Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By fgg
  • 4 Post By Daisy Sun
  • 1 Post By fgg

Thread: Neil Patrick Harris Marries David Burtka

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Neil Patrick Harris Marries David Burtka

After 10 years and two kids together, Neil Patrick Harris andDavid Burtka got married on Saturday.

"We happily confirm that Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka were married in Italy in an intimate ceremony surrounded by their close friends and family," Harris's representative tells PEOPLE.

Confirmed Harris on Twitter: "Guess what? @DavidBurtka and I got married over the weekend. In Italy. Yup, we put the 'n' and 'd' in 'husband.' "

Wearing custom Tom Ford tuxedos, the How I Met Your Mother star, 41, and Burtka, 39, wed with close friend and mentor Pam Fryman, the long-time director of How I Met Your Mother, officiating.

Also taking part in the celebration were the couple's fraternal twins, Harper Grace and Gideon Scott, 3½.

One highlight of the festive evening was a special performance at the reception by Sir Elton John.

The couple were thrilled in 2011 when New York legalized gay marriage and paved the way for their eventual nuptials.

"It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!!" Harris Tweeted at the time, adding, "David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago! We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date."

Looks like they found one.

http://www.people.com/article/neil-p...s-david-burtka

fgg

so either the rumors were false about them on the verge of breaking up & NPH cheating or he thinks this will fix their problems. i do love me some NPH so i hope it is the former.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I thought they were already married, but congrats to them!

fgg

i want to know more about david having kids with someone else before and dropping them to be with NPH. i think sluce brought that up a few months ago.
    tulip likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i want to know more about david having kids with someone else before and dropping them to be with NPH. i think sluce brought that up a few months ago.

This is what I found online....

Is David Burtka A Deadbeat Dad?

Before meeting Neil Patrick Harris, David Burtka was already a surrogate dad to a set of twins.

Neil Patrick Harris may be eagerly counting down the days until he becomes a first time dad, but, for his partner David Burtka, the anticipation of the arrival of their twins, who will be born to a surrogate mother, may be of the déjà vu variety.

According to Star Magazine, David is already a dad to 10-year-old twins, Flynn and Javin, who live with their other dad and David's ex, film producer Lane Janger. The couple had the twins via a surrogate mother in 2000, but broke-up in 2004, and, now, claims the magazine, David rarely ever sees the kids, even though they all live in LA.

"David doesn't see that much of the children, especially since he's been with Neil. He chats with both of them on the phone and sends them presents on their birthdays," said an insider.

Weirdly enough, Neil and David are even using the same surrogate agency that David and Lane used almost 10 years ago.

“It was actually David who suggested it," added the insider.

Although we don't know the full story of David and Lane's break-up or what their custody agreement is, as Celebitchy.com points out, if this was a heterosexual baby drama situation, David could be accused of being a deadbeat dad. How could he be there for the first 4 years of those children's lives and then just walk-away and start a new family with someone else? Presents and the occasional phone call do not a relationship (or parent) make.

And what if he and NPH break-up? Will he just abandon these new kids too?

Read more: Is David Burtka A Deadbeat Dad? | YourTango

Elite Member

From what I've read, David helped raise them while with their dad, but the dad was already involved in the surrogate process when they met. The kids aren't biologically David's supposedly. NPH has mentioned them briefly from time to time, so it does seem like they seem them occasionally - who knows how much, maybe they just don't share all the details about someone else's kids.

A sincere congrats to them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Love Neil. Hope they are very happy together.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

Kelly Ripa Spills Details on Neil Patrick Harris' "Beautiful" Wedding to David Burtka With Funny Story

Spill! Kelly Ripa attended Neil Patrick Harris' surprise secret wedding to David Burtka this past weekend, and gave away some insider details on the Monday, Sept. 8 episode of Live! With Kelly and Michael.

"I spent the weekend, in Italy," Ripa, 43, told her co-host Michael Strahan. "I went to a destination wedding… the wedding of Neil Patrick Harris and his partner David Burtka," she continued as the room erupted into cheers. "They got married, yes!"

Ripa described the nuptials as a "very quiet, very private, family affair." She joked, "I'm probably not even supposed to talk about it," though adding that she received approval from one of the grooms. "Neil said I could talk about it," Ripa added.

"It was a beautiful family affair in Perugia, Italy. They rented a castle — or I think they rented it. I hope we didn't break into a castle and just stayed there," Ripa recalled. "Sir Elton John performed. There were fireworks. The food was amazing. There were magic tricks, because, you know Neil is way into magic. Their wedding vows were so beautiful."

The highlight of the evening, according to the chirpy blonde hostess, was Harris and Burtka's twins, Gideon and Harper, who were part of the ceremony. "Harper was going to be the flower girl and Gideon was going to be the ring bearer," Ripa revealed.

The couple's 3-year-old boy, however, was more stubborn than his sister. "He said, 'I don't want to be the ring bearer. I want to be the orange boy,'" Ripa told Strahan. "And he passed out oranges to everybody as he came down the aisle… he came up with it on his own. He had his little tux and his top hat and he passed out oranges."

Later that evening, Ripa met up with little Gideon on the dance floor and thanked him for the fruit! "We were dancing I said to him, 'Look, Gideon. I saved your orange because I'm gonna keep it forever.' And he goes, 'Oh, you shouldn't. They're so delicious!'"

Harris, 41, and Burtka, 39, have been together since 2004, and got engaged in June 2011, after it became legal for same sex couples to marry in the state of New York. How I Met Your Mother alum Harris confirmed his marriage news via Twitter on Monday, Sept. 8. "Yup, we put the 'n' and 'd' in 'husband'." he wrote.

In all, Ripa recollected the wedding as "beautiful." She added, "They're such a beautiful family. So talented and really deserving."

Read more: Kelly Ripa Talks About Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka's Wedding - Us Weekly

Thread Information