Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Anne Hathaway felt ‘punched in the gut, shocked & slapped’ during the ‘hate’

Default Anne Hathaway felt ‘punched in the gut, shocked & slapped’ during the ‘hate’

Dealing with Hathahate: “What are we supposed to do—pretend like it didn’t happen? People treated me a certain way. But I’ve grown from it. This whole thing has made me a way more compassionate and loving person. And I don’t feel sorry for myself.”

The awards season for Les Mis: “I damaged my health during Les Mis, which I didn’t want to mention in case it seemed like I was courting sympathy,” she says. She was exhausted, flu-ridden, and frustrated about the lack of interest in the character and in the issue of sexual slavery. So when Hathaway won the award for Best Supporting Actress, she was “weirdly presentational. One of the things I’ve been accused of is being inauthentic. And they were right—but not for the reason they thought. I couldn’t tie this moment to what I really wanted to say. And that’s on me, because Lupita did it.”

Learning about the backlash: “Punched in the gut. Shocked and slapped and embarrassed. Even now I can feel the shame. I was in crisis. Now I’d be fine. I really would be. I’d let it roll off my back, but at the time I was still partly Fantine. I was still identifying with being a victim.”

The Oscar dress controversy: “I found a dress, like a month before. It was the most beautiful, reflective, shimmery dress—rainbows were going to dance off me.” However, the day before the ceremony, Hathaway was called by a tearful stylist’s assistant saying that the dress had already been worn. So she regrouped, choosing a gown by Valentino. “I love the house, and he’s my buddy. One of my favorite people in the entire world. It all made sense.” But that night, at Oscar rehearsals, her Les Misérables castmate Amanda Seyfried showed Hathaway her Alexander McQueen dress. “And it’s a lilac version of my dress. Two completely different designers.” At 10 o’clock the night before the Oscars, “I didn’t have a friggin’ dress, which I normally wouldn’t care about …” Long pause. “But I really needed a dress, and everybody hates me, and I just really needed a dress.”

Directors didn’t want her: “I had directors say to me, ‘I think you’re great. You’re perfect for this role, but I don’t know how audiences will accept you because of all this stuff, this baggage.’”

She’s not a vegan anymore: “I just didn’t feel good or healthy, not strong.”

[From Harper’s Bazaar]

Cele|bitchy | Anne Hathaway felt ‘punched in the gut, shocked & slapped’ during the ‘hate’

She's insufferable. I was hoping she'd say she felt punched in the gut when she was actually punched in the gut, but I'm left feeling disappointed that it's only a metaphorical gut punch.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bitch, please.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hey Anne, You know what makes people really like you? Continuing to talk about it. Because the surest way of combating overexposure is to keep talking about being overexposed and continuing to make people focus on you because it's not like that was the problem in the first place.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I think insufferable is a kind word to describe her. If she's all past it and doesn't feel sorry for herself at all, why not say, when asked, "Oh, that's all water under the bridge. Let's talk about something more interesting."

“I found a dress, like a month before. It was the most beautiful, reflective, shimmery dress—rainbows were going to dance off me."
    Hahahahaha. This made me laugh out loud, and not in a good way, for her.
    Bluebonnet, SoCalMarie and olivia like this.

This makes her come across even more unlikable. Boohoo, she had the flu. And how dare she compare her lilywhite ass playing a fictional peasant singing a showstopping ballad in a shitty musical to Lupita playing a real slave in a gutwrenching, intense movie. Lupita came across as genuine because she was actually grateful and overjoyed to have success.

How about being grateful and thrilled you were nominated for an Academy Award rather than whining about your dress woes? I guess she didn't care about "sexual slavery" when she couldn't get her favorite gown. What an insufferable cunt.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Gold Member

I FUCKING LOVE Anne Hathaway.
    Mel1973, gas_chick, Angeli and 4 others like this.

She's awful. She comes across as so unlikable in all of her interviews.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I FUCKING LOVE Anne Hathaway.
    GASP!! Thems are bannable words mister! Be lucky you came out with a side eye.

"At 10 o’clock the night before the Oscars, “I didn’t have a friggin’ dress, which I normally wouldn’t care about …” Long pause. “But I really needed a dress, and everybody hates me, and I just really needed a dress.”

Bitch PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DeNiro didn't have a problem finding a dress! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Could she possibly be more of a drama queen? I doubt it! Even the dress dramatizes her OMGpersecution and sufferings! She's really aiming for epic martyrdom here...
    SoCalMarie, Callalily and Brando like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    At 10 o’clock the night before the Oscars, “I didn’t have a friggin’ dress, which I normally wouldn’t care about …” Long pause. “But I really needed a dress, and everybody hates me, and I just really needed a dress.”
    If you really need a dress, and normally don't care about other people wearing a similar dress, why don't you wear one of the three dresses you already have?

I really want to like Anne Hathaway, she still comes off as completely inauthentic.

I already found her insufferable, I now hate her even more for saying that her vegan diet caused her weakness and health problems. Cunt.
    faithanne and SoCalMarie like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I like her! fuck all y'all!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I like her, too.
    lulu09, Angeli and mopar like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information