• 1 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By Kittylady
  • 2 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By sluce

Thread: 400-Kilo Drug Bust at Paris Hiltonís Ranch in Costa Rica

Default 400-Kilo Drug Bust at Paris Hiltonís Ranch in Costa Rica

400-Kilo Drug Bust at Paris Hiltonís Ranch in Costa Rica

Posted on September 2, 2014 by Daniel Hopsicker

A private runway on a 6000-acre ranch in Costa Rica belonging to celebrity Paris Hilton was the scene of a major drug raid last week netting a half-dozen suspects in the middle of a multimillion-dollar drug deal.
    According to intelligence and law enforcement officials in the beleaguered Central American country, agents of the Costa Rica Federal Judicial Investigation Organization (OIJ) seized a single-engine Cessna that was idling on the runway as it was being loaded with 400 kilos of cocaine.

Inside the cockpit police made an unexpected discovery: almost $2 million in cash in notes of various denominations stuffed in plastic bags. Police were trying to determine who owned the plane, bearing an American tail number, N473EY, which officials said was phony. The plane, they said, had come from Mexico.
    In addition to the six people arrested, authorities told local newspapers a manhunt was on for three additional suspects, including the ringleader.
    Authorities said it was the third time the drug ring involved had used the runway for cocaine flights. The ring operated in Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Mexico, they said.
    OIJ director Francisco Segura told a press conference in the capital that the three-month long investigation had paid off handsomely with the discovery of drugs, money, co-conspirators, and a plane all at the same place and time.
    Was Hamptons' power couple unwinding at the ranch?

Several days later, however, local buzz over the arrests at Hilton's working farm and ranch, called Rancho Horizonte, was all about her parents, Kathy and Rick Hilton, who were reportedly at the ranch when the raid took place.
    ďAs if the seizure of a plane with nearly $2 million in cash and 400 kilograms of cocaine in CaŮas, Guanacaste, wasnít dramatic enough,Ē reported the English-language Tico Times, ďa local Costa Rican newspaper has suggested that U.S. reality-TV star and hotel heiress Paris Hilton has a connection to the sting.Ē
    The connection was first reported by Costa Rica daily Diario Extra. The paper quoted a local resident who stated Paris Hiltonís parents were at the ranch when it was raided by police. Residents told local reporters that Paris Hiltonís parents had been visiting the farm for years.
    Richard Howard "Rick" Hilton is the grandson of Hilton Hotels founder Conrad Hilton. His wife, Kathy Hilton, a native of Los Angles, was an actress whose notable appearances included Bewitched, Family Affair, Happy Days, and The Rockford Files.
    Owners not under suspicion at this time.

The assistant prosecutor in the provincial capital of Liberia confirmed to The Tico Times that Rancho Horizonte is owned by a company with the name ďHiltonĒ in its title.
    But the prosecutor, Liliana Zamora, added that the owners of the farm were not under suspicion of wrongdoing at this time.
    According to the Costa Rican General Directorate of Civil Aviation (DGCA), there are 90 registered private airstrips in the country. which operate without any police oversight. Weaknesses in control of private airfields aerodromes make them attractive targets for illegal activities.
    Local resident Cristian Castillo, 37, told reporters the village is normally very quiet. ďHere we go to bed at 8 pm. I did not know what was going on. When I found out I was scared. There were planes overhead and police patrols in the neighborhood.Ē
    Ironically, Amnesia Ibiza is a rock-solid alibi

At the time of the bust, Paris Hilton herself was hosting her "Foam And Diamonds party" at Amnesia Ibiza, Londonís Daily Mail reported, where, wearing a pair of over-sized black cat-eye sunglasses, a coral string bikini and sheer black cover-up skirt.
    At some point during the evening, ice water from a Moet champagne cooler was being poured over her by an unidentified male as she took the ALS challenge.
    As the investigation continued the suspects were all given six months preventive detention. Considering the nature of transnational crime, the prosecutor said more suspects likely remained at large.

400-Kilo Drug Bust at Paris Hilton’s Ranch in Costa Rica | MadCow Morning News

None of these Hiltons will do five seconds of time and for that I say, Don't tell me money has nothing to do with anything.

it's also common for drug cartels to use private runways on ranches and farms without the owners' consent, or they'll bribe workers and use them when the owners aren't there.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Syd

Costa Rica is a beleaguered country? News to me, and probably to Ticos.
    sputnik likes this.

yeah, i saw that too and thought, wtf? in fact, i'm here now for work and it's pretty safe and uneventful. especially compared to the rest of central america.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Would be interesting to know the distance between the home and runway, if Hilton's were there every day and didn't notice anything. I suppose it's a huge sprawling ranch with lot's of vegetation and stuff to hide an airstrip but would be funny if it wasn't and it was a wall of windows overlooking the thing
    Drive-by poster

^^^
    I was thinking the same thing. How do you not notice a plane on your own runway? Three times?
    Mrs P likes this.

Bugger that! I want to know how they got 400kilos on that plane, because that is a full pallet load....
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There goes Banned's party plans for the weekend.
    rollo and Novice like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

pleaseohpleaseGodgethergethergether.
    Brookie and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    There goes Banned's party plans for the weekend.
    That's all I was thinking. Oops!

I just read a great article about how drug dealers are using corn fields, without the farmers knowledge or consent, and growing lots of weed. It is rarly caught.

The Secret Pot-Growing Operations in America's Cornfields - The Atlantic
    SHELLEE likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information