Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Janet Jackson Still Blacklisted from Super Bowl Halftime Show

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Janet Jackson Still Blacklisted from Super Bowl Halftime Show

Apparently, the NFL is still upset with Janet Jackson for that whole nipplegate thing back in 2004 -- because league reps tell us she's still on the blacklist when it comes to the Super Bowl Halftime show.

TMZ Sports reached out to the NFL to discuss possible acts at Super Bowl XLIX (49) in Arizona next year -- and while the league wouldn't say who's in the running, they did issue the following statement:

"As for potential acts --- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson."

No word on how Justin Timberlake escaped the ire of the NFL -- considering he played a key role in the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" that day -- but if he's NOT banned, BOOK HIS ASS!!!

#JT4XLIX

Read more: Janet Jackson -- Still Blacklisted from Super Bowl Halftime Show | TMZ.com

How come JT isnít being ruled out?

I donít like the NFL much these days. A two game suspension for Ray Rice Ė thatís it? TWO GAMES? If you donít know what Iím talking about, google Ray Rice (after youíve finished reading my post!) and tell me what you think of a two game suspension for what he did. Did you know that if youíre caught smoking weed in the NFL you face a longer suspension than what you get for beating the sh-t out of your wife? Thatís a great message.

Hereís another great message:

As I mentioned earlier, the Wall Street Journal reported this week that the NFL is asking artists to pay to play at halftime at the Super Bowl. Dumbass. Everybodyís talking about it now and while the league has yet to comment on the story, they did issue a statement about the halftime performance. A league spokesperson told CBS Sports in an email that:

"As for potential acts -- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson.Ē

F-CK.

YOU.

NFL.

F-CK. YOU.

There were TWO people on that stage: Janet Jackson and Pipsqueak Justin Timberlake. You want to know why I call him a Pipsqueak? Because he let her eat ALL THE SH-T for that situation. ALL OF IT. For 10 years now that prick has coasted through everything while she just keeps eating it and eating it and eating it. Or are you telling me he just reached over her breast and yanked open her top because she took over his mind?

Whatís the difference between Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake that the NFL would ONLY rule her out and not him?

Should we make it obvious? He has a dick. And heís white.

What do you think JT would do if the NFL ever asked him to take the stage on his own at halftime, now thatís heís a big f-cking deal? Would he abstain, would he actually pass, in solidarity with the woman he threw under the bus?

NFL only excludes Janet Jackson and not Justin Timberlake from halftime performers options|LaineyGossip Entertainment Update

What a bunch of bullshit for blacklisting her and not Justin. Sexist assholes.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I wouldn't blacklist her for that stupid halftime thing, but rather for her half-note vocal range.
    SHELLEE, mostroop, BITTER and 3 others like this.

I wish they would just get a damn college marching band to play and be done with it.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I can't believe this was such a huge thing. A fucking nipple, and covered at that. If it happened during half time at the footy here it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

but we don't really do the half time show thing. That's when people go buy beer or stand around eating pies and talking about the first half. Nobody cares about entertainers and their nipples.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Um, I get the hate at them for blacklisting her but not him, but 'book his ass'? What did Justin Timberlake do that Janet did not? It is seriously unfair that her career is trashed and his is not, but I don't see a lot of evidence that he purposefully contributed to that. We're ALL part of this sick patriarchy, after all.
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; August 21st, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
    ana-mish-ana likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I can't believe this was such a huge thing. A fucking nipple, and covered at that. If it happened during half time at the footy here it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

but we don't really do the half time show thing. That's when people go buy beer or stand around eating pies and talking about the first half. Nobody cares about entertainers and their nipples.
    I never watch the halftime show either. I'm there for the football. socializing and talking about the game is for halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wouldn't blacklist her for that stupid halftime thing, but rather for her half-note vocal range.
    OMG, please don't tell her stans that shit, they'll stalk you online until you die...

I've yet to see a halftime show I enjoy. All they do for me is tell me most of the "acts" use AutoTune. Because the vocals always suck.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

^^^ Except Whitney Houston in 1991. Which I would love to post here but I'm too tired and cranky and stupid to make that happen on my Kindle. I've already tried for almost an hour.

Which is particularly annoying since that wasn't even a half-time performance, was it?

(face palm)

JFC! It's ten years later. Get the fuck over it already.
    BITTER likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I never watch the halftime show either. I'm there for the football. socializing and talking about the game is for halftime.
    I hear that!! I also use halftime to pee, step outside to grab a smoke, load up on snacks and grab more beer from the fridge. I never go out for the game..I want to be home. So I can yell and cuss without being judged or arrested on the way home.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    OMG, please don't tell her stans that shit, they'll stalk you online until you die...
    Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Oh really?
    On Datalounge, they are insane, as well as on IMDB and some music forums. YouTube also.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

I shall check that out. Thank you.
    BITTER likes this.

I liked last year's halftime show, Bruno Mars killed it IMO, and then when he included the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Awesome.
    BelledeJour likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information