Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Rants and outbursts of Kanye West

Default Rants and outbursts of Kanye West

I am starting this thread because it feels like poor little Kanye doesn't get the attention he deserves for his maniacal rants, tantrums, and outbursts, when they are put into Kardashian threads. Sadly, it seems Kanye continues to show he is missing the sense of humor chip and believes he is of much greater importance than he really is.

Kanye West Confronted Jay Pharoah Post MTV VMA Spoof, Rants About Class and Relationship With Kim Kardashian
    Us Weekly 1 hour ago

No joke here. Kanye West admitted to the crowd during a series of rants at the Made in America festival in Philadelphia on Saturday, Aug. 30, that he confronted comedian Jay Pharoah after his spoof at the 2014 MTV VMAs.

"They want to make a joke out of how hard we work," Kim Kardashian’s husband said while on stage at the Jay Z hosted event referring to Pharoah and one of South Park's recent spoofs. “It's fine and all funny and everything, but don't distract from our vision. It's not a joke what we do up here. This music that we do is not a joke. What we do culturally is not a joke."

The rapper went on to tell the crowd that he called Pharoah after the SNL actor’s skit went down at the Aug. 24 award show. "I called Jay Pharoah right after the MTV awards," West said. "I said, 'I appreciate your show, but let me tell you about my story. Let me tell you about what I went through to get to that position’ … So we ain't gonna have no black comedians going onstage spoofing the people that's working hard, and helping the next man out.”

North West’s dad’s rant also included his relationship with Kardashian.

"For me to be in a very publicized interracial relationship is not a joke,” he told the crowd of his new marriage. “It's something that should be treated with respect cause we’re all in this together.”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

He and Kartrashian are both jokes. Just in case he missed the memo.

Here is an overview of Kanye's performance this weekend.

Made in America Philadelphia Day 1 Highlights: The National, Steve Aoki, Kanye West & More | Billboard

10:37 p.m.: After Aoki adds three or four new cakes to his lifelong total (seriously, someone get his baker a reality show), it’s Kanye time. As the sounds of angry dogs reverberates across the park, Kanye emerges from a cloud of smoke in his diamond-studded Yeezus tour mask. “Black Skinhead” is first on the menu, followed up quickly by his verse from “Mercy.”

10:50 p.m.: Kanye is barely three bars into “New Slaves” before he stops the music. “Turn that shit black and white,” he commands the video production crew. “I’ma take my mask off so they can see my face really close -- just my face, but black and white.” This is the first hint that a Kanye rant may be imminent, which prompts one fan to shout, “Go viral! Say some shit!”

10:58 p.m.: Rant request granted, part one. “You can call me a lot of things,” Kanye says after a triumphant “Power.” “I’m in a very publicized interracial relationship right now... I just need y’all to know this is the shit we give our lives to till 3 a.m. in the studio, not the media trying to segregate us.” He then asks the crowd to make some space to form a circle for a mid-set “Blood On the Leaves,” which he normally uses to close out each night of the Yeezus tour.

11:14 p.m.: The mask is back on, and so is the ranting. “The main reason they say that Kanye is not a good guy...is just I tell the truth, and I tell the truth your whole life. All life. And what makes that Mercedes-Benz better than your Toyota or something is it’s called class. It’s what motivates you to get to a higher job, a better house...my job is to be exactly who I am. I sit at awards shows looking at mothafuckers like, I’m the only n---- here that’s not crazy.”

11:16 p.m.: And speaking of awards shows, Kanye was not happy with Jay Pharoah’s impression of him during last weekend’s VMAs, and called the “SNL” cast member up to tell him so. “[I said], ‘Let me tell you what I went through to get to that position -- it’s 12 times harder to do that if you see a black guy goofing on a black entertainer. It’s about beauty and truth and creativity and positivity.” Somewhere, a Budweiser exec sighs relief that cuddly Kanye has decided to come out tonight, and not anti-corporate ranting Kanye.

11:25 p.m.: Kanye would love to tell you more about his love for Travis Scott, Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar and Frank Ocean, but even he is wary of the clock. “The last thing I wanna do is fuck up my curfew for Jay Z, my brother, so don’t worry Hov.”

