Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 2 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Ellen Pompeo Welcomes Daughter Sienna May

Default Ellen Pompeo Welcomes Daughter Sienna May

Ellen Pompeo Welcomes Baby Daughter Sienna May via Surrogate!

Advertisement
    Ellen Pompeo and her husband Chris Ivery have just welcomed a newborn baby girl named Sienna May Ivery, her rep confirms to JustJared.com!
    Sienna May Ivery welcome to the world. We love you more than words can say” the 44-year-old Grey’s Anatomy actress wrote on her WhoSay page just moments ago, along with a picture of the newborn little one. She is absolutely gorgeous!
    “Sienna was born via surrogate & I would like to thank my whole @ShondalandTV family for helping us enjoy these first few weeks privately ❤️U” Ellen tweeted.
    Chris and Ellen are parents to another adorable girl named Stella, who turned 5 years old two weeks ago.

http://www.justjared.com/

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Gold Member

Congrats to Ellen.

she's almost 45.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjacket View Post
    Congrats to Ellen.

she's almost 45.
    The article states her age and the fact the baby was born via surrogate.

[quote]she's almost 45.[/quote} and your point is?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That she had to use a surrogate cause of her old ass eggs.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

well, DUH!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

fgg

Ellen Pompeo Reveals When She Welcomed Baby Daughter Sienna, Top-Secret Surrogacy Process

A doctor's discretion! Ellen Pompeo appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live Thursday, Oct. 2, where she discussed her newborn daughter Sienna May, and the top-secret surrogacy process.

"She was born two months ago," Pompeo, 44, told Kimmel of her baby girl. "I've done it before. The covert thing is kind of fun. This baby was born via surrogate, so I felt an obligation to keep the surrogate's privacy. That was of utmost importance to me."

Pompeo confirmed earlier in the afternoon that she had secretly welcomed her second child with husband Chris Ivery. "Sienna May Ivery welcome to the world," Pompeo wrote on Instagram, alongside an adorable snap of Ivery kissing 5-year-old Stella Luna's younger sister. "We love you more than words can say." The Grey's Anatomy star also gave a sneak peek into her baby Sienna's nursery on Thursday, as seen in the November 2014 issue of Architectural Digest.

Kimmel, though, was most curious about the surrogacy process. "Pardon my ignorance on this," he said to Pompeo. "When you have the baby through a surrogate, does your husband, uh, visit her in the motel room?"

Laughing, the ABC actress responded: "No, no." Stumbling for words, she explained how it worked. "I was present for the insemination. I held her hand. So they take the sperm... medically, Chris Ivery has to do what he has to do, and provide what he has to provide."

She continued, "I had to provide something as well… You have to retrieve the egg. And then they put it together in a dish — the lab technicians — and then they make the embryo. Then they insert the embryo into the woman who will carry the child."

Getting sentimental, Pompeo reflected of her surrogate: "This is an incredible thing to do with your life, to give the gift of carrying someone's child. I am forever grateful and feel very blessed and grateful to her — she who will remain anonymous. I was there with her when they inseminated her, and we held hands. I looked into the microscope and I saw the embryo. I saw the baby, and they put it in a thingy and they inseminated her. And then we held hands and we prayed, we talked to God, and if she was meant to be. He said he was going to try to help us out and now we have a gorgeous baby girl."

Read more: Ellen Pompeo Talks Baby Sienna, Top-Secret Surrogacy Process - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That baby looks cute and I can't even see her face. I saw him at Starbucks once.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Awwww, congrats to them!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    That she had to use a surrogate cause of her old ass eggs.
    Except they used her old ass eggs, but not her old ass uterus.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Gold Member

Congrats to them, but the whole holding hands and praying while the surrogate was inseminated reminds me of The Handmaid's Tale. I find it kind of creepy.

except no one was forcing this woman to be a surrogate, unlike in THT
    Kittylady and Mel1973 like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

True. But it's still a creepy visual to me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ Why? Surrogacy can be a beautiful and wonderful thing and if both they and the lady they had help them were happy to work in close partnership then there's nothing creepy about it at all. The couple feel more involved in the process and the surrogate has additional support through a physically and emotionally demanding process.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

oh crap! it's not creepy. I think that's a perfectly natural thing to do. Now, when she says of "speaking to God" that "He said he was going to try to help us out and now we have a gorgeous baby girl." That is a little much for me. If God has nothing better to do with his time (with all the horrors going on in this world) than worry about whether or not Ellen Pompeo gets a gorgeous new daughter, then we are in a lot of trouble.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information