Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Stevie Nicks: I Was Once Pregnant With Don Henley's Baby

fgg

Default Stevie Nicks: I Was Once Pregnant With Don Henley's Baby

Stevie Nicks: I Was Once Pregnant With Don Henley's Baby

Whoa. Stevie Nicks admitted in a new interview with Billboard magazine that she was once pregnant with Don Henley's baby. The Fleetwood Mac singer addressed Eagles singer Henley's statements about how the band's 1979 song "Sara" (which Nicks wrote) was about their unborn child.

"Had I married Don and had that baby, and had she been a girl, I would have named her Sara," Nicks, 66, responded. "But there was another woman in my life named Sara, who shortly after that became Mick's wife, Sara Fleetwood."

In the late 1970s, "Leather and Lace" collaborators Nicks and Henley dated briefly after she split from bandmate Lindsey Buckingham. During their whirlwind relationship, Nicks got pregnant and according to the Eagles frontman, she ultimately chose to terminate the pregnancy.

Nicks added to Billboard: "[What Henley says about the song] is accurate, but not the entirety of it."

That was not the only confession Nicks made during her recent Q&A. The "Gypsy" singer also revealed that her doctor once warned her in the late '80s that if she did one more line of cocaine, she would have suffered a brain hemorrhage. "Sometimes you can't see it in yourself, but you sure as heck can see it in someone else. And suicide was never my MO," Nicks explained. "I'm basically a happy person. I was a happy person back then. I just got addicted to coke, and that was a very bad drug for me. It was obviously a very bad drug for Mabel [Normand] too. She had a gang of rich kids, like Lindsay Lohan today. That same bunch of girls comes around every 15 years."

With this many confessions, Nicks explained why she has yet to pen a memoir. "Because I wouldn't be able to tell the whole truth. The world is not ready for my memoir, I guarantee you," Nicks insisted. "All of the men I hung out with are on their third wives by now, and the wives are all under 30. If I were to write what really happened between 1972 and now, a lot of people would be very angry with me. It'll happen some day, just not for a very long time. I won't write a book until everybody is so old that they no longer care. Like, 'I'm 90, I don't care what you write about me.'"

She mused: "I am loyal to a fault. And I have a certain loyalty to these people that I love because I do love them, and I will always love them. I cannot throw any of them under the bus until I absolutely know that they will not care."

Read more: Stevie Nicks Was Once Pregnant With Don Henley's Baby - Us Weekly
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

This is INCREDIBLY old news. Except as I recall, Stevie said she miscarried while Don claimed it was an abortion.
    holly and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

On a related note, my favorite song about Don Henley is by Mojo Nixon.

Haven't we known this forever?
    holly likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I do so wish she'd write a book. Love her so much. Wanted to be her.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Me too. I'm going to the exhibit next month featuring her self portraits. Trying to figure out how to get one out the door unnoticed.

Syd

I fucking LOVE her. Would kill to read her memoir, but it's very admirable that she doesn't want to blow up other people's lives.
    mopar likes this.

I thought that Nicks and Buckingham were an amazing-looking couple:

They were and they seem super tight now which I think is great.

Charmed-grab me something too!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Me too. I'm going to the exhibit next month featuring her self portraits. Trying to figure out how to get one out the door unnoticed.
    read the goldfinch.
    sputnik likes this.

Elite Member

Yeah, this is really old news.

Stevie Nicks was very special to my daughter and me. My birthday card/letter my daughter wrote me a few months before she died and it talked about her listening to music in my honor and that Stevie was on her iPod. I haven't been able to listen to a Stevie Nicks song yet. I hope I can soon one day.
    dexter7, stef, Brookie and 18 others like this.

Gold Member

There's a book by Lindsey's ex called Storms. Lindsey comes off especially bad.

Elite Member

Lindsey is a self admitted asshole. Stevie abd the rest of FM confirm. Some of the stories about both of their behavior is out there. I think the excesses of the 70s and 80s did a number on both of them, in various ways.

Stevie has previously hinted at violence in their relationship as well- it started after the "fame" came along.

There's footage of him kicking her on stage at one point. She also told a story about him pinning her up against a car back in the late 70s.
    .I haven't read Carol Ann ' s book. There's lots of info on message boards about her, not much of it flattering.

As for Lindsey and Stevie, check out this performance of Silver Springs, especially starting at 4:15. She starts singing directly at him, the lyrics are very pointed and powerful. She gets really intense about it too, almost thought she might smack him, lol.

Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information