11:40 p.m.: We’re knee-deep in hits now, from “Run This Town” and “Heartless” to “All Falls Down” and “Touch The Sky.” Kanye apparently has so many hits, he’s already forgotten which ones were released as singles. “If you don’t mind, I wanna do something that’s a little bit underground,” he says before introducing top 20 Hot 100 hit “All Of the Lights.”

11:44 p.m.: The irony of performing “The Good Life” in the City of Brotherly Love does not elude Kanye. “The good life/if feel like Philly/it feel like Philly/IT FEEL LIKE PHILLY OHHH.”

11:50 p.m.: “Before we get out of here I wanna introduce the many people that helped make this shit tonight,” Kanye says before introducing his “legendary” keyboardist Mike Dean and “my cousin, the world-famous Tony Williams, take us home.” A closing one-two punch of “Bound 2” and “Blood On the Leaves” reprise was an apropos send-off, even if a handful of folks wouldn’t be going home for very long.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A made-for-Kanye quote, except.... it's just so flipping easy and amusing to 'poke the bear.' He's so deranged, and so talented, that to the tabloid press, comedians, etc., he must look like an all-you-can-eat buffet of publicity. The only sticking point for me is whether or not he is complicit in his own bat-shit persona.

I know he's been called a genius, but it's usually him saying that about himself.

lindsaywhit and snoopqueen like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

That's funny because one of his funniest quotes this weekend was "I know more people like me than hate me."
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I know he's been called a genius, but it's usually him saying that about himself.

I think musicians can be immensely talented, but I have a hard time calling them geniuses. From what I've heard from Kanye, I couldn't call him a genius.

He doesn't shut his mouth long enough to let people decide for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think musicians can be immensely talented, but I have a hard time calling them geniuses. From what I've heard from Kanye, I couldn't call him a genius.
    After the video he did with Dim, I wouldn't even call him talented.
    idunno, Jazzy and Kittylady like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

He's got a great body of work but he won't let it speak for itself. I think I read somewhere that he practises his rants so that he is never at a loss for ramming his messages down people's throats. He must be hell to live with - if he was ever living with someone, that is.
    idunno, sluce, Lily Bleu and 5 others like this.

Maybe Riccardo finds that sexy?
    snoopqueen, joebob and Kittylady like this.

Well I am quite sure Cim doesn't!
    Kittylady and sluce like this.

I love that they refer to him as Kim Kardashian's husband.

He's an idiot and his main talent seems to be calling attention to his assholery through various means. Kanye thinks Kanye is a genius. In his mind and world, that's all that matters. He thinks he's the most talented, successful musician "of all time". He also believes the trashbag he married is one of the top ten, most beautiful women "of all time" and that her family are some of the most important people "of our time". So, there's that. Kanye will mostly be remembered for his antics and not his music. In fact, I think I mostly know him for spouting off his nonsense, his whole thing with Taylor Swift at the VMA's, and of course, his marriage to Lardassian.

Here's the thing that seriously pisses me off the most... No one gives a damn that he is in an interracial relationship!! I mean come on!!! It's getting old!! Dude, you're not the first black person to date/marry so done of another race you're just the only asshole who keeps dwelling on it!! You at one point in time was articulate, intelligent, and brilliant!! Your fame and popularity would have made you an amazing activist-then you became You and started fucking the most shared piece of ass ever!!! She's a whore-grant it your whore but she's also a human being that you're trying to turn into a wife!!

BTW: get some counseling because I'm pretty sure your outburst stem from the built up hurt and anger you have from using your mom!!! I also believe that's the reason you're shacked up with that human mattress!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Here's the thing that seriously pisses me off the most... No one gives a damn that he is in an interracial relationship!! I mean come on!!! It's getting old!! Dude, you're not the first black person to date/marry so done of another race you're just the only asshole who keeps dwelling on it!! You at one point in time was articulate, intelligent, and brilliant!! Your fame and popularity would have made you an amazing activist-then you became You and started fucking the most shared piece of ass ever!!! She's a whore-grant it your whore but she's also a human being that you're trying to turn into a wife!!

BTW: get some counseling because I'm pretty sure your outburst stem from the built up hurt and anger you have from using your mom!!! I also believe that's the reason you're shacked up with that human mattress!!

Quoted for the truth and to keep Diva's typo on record!!! Reading Kanye and using his mom makes me laugh!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information