Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX.

Peterson missed Vikings team practice yesterday -- though the team explained it as a "veteran's day."

Earlier today, Peterson posted a message on Twitter -- though it's unclear if it's related to the case.

"People understand that if you are on God's course and suppose to have that position and man decides to remove you know that God will remove everyone to place you rightfully! You matter!"

"Its your season! Weapons may form but won’t prosper! God has you covered don’t stress or worry!"

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3D8VrUJcL

What a wit.

The fuck does that even mean?
    SHELLEE, Honeythorn and chartreuse like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds. The NFL may need to call the season because there won't be any players left.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ah, deep thoughts from the illiterate...
    sputnik, *Kat*, Honeythorn and 3 others like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Arrest of Adrian Peterson (reported by @MarkBermanFox26) stems from the disciplining of a son with a switch, source says. He’s been indicted
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/510531739685359616

The investigation has been going on for some time with Adrian Peterson, source says. He testified for a grand jury weeks ago.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3m

RT @mattvensel: Peterson was at practice today and was in the locker room afterwards. That was about three hours ago.

I am seeing in the updated report that its due to spanking but NFL needs to sort its act together.
    Honeythorn likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources connected to Peterson tell us ... the alleged victim is a male child from Minnesota who was visiting Adrian back in May at AP's home in Texas.

We're told the child returned home to his mother in Minn. who noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. A short time later, the doctor contacted authorities in Texas to report Adrian.

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and say the alleged victim is an 11-year-old boy.

Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child, this according to MyFOX Houston 26.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3D8f7lNY2

I'm not against a simple spanking--but a normal spanking should not leave bruises. That switch shit is antiquated, cruel and vicious.

maybe if people took the time to teach athletes something other than running fast and catching a ball from about age 10, these guys wouldn't grow up to be violent, ignorant asshats with gigantic egos and no impulse control?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

mjw
    Elite Member

According to law-enforcement sources, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson beat his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a form of punishment this summer, an incident that allegedly resulted in multiple injuries to the child. According to reports, Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas for injury to a child.

The “whooping” – as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

Peterson, when contacted by police, admitted that he had “whooped” his son on the backside with a switch as a form of punishment, and then, in fact, produced a switch similar to the one with which he hit the child. Peterson also admitted that he administered two different “whoopings” to his son during the visit to Texas, the other being a punishment for the 4-year-old scratching the face of a 5-year-old.

In an interview with Houston police, Peterson was very matter-of-fact and calm about the incident, appearing to believe he had done nothing wrong and reiterating how much he cared about his son and only used “whoopings” or “spankings” as a last resort. He offered up information that the police didn’t have and was incredulous when asked if some of the numerous wounds and marks on the child were from an extension cord, saying, “Oh, no, I’d never hit my child with an extension cord. I remember how it feels to get whooped with an extension cord. I’d never do that.”

Peterson also said, “Anytime I spank my kids, I talk to them before, let them know what they did, and of course after.” Peterson also expressed regret that his son did not cry – because then, Peterson said, he would have known that the switch was doing more damage than intended. He didn’t realize the “tip of the switch and the ridges of the switch were wrapping around [the child’s] legs.” Peterson also acknowledged that this was administered directly to the child’s skin and with the child’s pants pulled down.

Peterson later told police that the marks on his son’s buttocks were similar to the marks any of his other children get when he “spanks them with a switch,” but that the mark on the child’s leg from when the switch “wrapped around his thigh” was more severe than anything he had ever done in the past.

Peterson said he knew that his son had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for when he returned home and that the doctor would discover the injuries. Peterson added that if he felt like he was “really wrong for what I did, or had any ill intent, there’s no way I would have let him get on that plane.” He went on to say, “I have nothing to hide, but I also understand when a child has marks like that on his leg, they have to report that.”

When Peterson was asked how he felt about the incident, he said, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent.” He also described the incident as a “normal whooping” in regards to the “welps” on the child’s buttocks, but that he felt bad immediately when he saw the injuries on the child’s legs. Peterson estimated he “swatted” his son “10 to 15” times, but he’s not sure because he doesn’t “ever count how many pops I give my kids.”

Peterson went on to reiterate again how much he loves all his kids, and only “whoops” them because he wants them to do right. Toward the end of the interview, Peterson said he would reconsider using switches in the future, but said he would never “eliminate whooping my kids . . . because I know how being spanked has helped me in my life.”

After the child returned home to Minnesota in late May, the mother took the son to his previously scheduled doctor appointment and the doctor that examined the child said the injuries were consistent with child abuse and that it appeared the child had injuries from one incident involving a “switch” and another incident possibly involving a cord.

Authorities in Minnesota referred the case to the Houston Police Department to investigate. During the investigation, authorities determined that the incident did not take place on Woodway Drive in Houston, as originally believed, but instead in Spring, Texas, which is in the Montgomery County jurisdiction.

According to a law-enforcement source, Peterson was indicted Friday in Montgomery County, Texas, but has not yet been arrested.

The NFL recently unveiled a domestic-violence policy, which stipulates a six-game suspension for a first offense but allows for steeper penalties if children are involved.
    As of publication, Peterson is not under arrest and is expected to play for the Vikings this weekend when they host the Patriots.

EXCLUSIVE Details On Adrian Peterson Indictment Charges « CBS Houston

“mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”
    “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh”
    “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

“Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”
    violent, illiterate and abusive. father of the year!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He's fucking 4 years old! How is beating the shit out of a little boy teaching him anything?
    yanna, Angeli, nana51 and 5 others like this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”
    Eat your heart out Christian Grey!

Peterson estimated he “swatted” his son “10 to 15” times, but he’s not sure because he doesn’t

...know how to count.
    Sarzy, sputnik, yanna and 9 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Sickening... Wtf is wrong with people??? NOT condoning it....but I am sure he did grow up getting his ass beat...and the shit continues to the next generation. smh

I am sure Ray Rice is happy he is yesterdays news now.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information