Like Tree18Likes
  • 6 Post By BITTER
  • 3 Post By dksnj
  • 5 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By Shinola
  • 2 Post By czb
  • 1 Post By SoCalMarie

Thread: Taylor Swift: ‘You shouldn’t be threatened by women who are pretty & charismatic’

Default Taylor Swift: ‘You shouldn’t be threatened by women who are pretty & charismatic’

On poetic justice: “I feel like writing a song is sort of the last piece of the puzzle of solving whatever mystery I’m trying to solve emotionally. Things that kind of torture and haunt me a little bit are usually put to rest when I figure out a way to say it in a song. There’s a strange, eerie form of justice that happens when someone treats you terribly, you write a song about it, and that song ends up playing all over the world. You know at some point they’ve heard it in the grocery store, and they can’t escape.”

On being emotionally vulnerable:
    “As a songwriter you have to open yourself up over and over again to pain and rejection – and doing that at the stage my career is in, the stakes are pretty high. So if you get your heart broken, you get your heart broken on the cover of magazines that are all over the world. But I think that it’s important to continue to live your life, and not be guarded or standoffish or keep people at a distance.”

On her changing values:
    “When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I was just fascinated by romance. I think now the most important thing to me is the opinions of the sisterhood of friends that I have now … I think that my girlfriends have been what has shaped me more in the past year and a half than any other factor.”

On girlfriends versus sycophants:
    “Celebrities surround themselves with people who don’t know what they want and only have you to validate their lives—that’s not interesting to me. You should not be threatened by women who are pretty and charismatic and good at what they do…my girlfriends have shaped me more in the past year and a half than any other factor. I’ve never had more friends who I trust and can rely on, but there’s always a bit of your self-perception that’s frozen in junior high, when you trained yourself to not feel cool. You’ll never really feel like you’re part of the ‘in’ crowd, but growing up means that matters to you less and less every day.”

Why she sings blind-item songs:
    “You have to give emotion in order to evoke emotion in people. What I see cutting through are singers who give details and insights about their lives, because people feel appreciative that you’ve trusted them with that information. Being revealing can present itself in different ways—I’ve chosen to do it emotionally because that feels more natural to me.”

[From Fashion Magazine]

Cele|bitchy | Taylor Swift: ‘You shouldn’t be threatened by women who are pretty & charismatic’

That's why you don't scare us Taylor...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

‘You shouldn’t be threatened by women who are pretty & charismatic’

Wonder if this has anything to do with Katie Perry's comments about men being intimidated by her.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I"m threatened by Taylor Swift's charisma, said no one ever.

I thought she was saying her friends are pretty and charismatic.
    Tati likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Oh my God shutt uppppppppppp

czb

meh, she's harmless. and slightly less insipid than megan fox.

still hate her music, though.
    witchcurlgirl and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I"m threatened by Taylor Swift's charisma, said no one ever.
    This.

Maybe if she stopped bearding for others, she'd actually find herself a somewhat "normal" (whatever that means) relationship? Eh?

If she's not aware/that naive to see that 99% of the men she's dated are gay or bi, then someone in her camp needs to sit down and have a little chat with her. That, or she needs to come out herself, Melissa Etheridge style.

Either way, no matter what your PR camp says, there's nothing wrong with living life the way you want to - not the way it is set up for you by your management. If you let your management control your personal life for too long, you will be wearing a pink wig and beating a paps car with an umbrella within 5 years...

Whatever it will take to make herself happy... just do it Taylor - stop whining about it. Life is short. And very few people actually care about your dating life in the long run.
    BITTER likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Thread Information