Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sir Cliff Richard Under Sex Offence Investigation

A*O

Default Sir Cliff Richard Under Sex Offence Investigation

This is getting ridiculous. The alleged victim is now a middle aged man who's waited 30 YEARS to file a complaint. Cliff Richard is still in the closet (he's fooling nobody) so all that gay = pedo crap will be eagerly reported by the media. When I rule the world there will be a 10 year statute of limitations on this kind of complaint and the alleged perp will be given the protection of anonymity like the alleged victims are.

London: British police have spent six hours searching the apartment of pop legend Cliff Richard, over an allegation of a sex offence dating back to the 1980s.

The allegation related to a boy under the age of 16.

A team of around eight plain clothes officers in five unmarked police cars arrived at the apartment - the penthouse of a big complex in Berkshire - at 9.30 on Thursday morning, local time.

In a statement, South Yorkshire Police said they had gained entry to the Sunningdale property after obtaining a search warrant.

"No-one has been arrested and the owner of the property was not present," the statement said.

"A search warrant was granted after police received an allegation of a sexual nature dating back to the 1980s involving a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time," a spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said.

ITV reported that the alleged sex offence took place in 1985 at Sheffield United's Bramall Lane stadium in South Yorkshire, during a rally headlined by US evangelist Billy Graham.

It is reported that Sir Cliff, 73, is on holiday in Portugal.

Items have been taken from the home, according to reports.

On Thursday afternoon Sir Cliff issued a statement denying the allegations.

“For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online," Sir Cliff said. "These allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.

"However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press. I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will cooperate fully should the police wish to speak to me. Beyond stating that today’s allegations are completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation is concluded.”

The online rumour mill has for several years repeatedly recycled rumours that Sir Cliff was being investigated for sex offences - however, none of the rumours have been substantiated until now.
    The Age, 13 August 2014
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Agnes Browne is going to be so bummed out
    Kittylady and Karistiona like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. The alleged victim is now a middle aged man who's waited 30 YEARS to file a complaint. Cliff Richard is still in the closet (he's fooling nobody) so all that gay = pedo crap will be eagerly reported by the media. When I rule the world there will be a 10 year statute of limitations on this kind of complaint and the alleged perp will be given the protection of anonymity like the alleged victims
    100% disagree. There can't be a time limit on this kind of psychological scarring.
    kasippu, penname, aggie and 5 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Even though my abuse was close to 20 years ago I still am incredibly fucked up by it..it damaged me in ways I can not even describe and I'm not even close to healing..it's really only been the last few years I have sought help and seeked therapy and have felt comfortable enough to face the past and even confide to people, what truly happened to me...keeping the secrets is just as damaging..any victim should be able to come forward in their own time,when ready and for many like me most of us will never report it.fuck the statue of limitations and respect to anyone who has the courage to call out their molestor.
    Annika, aggie and Alysheba like this.

A*O, you don't believe the claim?

ITV reported that the alleged sex offence took place in 1985 at Sheffield United's Bramall Lane stadium in South Yorkshire, during a rally headlined by US evangelist Billy Graham.
    The fact that it was during a religious rally....

One of my friends waited 35 years to confess that the village priest sexually violated him and others. The priest didn't deny, just said " I have sinned". Seriously. The anger build up with getting older, having your own kids,.... I tend to believe the victims.
    aggie and Alysheba like this.

A*O

I don't believe or not believe. That's for the due legal process to establish now. My point is that waiting decades to come forward isn't going to make proving your allegations any easier, nor for the alleged perpetrator to defend themself.

Thankfully it's still a two way process.
    KrisNine likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Any man over the age of seventy who releases yearly calendars with himself in a string vest is always highly questionable
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Any man over the age of seventy who releases yearly calendars with himself in a string vest is always highly questionable
    No, he doesn't??? Does he?
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Ask and ye shall receive.
    aggie and Bluebonnet like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Well damn I like Cliff. I hope it isn't true.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    100% disagree. There can't be a time limit on this kind of psychological scarring.
    I agree, and Cliff Richard falls into the same 'untouchable/National Treasure' category as Jimmy Savile did. Saying anything bad about Old Turtleface is likely to get you hung from the nearest lamp post by a horde of crazy old women. Of course this doesn't mean that he's guilty, but it does explain why someone would feel incredibly powerless to lay an accusation at the time that the assault is alleged to have happened. A lot of the (proven) historical allegations have only come about because the fame bubble has finally burst and victims now feel that someone might actually listen to them.

Still it means I get to tick another one off my list of "Most Likely to be Investigated". I was only saying to the Bloke last week that I was surprised Cliff hadn't had that knock on the door and lo and behold...
    faithanne, Annika, Belt Up and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Totally not gay. Artistic.

I suspect a lot of skeletons are going to tumble out of Cliff's closet now.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    No, there's no time limit on the psychological scarring, I'm with you on that. But there's a time limit on due process and how to establish guilt and investigate these offences. it's hard enough when you're within the statute of limitations and like most sexual offences, it comes down to one person's word against the other and usually scant physical evidence, but how do you even begin to investigate much less reach a conclusion on a thirdy-odd year old alleged sexual offence? unless cliff richard filmed it or freeze-dried the boy's underwear, it's impossible to prove.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I agree, and Cliff Richard falls into the same 'untouchable/National Treasure' category as Jimmy Savile did. Saying anything bad about Old Turtleface is likely to get you hung from the nearest lamp post by a horde of crazy old women. Of course this doesn't mean that he's guilty, but it does explain why someone would feel incredibly powerless to lay an accusation at the time that the assault is alleged to have happened. A lot of the (proven) historical allegations have only come about because the fame bubble has finally burst and victims now feel that someone might actually listen to them.

Still it means I get to tick another one off my list of "Most Likely to be Investigated". I was only saying to the Bloke last week that I was surprised Cliff hadn't had that knock on the door and lo and behold...

I remember when the initial investigation over Saville hinted that Richards was a name along with others so I am not surprised at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information