Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ozzy Osbourne says 9/11 attacks were 'my kind of craziness'

Default Ozzy Osbourne says 9/11 attacks were 'my kind of craziness'

Ozzy Osbourne has made the ill-advised admission that he was "excited" by the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
    The Black Sabbath musician was in New York when the fatal incident took place, killing nearly 3,000 people.
    "I wasn’t scared, I was excited! It was my kind of craziness, y’know," he said.
    "The day after that happened, there was f*cking nobody in New York. I remember standing on the steps of the hotel, and – you know when you see an old cowboy film and that tumbleweed rolls past on the ground? There was newspapers just floating around on the streets. It was so f*cking weird," he continued.
    "Everybody just backed off Manhattan because they didn’t know if it was an all-out thing or what."

While he may have been unperturbed by the Twin Towers attacks, Osbourne does consider Isis a threat and believes that the Jihadist militant group (also known as Islamic State) may use nuclear arms before long.
    "I hope this Isis lot don’t get going," he told Shortlist. "I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s in mankind to try to kill each other for one thing or another. And I think sooner or later one of these crazy f*ckers is going to get a nuclear weapon or some f*cking thing, and f*ck a lot of people up.
    "That’s in our nature. I hope it won’t happen, but it looks like it could happen if they get it."
    He revealed that he was not a fan of Bill Clinton or George Bush ("They’re very strange people"), although sympathises with Bush for having to deal with the 9/11 attacks so early on in his presidential career.
    "I don’t suppose he expected World War 3 to begin when he got voted in, did he?" said Osborne. "It was a bit of a shocker, a kick in the pants. He hadn’t been in office more than five minutes and 9/11 went down."

Ozzy Osbourne on 9/11 attacks: 'I wasn't scared, I was excited!' - People - News - The Independent

Oh boy. It's one thing to say you weren't scared, but to say you were excited?? That's a bit much.

Who the fuck is asking for Ozzy Osbourne's opinion on 9/11 and Islamic State? Seriously?
    card, yanna, Rusalka and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm just surprised that they could get a coherent word from him.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That family are all epic twats.
    Syd and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Who the fuck is asking for Ozzy Osbourne's opinion on 9/11 and Islamic State? Seriously?
    That's what I'm wondering.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm just surprised that they could get a coherent word from him.
    Right? The "f*ck" were definitely his quotes. I call bullshit on everything else. How many seasons was his crappy reality show on? And THAT was the only word I could ever make out that he mumbled.
    SoCalMarie likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Uh who the fuck knows what he actually said. The only person that understands him is Sharon.
    SoCalMarie likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

He's an asshole. My stepdad was also there because he worked in one of the Towers. He just wasn't in the building at the time. He lost a huge number of coworkers and is still mentally scarred from what he saw. Watching helplessly as screaming people fall out of burning, smoking buildings with flames behind them, only to see them smash to their death on the ground is not exciting. It is horrifying.

What a sick man. The whole family is disgusting.
    rollo likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    He's an asshole. My stepdad was also there because he worked in one of the Towers. He just wasn't in the building at the time. He lost a huge number of coworkers and is still mentally scarred from what he saw. Watching helplessly as screaming people fall out of burning, smoking buildings with flames behind them, only to see them smash to their death on the ground is not exciting. It is horrifying.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Brain damage, poor old thing.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

i can sort of see what he's saying.
    any kind of extraordinary event - good or bad - is exciting. in the sense that it gives you an adrenaline rush. not everyone gets scared. i know what he's saying because i felt it when i went through the 8.8 earthquake in chile and its aftermath, and to a lesser degree whenever you live through something like a hurricane or other huge natural disaster. after the earthquake, it took a while for things to go back to normal and there was a particular energy in the air, a sense of excitement (not in the sense that you're happy about it, i mean in the sense that there's a certain energy), of living through something extraordinary.
    i can only imagine that people who lived through 9-11 experienced this tenfold.

people don't talk about it. but when he says 'it's my kind of craziness' - it kind of makes sense when you think about his past and the amount of drugs he took. he clearly has a thrill seeking personality. those people either turn to drugs, extreme sports, really crazy jobs, or humanitarianism or any kind of aid work that will put them in war zones, disaster areas, etc. because some people thrive on that energy, on the chaos, on the sense of living in extraordinary circumstances. in UN/NGO circles, we call them field junkies. they're the red cross delegates who can't adjust to life in the head office, where they work on reports. they miss the thrill of being in the middle of a civil war. they're my UN friends who are volunteering to be a part of the UN mission on ebola. and yes, of course a big part of that is they want to help and make a difference but what people don't talk about as often is that there's something more to it than just altruism.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Come on, this is a guy who shotgunned 17 cats and some chickens to death back in the 70's. Were we really expecting some introspection from him at this point?
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i can sort of see what he's saying.
    any kind of extraordinary event - good or bad - is exciting. in the sense that it gives you an adrenaline rush. not everyone gets scared. i know what he's saying because i felt it when i went through the 8.8 earthquake in chile and its aftermath, and to a lesser degree whenever you live through something like a hurricane or other huge natural disaster. after the earthquake, it took a while for things to go back to normal and there was a particular energy in the air, a sense of excitement (not in the sense that you're happy about it, i mean in the sense that there's a certain energy), of living through something extraordinary.
    i can only imagine that people who lived through 9-11 experienced this tenfold.
    Yes, definitely.

I was very close to it. Went out in front of my building as soon as i heard about the first plane and saw the second plane hit after it banked hard right above us. We live right there, and during and after it was surreal- horrifying sure, but there was a intense current of energy. Especially in the couple of days immediately following. Almost like a dream or that feeling you have when you've gone too long without sleep. It permeated the city. It's hard to explain, but I get where he's going.

It was only afterwards when that feeling was gone that the full weight of how many people we knew that died set in.
    sputnik likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. People were killed in the most horrible way and he's sounding like he got a kick out of it. Yeah, he forgot to mention the casualties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information