• 1 Post By Calico Kid
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 5 Post By JadeStar70

Thread: Gene Simmons' Depression and Suicide Comments Anger Nikki Sixx

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Gene Simmons' Depression and Suicide Comments Anger Nikki Sixx

No one will ever accuse Kiss' Gene Simmons of not speaking his mind. One day after Simmons and his Kiss Army were ordered to surrender by the Black Lips, resulting in an ill-fated "learn English" jab by Simmons, the bassist made some irresponsible comments about depression that have angered Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx, Loudwire reports.

In an interview with Songfacts.com, Simmons essentially dismissed depression as a mental disorder. "For a putz 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed. I live in Seattle.' Fuck you, then kill yourself. I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to jump.' Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fuck up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd," Simmons said. "By the way, you walk up to the same guy on a ledge who threatens to jump and put a gun to his head, 'I'm going to blow your fuckin' head off.' He'll go, 'Please don't.' It's true. He's not that insane."

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx chastised Simmons on his Sixx Sense radio show. "It's pretty moronic because [Simmons] thinks everybody listens to him, that he is the God of Thunder. He will tell you he is the greatest man on earth, and to be honest with you, I like Gene. But in this situation, I don't like Gene. I don’t like Gene's words," Sixx said. "There is a 20-year-old kid out there who is a Kiss fan and reads this and goes, 'You know what? He's right. I should just kill myself.'"

Sixx added, "For people who are depressed, there is a way out. There are many, many ways out. And I don't want people to listen to an interview from a rock star, who's telling you the only way out is out." Sixx is just the latest person to get mad at something Simmons has spouted. Previously, the Kiss bassist generated some controversy when he said he supported Donald Sterling in the fight over the Los Angeles Clippers, adding that while what Sterling said was "heinous," he shouldn't be castigated for remarks made in private.

Read more: Gene Simmons' Depression and Suicide Comments Anger Nikki Sixx | Rolling Stone
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Good for Nikki! Gene Simmons is gross.

LOL i love the black lips. they're eternally 12 year-old little punk shits but i get a kick out of them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Would Gene Simmons be so callous to cancer patients? If he were one tenth as intelligent as he thinks he is, he'd know not talk about things he knows nothing about. Jackass.
    Kittylady likes this.

two fucking wankers. both of you go back to dying your hair shoe polish black you washed up irrelevant hacks.
    joebob likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I used to like Gene, but he's really drinking his own koolaid. I cannot take anyone seriously with that thing on his head he calls hair.
    Kittylady likes this.

Ignorant and cruel words,...but Gene has always been a narcissistic and opinionated asshole. I did have to laugh at Nikki saying that Gene thinks he is the God of Thunder.

I would like to see what Gene's feelings on this subject would be if it was his wife or children who committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Ignorant and cruel words,...but Gene has always been a narcissistic and opinionated asshole. I did have to laugh at Nikki saying that Gene thinks he is the God of Thunder.

I would like to see what Gene's feelings on this subject would be if it was his wife or children who committed suicide.

He always has. Even Paul Stanley pretty much indirectly said so in his autobiography.

"It's pretty moronic because [Simmons] thinks everybody listens to him, that he is the God of Thunder.
    I call bullshit. Everyone knows that Rick Allen is the Thunder God!

*runs and puts on "Hysteria: In the Round" tour T-shirt and contentedly falls asleep in front of Def Leppard shrine*
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Thread Information