Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Nicholas Sparks is allegedly a racist, homophobic, anti-Semite

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Nicholas Sparks is allegedly a racist, homophobic, anti-Semite

Nicholas Sparks is a homophobic, anti-Semitic racist who ironically also disrespects Alzheimer's patients ... according to the Jewish ex-headmaster of Sparks' Christian school.

Saul Hillel Benjamin claims in a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- he was hired to run the Epiphany School for Global Studies founded by Sparks in 2006.

Benjamin says he began complaining to the author of "The Notebook" and others ... the school had virtually no African Americans -- 2 out of 514 students. Benjamin claims Sparks responded, "Black students are too poor and can't do the academic work."

Benjamin also says Sparks got incensed when he [Benjamin] met with the NAACP North Carolina chapter, telling the headmaster to "engage only in private and less visible contact with African Americans."

The lawsuit goes on ... claiming Sparks ignored bullying claims by gay students and even lent support to a student group that wanted to enact a "homo-caust."

Benjamin also claims Sparks publicly humiliated him by forcing him to get up in front of the entire school and justify his Jewish heritage. He says the parents of the students hurled insults at him while the board applauded.

Benjamin says he was fired and Sparks -- who famously wrote "The Notebook" about a couple's love transcending Alzheimer's -- telling others in the school to ignore Benjamin's claims because he was suffering from Alzheimer's.

Benjamin's lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, tells TMZ ... "Apparently, despite the efforts our society has made, Mr. Sparks wants to travel back in time and vilify those who promote diversity and tolerance of all people regardless of their sexual orientation and race."

We reached out to Sparks' people ... so far no comment.

Read more: Nicholas Sparks -- Sued By School Headmaster -- He's A Racist, Homophobic, Anti-Semite | TMZ.com

Elite Member

Well, the only thing I know about Sparks is that he is an egotistical hack. I read an article about him in People once and it was enough to make me never want to read or see anything that has his name on it. He's a jackass.
    Dorahacky likes this.

Oh, man!...that isn't good. Hate hearing it,...I have enjoyed many of his books/movies over the years. Asshole...

fgg

i thought he was gay.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't know about the racist anti-Semite thing, but I can confirm he's a douche. He lives in the same town as my family and it's well-known that he's an ass and is despised by the majority. My cousins are friends with his kids (or at least his son) and apparently he's not a total prick

I don't know about all of this but I do know his books suck and were turned into sucky movies.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Nicholas Sparks is allegedly a racist, homophobic, anti-Semite
    ....and his worst crime of all is his writing.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    you beat me to it.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I read an article about him in People once and it was enough to make me never want to read or see anything that has his name on it.
    I only had to watch The Notebook to know I never wanted to read or see or hear etc.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ....and his worst crime of all is his writing.
    I wish more people that I told this to would believe me. I'd swear that some people I know thinks he walks on water. There's no accounting for taste sometimes.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I wish more people that I told this to would believe me. I'd swear that some people I know thinks he walks on water. There's no accounting for taste sometimes.
    HE thinks he walks on water and his opinion of his writing was that he knows everything and can write anything and people will buy it. I was completely turned off by his attitude.

Unfortunately people WILL always buy sentimental crap, no matter how badly written.
    tulip likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I can barely sit through the movies based on his books; I'm not even going to attempt to read one. Maudlin, sappy shit you read while listening to John Tesh or Jim Brickman music.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I like a lot of his books/movies. Why feel guilty? The only opinion that matters is your own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information