Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Modern Family's Sarah Hyland 'Scared and in Fear for Life' From Ex

Default Modern Family's Sarah Hyland 'Scared and in Fear for Life' From Ex

Modern Family's Sarah Hyland 'Scared and in Fear for Life' From Ex

Rebecca Rose

Expand
    Today in more awful news, Sarah Hyland, who plays Haley Dunphy on Modern Family, told a court she is in fear for her life from her ex, fellow actor Matthew Prokop.
    According to TMZ, on Tuesday, Hyland took out a restraining order against Prokop, who she said choked and pushed her and made repeated threats against her. Hyland and Prokop, who has also appeared on the show, broke up in August after five years together. She told the court he "relentlessly bombarded me with vile, threatening and emotionally disturbing texts and voice mails including his own suicide threats." She said Prokop also threatened to burn down her home and hurt her dog.
    According to the docs, Prokop — an actor who once appeared on "Modern Family" — pinned Hyland against a car during an argument about her outfit back in May and unleashed hell ... calling her "c**t, c**t, c**t" and choking her. Hyland says in the docs, "His grip was so tight that I could not breathe or speak. I was scared and in fear for my life."
    Sarah says she suffered injuries to her voice — and had a "very sore throat following this event." In the docs, Hyland says she knew she was in an abusive relationship — and asked her TV mom Julie Bowen to come to her house to help "peacefully end the relationship."
    Hyland says she had purchased a plane ticket to send Matthew back to his home in Texas — but when Matthew arrived to the home and saw Julie (along with others), he freaked out ... "ran outside into the backyard and began screaming."
    Star Magazine reported a few days ago that Hyland was "terrified" of Prokop, who was harassing her after the breakup:
    "Matt has become obsessed with Sarah," claims a source. "He calls and texts her constantly and has even said some strange things about her and her dog. She's terrified and wants him to stop."
    Matt has also been sharing his heartbreak via Twitter. On Aug. 17 he posted, "Here comes the sun again…Means another day without you my friend."
    After their breakup last month, Prokop reportedly entered rehab. According to TMZ, Hyland said she took out the restraining order after the director of the rehab facility where Prokob was being treated advised her to do so based on the actor's "mental state and attitude against her." Prokop cannot come within 100 yards of Hyland or her dog.
    [TMZ/Star]

Modern Family's Sarah Hyland 'Scared and in Fear for Life' From Ex

Damn, he sounds bent.

Elite Member

Wow. Oh boy that is bad news. I really feel for her.

Jesus. Scary situation. I hope he stays away from her and the dog.

Gold Member

I've hated this guy since he went out of his way to harass Amanda Bynes on twitter to get himself some publicity. This was after it became clear to everyone that she was very unwell.
    Plus, he is creepy looking.

Wow,

I actually looked this guy's name up and realized that Hyland and Prokop had made a cute little movie together that I saw with my kids. It was called "Geek Charming". If I remember correctly, she plays this social butterfly who takes him (a geek) under her wing and helps him clean up and dress better and become popular. Then, they fall in love. I had no idea they were an item in real life. He seemed like such a sweet kid in the movie. Definitely goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover.
    tulip likes this.

It's probably safest for her that she's making this so public. It also shames this little jackass, and he needs that.

I've recently begun watching this show she's on. It's a great show. I love the two sisters; she plays one.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Asshole.

As an aside, I'm kinda digging that she went to her TV mom to help her.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Well, Sarah Hyland reportedly was granted a temporary restraining order against her abusive ex-boyfriend Matthew Prokop.
    Well, thanks for the utterly redundant info and linkback to your site, Rod. Reported.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; September 24th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Thread Information