, I had it on in the background while I was cleaning my house...it almost put me to sleep - it was so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Silverman had a HBO special not too long ago, I had it on in the background while I was cleaning my house...it almost put me to sleep - it was so horrible.
    Damn. I thought her monologue in the recent SNL was funny, heard about the special, ordered the DVD but haven't watched it yet. Was it the "We Are Miracles" special?

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I can't stand silverman. I never really watched chelsea but yeah, must suck getting asked ll the shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Damn. I thought her monologue in the recent SNL was funny, heard about the special, ordered the DVD but haven't watched it yet. Was it the "We Are Miracles" special?
    Yeah, she plays a small venue... I think that's the one. I like her on roasts, and she seems pretty cool and funny in interviews, but that HBO special was boring to me. It's alright I guess *shrug*... I maybe smiled one or twice, nodded my head in agreement to her point(s) of view, but nothing laugh out loud funny. The intro of the special was just....not needed.

Maybe I was expecting something a little more crude, it being HBO and not cable tv (where all the good stuff/language is edited out)? I don't know... my expectations might have been too high. Watch it and let me know what you think...

ETA: I just got done watching Chelsea's special - I thought it was pretty funny, a lot more entertaining than Silverman's. Chelsea's pups are the cutest (I loved when she said something to the effect of: "Yeah, it's my money, if I want to fly them out to me, I'm going to do it" ....Amen sister)
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; October 18th, 2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Watched Chelsea...
    InigoMontoya likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information