• 1 Post By Dorahacky
  • 5 Post By Sarzy
  • 1 Post By sluce
  • 2 Post By lucianodel
  • 1 Post By nwgirl
  • 1 Post By Ravenna
  • 4 Post By rollo

Thread: Kristen Stewart: I've 'Absolutely' Worked with Actors I Don't Vibe With

Default Kristen Stewart: I've 'Absolutely' Worked with Actors I Don't Vibe With

On if she’s worked with actors she doesn’t vibe with: “Absolutely. I haven’t been totally screwed, but I’ve had to force things. I’ve had to be in front of people and be like, ‘Oh, thank God we only have a few scenes together.’ As you mentioned I’ve been really lucky and the good experiences have definitely outweighed the not as euphoric experiences. But, yes, I know the difference. When it’s good it’s f*cking like a drug… If I’m working with someone who I’m not vibing with, or who I have to fake anything with, then it’s sad for me and it’s bad acting.”

On people’s perspective of her:
    “I never really thought of anything in terms of designing a career. I never tried to shape people’s perspectives of me, which is something that a lot of people do. There are certain actors and artists who want to be a certain kind of actor or certain kind of artist, and I’m really not like that. I have very much fallen into every situation, every creative and not creative experience, that I have delved into, based on gut. Therefore true regret can never eat at me. In terms of what people consume about you and then subsequently how they shape their opinion of you, none of it is wrong. It’s all a varied assortment of whatever flavors they’ve picked up at the newsstand or in the theater or on the Internet. But that literally is something that is not designed by me and so it’s not something that bothers me. But I don’t want to add to this already pre-existing, enormous mound of salacious bullsh*t that isn’t real. That’s not me defending anything. That’s true.”

On being able to continue acting:
    “I attribute my early start to my ability to do this job. It requires being comfortable within an insane amount of attention. If I hadn’t started out when I was really little I don’t think I would have done this as a teenager or as a young adult. It’s not in my make-up to go stand in the middle of a room. But I really wanted to be an actor and I wanted to make movies. I wanted to emulate my parents.”

Meeting French director Olivier Assayas: “We met in a restaurant in Paris. This was the first time Olivier displayed his way, which is not wordless because everything he puts forth is fully pregnant. But we didn’t talk much.”

Her character in Clouds of Sils Maria:
    “I am Valentine, the personal assistant to Maria Enders, this famous actress in the film [played by Juliette Binoche]. In Sils Maria both of these women represent two very different stages of life. Their perspectives are so different, yet they’re so similar and they can share so much. At the same time everything that brings them together polarizes them. It’s just like this weird f–king emotional thing that they can’t put their finger on. They are not friends. They’re not coworkers. They’re not girlfriends. They’re not mother and daughter or vice versa. They’re just f–king all of it and it’s so weird. That’s why I wanted to play the part. I am her co-conspirator in every way.

On personal assistants:
    “As actors we get into these isolated positions that can get weird because you tend to guard yourself in a way that limits interactions. So it’s normal for actors to hire friends or somebody to be around. The lines can get really blurred, because they are working for you. They are an employee but they’re also your friend and a creative partner. Then you become codependent and obsessive. It’s this weird unbalanced, but really odd relationship that is so unique and so esoteric in terms of how many people actually experience it.”

Gossip, the internet:
    “People say how insignificant that stuff is. It is really easy for a pompous person to say it doesn’t mean anything… You definitely do not want to hear anyone in my position harp on the hardships….To speak lightly about it is okay. For people to say it is not a big deal, it is not real life—that is a sentiment I couldn’t peddle more. I completely agree that all of this media stuff, if you’re involved in it, can’t really touch you physically, and it shouldn’t affect you and all that. Yet it does technically affect your life. Obviously in the best ways imaginable. In dreamlike ways it affects your life. But from anyone’s perspective it is nuts and it should totally be acknowledged.

Why she took “time off” after Rupert Sanders:
    “I was looking around. There are a couple of things that started and stopped that didn’t get off the ground, and I put a lot of time into those things that didn’t go anywhere, which, happens. And after that—this could totally say something about where I was at—it took a special thing… Seriously, I think that after Twilight and after Snow White and the Huntsman, which were such huge movies, that I felt I didn’t want to search for the next ‘big, successful’ thing. One thing that people do with two enormous movies is think that that’s their thing now, to do big movies, and ride that wave. I got off this huge wave and said, “I’m going to go in for a bit.” I’m going to come back out later. That was good. I needed some time off. I needed to get in with my friends. I needed to be back in my life. I needed to like, live in my house and be surrounded by my own s–t and play guitar and write.

[From Vanity Fair]

Kristen Stewart: I’ve ‘Absolutely’ Worked with Actors I Don’t Vibe With | Kristen Stewart, Magazine : Just Jared

Cele|bitchy | Kristen Stewart covers Vanity Fair France, talks media, gossip & taking time off

She is so unpleasant and to me talent-less
    Sarzy and snoopqueen like this.

She always looks like she has a whiff of shit under her nose.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I’m working with someone who I’m not vibing with, or who I have to fake anything with, then it’s sad for me and it’s bad acting.”

You mean she's done some GOOD acting?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Possibly the worst interviewee in Hollywood to read, and that's saying something.

Jesus Christ, it has got to be damn near impossible to be in the same room with her for any length of time.

Pretentious twat. And she does that thing where people use big words to try to sound impressive, but they use the wrong words, and sound like even more of an asshole.

And what the fuck is this even supposed to mean? -

"This was the first time Olivier displayed his way, which is not wordless because everything he puts forth is fully pregnant. But we didn’t talk much.”
    Rusalka likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

She's the acting world version of Avril Lavigne to me. Both I find insufferable.

Gold Member

Still a mouth-breather who can't act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    She's the acting world version of Avril Lavigne to me. Both I find insufferable.
    This is a perfect description of her hahaha

Still, even though she comes across as an insufferable twat I still kind of like her...

Het acting stinks. And this lox actually beat out JLaw for the Twillight part.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Does she actually speak like this or was the interview conducted in a different language and then poorly translated?
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Does she actually speak like this or was the interview conducted in a different language and then poorly translated?
    Interviewers record the interview and then, if the actress doesn't use many words, they correct the answers by putting some extra words and ,.?! At least that's how my friend does, and he interviews plenty of idiots who can't form a sentence.

I mean, how do you think Britney forms full sentences for magazine interviews? It's all corrected by the interviewer.
    rollo and sluce like this.

Reading this is like watching that In Living Color skit with Damon Wayans where he's a prison inmate. WTF?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

If I’m working with someone who I’m not vibing with, or who I have to fake anything with, then it’s sad for me and it’s bad acting.
    Then I have to assume she's never vibed with anyone she's worked with.
    rollo likes this.

^ Except her director of course.

Thread Information