Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Prince William, Kate Middleton Asking Individual to Stop "Harassing" Prince George

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Prince William, Kate Middleton Asking Individual to Stop "Harassing" Prince George

Prince William, Kate Middleton Take "Legal Steps" Asking Individual to Stop "Harassing" Prince George

One day Prince George will be king, but right now, he's just a 13-month-old toddler wanting to play at the park!

Prince William and Kate Middleton want their little boy to be able to do just this, and the royal couple is taking "legal steps" to make this happen, per a statement issued by Buckingham Palace Thursday.

An incident last week "has prompted Their Royal Highnesses to seek reasonable assurances" from an individual who they've asked to stop "harassing and following both Prince George and his nanny as they go about their ordinary daily lives," according to the statement.

"The individual was spotted at a central London Park in the vicinity of Prince George, who was removed from the Park immediately," the statement explains. "There is reason to suspect that the individual may been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines for a period of time."

It should be noted that Will and Kate, both 32, "understand the particular public role that Prince George will one day will inherit" but ask that "while he is young," he be able to "lead as ordinary a life as possible."

"No parent would tolerate the suspicion of someone pursuing and harassing their child and carer whilst their child is playing in a public park or going about their daily activities," the palace statement said.

It continued: "Just like any parent, The Duke and Duchess want Prince George to have the freedom to safely experience normal childhood activities, like going to the park and playing with other children, without the threat of harassment or being placed under surveillance."

As for the individual the royals have asked to stop "harassing" young Georgie? Per the palace, this person "has already been spoken to by protection officers about his behaviour in respect of Members of the Royal Family on previous occasions over a number of years."

Prince William, Kate Middleton Take Legal Steps Asking Individual to Stop Harassing Prince George | E! Online

i wonder if the baby stalker is a pap or just a nutter?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Paul Burrell?

Quote Originally Posted by roslyntaberfan View Post
    Paul Burrell?
    Okay, that ​would be creepy.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

My tinfoil hat tells me that the Cambridges are trying to cover up that while they live in Sandringham, George is in London shacked up with some Spanish chick.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Word is that it's a pap who has been pushing for pictures.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^I think it's a pap as well, if it was a stalker he would have been dealt with more strongly than getting "spoken to" by protection officers. I suspect that he is behind some or all of these pictures.

Prince George Alexander Louis on Pinterest
    Last edited by dougie; October 2nd, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
    snoopqueen likes this.

He's an adorable little muffin.
    snoopqueen and *DIVA! like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

He IS an adorable muffin but still, how incredibly boring to stalk a baby. They have a limited repertoire of activity.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

They seem so civil about it. If someone were stalking my kid, I'd probably want to rip their throat out.

BBC News - Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer

2 October 2014 Last updated at 13:45 ET
    Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer

Lawyers for the photographer Niraj Tanna have issued a seven-page letter contesting the claims

Lawyers for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked a photographer to "cease harassing" Prince George.

A Kensington Palace statement said they were prompted to take action after the man was spotted near the 14-month-old and his nanny in a central London park.

The couple are not taking legal action at this stage, but may consider it in the future, the statement said.

Lawyers for the photographer, Niraj Tanna, said he had done nothing wrong and would continue with his work.

The statement from the palace said there was "reason to suspect that the individual may have been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines for a period of time."

Legal options BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said palace officials believed the photographer's actions amounted to "stalking" and that lawyers were seeking an assurance he would desist.

"If they do not receive these assurances that this behaviour will stop, they will then consider options of legal action," he said.

Our correspondent added that the man had been warned off last week by royal protection officers and that he had also been spoken to "over a number of years" about his behaviour.

Analysis By Peter Hunt, BBC royal correspondent

Not for the first time, this is Prince William attempting to define what constitutes his family's private life as he struggles - in the face of intense global media interest - to carve out as near as normal an existence as he can for his toddler son, who will one day be king.

In doing so, he's picked a very public fight with a photographer, Niraj Tanna, who is keen and determined to stand his ground.

Mr Tanna's defence is that he's entitled to take pictures in a public park and he hasn't followed, harassed or intimidated either George or his nanny.

William's next step could be court action.

In recent years, royals and court cases have proved to be uncomfortable bedfellows.

You can read more from Peter Hunt on his BBC royal and diplomatic correspondent page.

However, lawyers for the photographer Niraj Tanna have issued a seven-page letter contesting the claims.

The letter says Mr Tanna strongly objects to what he calls "the groundless allegations".

'Fully entitled' It says it is "wholly without foundation" to accuse him of following or spying on them.

It goes on to say that press photographers are "fully entitled" to take images in public places such as parks, and that any legal action will be "vigorously contested".

It adds: "He will continue to undertake his work with the concerns of the Prince's parents very much in mind."

The prince was photographed on a royal visit to New Zealand in April

Since his birth in July 2013, the royal couple have posed for a number of official photographs with Prince George.

He has also been pictured accompanying his parents on state visits and with the palace's consent at other events.

The statement from the Kensington Palace said: "The duke and duchess understand the particular public role that Prince George will one day inherit but while he is young, he must be permitted to lead as ordinary a life as possible."

It added: "No parent would tolerate the suspicion of someone pursuing and harassing their child and carer."

Alleged harassment Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo was named as the prince's nanny in March when the palace appealed for her privacy to be respected.

The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) editors' code of practice states that young children "must not be interviewed or photographed on issues involving their own or another child's welfare unless a custodial parent or similarly responsible adult consents".

IPSO replaced the defunct Press Complaints Commission last month.

Before the royal couple married, the Middleton family raised privacy concerns about alleged harassment by press agency photographers.

And in 2012, lawyers for the pair also took action against French gossip magazine Closer for publishing topless photos of the duchess.

BBC News - Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Pap - (see BBC report above) I was listening to this news report on the radio, they said that he takes a lot of photos that don't appear on the British press/magazines/etc but that he can and does sell them to EU & US.
    Also they seemed to allude to an insider tipping him of to the nanny's schedule, as they said something along the lines of "he is always there when the nanny goes to the park with George" etc etc... it was just the way it was worded, I don't think I have the subtleties right...

A*O

Duchess Dolittle and George will be living at their large Norfolk estate soon with more private parkland and royal protection officers than they know what to do with. Senior royals expecting a "normal" private life are completely unrealistic if they still enjoy the considerable pampered privileges that go with the job. They can't have it both ways. If Kate doesn't want paps taking pictures of her tits or her kid then don't give them the slightest opportunity. William is turning into a pussywhipped whinger. I believe the gossip that he doesn't want the top job so super ambitious Kate was recruited to keep him on message.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

On a side note, the nanny seems really loving. That's good.

But, yeah, baby stalking. Get a life.
    snoopqueen likes this.

For $100/k for just one great shot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information