Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Floyd Mayweather's Reading Skills Mocked by 50 Cent and Power 105 DJ

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Floyd Mayweather's Reading Skills Mocked by 50 Cent and Power 105 DJ

[LISTEN] Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s Reading Ability Mocked On Radio Show - Hollywood Life

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Mocked For Troubled Reading — Too Harsh?

Sat, August 23, 2014 2:46pm EDT by Avery Thompson

After 50 Cent dissed Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s reading ability, Power 105’s ‘The Breakfast Club’ mocked the fighter’s literacy on air on Aug. 22. Were they being too harsh? Listen to the spot and see for yourself.

Champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., 37, was brutally teased live on the air during a Power 105 radio show. The Breakfast Club radio host DJ Charlamagne Tha God, 34, played a recording of Floyd trying to read promos for the show last year and he mocked Floyd’s attempt.

While Power 105’s The Breakfast Club was discussing 50 Cent’s, 39, Instagram literacy diss toward Floyd, DJ Charlamagne Tha God decided to play the audio of Floyd struggling to read when he was on the show.

When Floyd appeared on the show last spring, he had to read drops (or promos) to play over the air. DJ Charlamagne read the drop first and it only took him a short amount of time. Then, he released the unedited audio clips live on the air of Floyd trying to read the same drop.

“I’m Floyd Mayweather, and I…” Floyd started out before stopping. Floyd struggled through the rest of the text and viewers had to listen to Floyd’s trouble

This is the full text that Floyd was reading:

“I’m Floyd Mayweather and I’ve joined iHeartRadio for The Show Your Stripes movement to support hiring vets. Go to showyourstripes.org, a website that connects veterans with employees and helps business find candidates with the best training.”

Wow. No matter what Floyd’s reading ability is like, Floyd shouldn’t have been mocked like that over the air. Even DJ Charlamagne’s fellow hosts thought airing the clip was “disrespectful” and “mean.”

After the clip aired, DJ Charlamagne said, “I need to know. Maybe 50 was on to something.” During 50 Cent’s video, he challenged Floyd to read a full page out of a Harry Potter book without stopping.

When one of the other hosts started asking about gifts Floyd had given DJ Charlamagne in the past, the host started to backtrack.

“I got nothing but respect for Floyd Mayweather,” DJ Charlamagne said. “He’s the greatest defensive fighter of all time. But I got a show to do. I gotta sell tickets, too, baby. Okay? Just like he likes to put on a show, I like to put on a show, too. This is for our listeners’ benefit. Alright?”

[LISTEN] Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s Reading Ability Mocked On Radio Show - Hollywood Life

From what I recall about this guy, he's a douche. I still don't like making fun of someone who can't read. To me, that's sad and unfortunate.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Read this! Floyd Mayweather Jr. responds to illiteracy jab by bragging about his cash - NY Daily News

Read this! Floyd Mayweather Jr. responds to illiteracy jab by bragging about his cash

The boxer tweeted an image of two checks for a stunning sum a day after embarrassing audio surfaced of him struggling to read.

BY Stephen Rex Brown
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, August 23, 2014, 12:20 PM

Money talks.

One day after Power 105 DJs revealed boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. struggled with reading, he tweeted an image of two eye-popping checks.

“Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless,” the undefeated fighter wrote early Saturday.

Floyd Mayweather @FloydMayweather
    Follow
    Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless.
    1:38 AM - 23 Aug 2014

The tweet was in response to a humiliating recording played by DJ Charlamagne Tha God in which “Money” Mayweather stumbled through a promo meant to be used in between radio segments.

“I’m Floyd Mayweather” was all the boxer could muster before getting tongue-twisted reading phrases like “movement to support hiring vets.”

Trash talk about the champ’s reading skills had begun earlier in the week, when rapper 50 Cent parodied the viral ALS challenge, saying he’d donate $750,000 to a charity of Mayweather’s choice if the pugilist could read just one page of “Harry Potter.”

Fitty kept the body blows coming on his Instagram account Friday, posting a photoshopped image of Mayweather looking perplexed while reading a book in a classroom as the rapper looks on.

Forbes declared Mayweather the highest paid athlete in the world in 2013. That year the web site put the fighter’s career earning at $350 million.

Read this! Floyd Mayweather Jr. responds to illiteracy jab by bragging about his cash - NY Daily News

Floyd can't read, 50 can't throw - I sense a fascinating TV show in the near future
    Dorahacky, BITTER and Laurent like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

It's embarrassing that someone with all of that money in this day and age cannot read. He shows his ignorance buy showing his money. I don't care for him and think he could've hired tons of people to teach him to read!! People got on Fantasia for being illiterate but she fixed that-him not so much!! He rather beat on people!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

A*O

No amount of money compensates for such a basic shortcoming. It's fixable dammit.
    *DIVA!, Alysheba, Mivvi21 and 4 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

$31,406.00 + $40,870.00

does not =

Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless.
    So reading AND math - not his forte.
    *DIVA!, Beeyotch and Laurent like this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    It's embarrassing that someone with all of that money in this day and age cannot read. He shows his ignorance buy showing his money. I don't care for him and think he could've hired tons of people to teach him to read!! People got on Fantasia for being illiterate but she fixed that-him not so much!! He rather beat on people!!!
    Beat on people and brag about his coin...
    *DIVA! and rollo like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I'm sorry, but illiteracy shouldn't be acceptable. Especially when you have the resources to fix it. And if someone doesn't see that as a priority then I have no problem making fun of that willful ignorance.

Money doesn't make it okay to be ignorant.
    Rusalka, BITTER, SillyME54 and 2 others like this.

In this day and age a person does not even have to know how to read to become rich and successful.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorahacky View Post
    $31,406.00 + $40,870.00

does not =

So reading AND math - not his forte.
    Looks like $31,406,000 and $40,870,000 to me. Also, the amounts are written as "million."
    Dorahacky likes this.

For people to hide it and give him a pass on it is ridiculous!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

There was a pro football player who came out as functionally illiterate many years ago and got lots of publicity for his plight. My heart went out to him for his candor - he went out on a limb - you could tell that he felt great shame about it but felt he had to come forward for himself and for others. He was on one of those "Good Morning LA" shows back in the 90s, and he was attempting to show his progress, and he couldn't read some of the bigger words, and he burst into tears. Him I felt bad for.
    Beeyotch and sputnik like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I have tons of respect for anyone making an effort to improve.
    sputnik likes this.

Elite Member

My mother's brother is a functional illiterate. He has some severe learning issues. My mom is also a horrible dyslexic (and is a teacher).

He read at maybe a 3rd grade level. Meaning he can read the newspaper but not much else. My mom has worked worked with worked with him for about 20 years now to improve his reading without much success.

The being said he's a total math wiz and really skilled with his hands. He'll never be a a millionaire but he makes a decent living and provides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information