Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: James Franco Calls Out Story About Him Living With Actor Scott Haze

mjw
    Elite Member

Default James Franco Calls Out Story About Him Living With Actor Scott Haze

James Franco Calls Out Story About Him Living With Actor Scott Haze as "Homophobic Scoop"

James Franco is not the type to sit back and keep quiet.

The actor took to Instagram today to call out Gawker (again) for an article he referred to as "homophobic scoop," after it highlighted a New York Times article that said Franco lives with a man (friend and co-star Scott Haze, to be exact).

"But theirs is the kind of relationship—somewhat ambiguous, seemingly gay, probably romantic—that almost always sends The New York Times into a bizarre moral panic," the article read.

So, Franco poked fun at the story on his Instagram by posting a screenshot with the caption, "GAWKER - always getting the cutting edge, homophobic scoop!!! Go see CHILD OF GOD in theaters and see me direct my live-in boyfriend, SCOTT HAZE!!! Love you SCOTT!!!!"

The Gawker article was sparked by Franco's interview with the New York Times, in which he promoted his latest film Child of God alongside Haze during a night out with writer Jacob Bernstein.

"Mr. Haze and Mr. Franco met about a decade ago when they were acting students in Los Angeles. They are now so close that describing them merely as friends would be a disservice," the article stated, and ended by noting, "By now, it was 12:30 a.m. and Mr. Franco was clearly fading. An assistant pointed him and Mr. Haze to two waiting town cars. Mr. Franco expressed surprise, since they needed only one. 'We live in the same place,' he said."

Franco's sexuality has been a topic of conversation for quite some time now, and he doesn't mind it one bit.

Last year, the Pineapple Express star told The Daily Beast during an interview that hewishes he was gay. "'Great! Bring on the gay jokes! because these aren't insults at all,'" he began to say referencing his roast that occured at the time, "I don't even care if people think I'm gay, so it was like, 'Awesome!' I mean, I wish I was…I wish I was gay."

James Franco Calls Out Story About Him Living With Actor Scott Haze as Homophobic Scoop | E! Online

Silver Member

Someone tweeted something along the lines that the Times outed James Franco. I didn't get anything from that article that was conclusive about Franco's sexuality. I just took it to mean that they were exceptionally close friends with a relationship that was incredibly supportive (above and beyond a typical friendship). I don't care whether he is gay or not but not everyone who is in a close same sex friendship is gay or even involved with one other. For all we know, these guys could be close buddies and their real boyfriends could be stewing over this assertion.

i also don't think it's a big deal that they live together either. Maybe Franco enjoys the camaraderie of having a roommate. He certainly enjoyed student life enough.

In all honesty, I think Franco is homosocial, not homosexual.
    CL** likes this.

Gawd, who cares. I think Franco is one of those guys who would fuck anything that moved. Come to think of it, inanimate objects probably aren't out of the question either.
    Beeyotch, deenz and Air Quotes like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i call bullshit on this story because if james franco was fucking a guy he'd be instagramming and telling the world all about it, and probably making some student art film about it too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

His whole sexual ambiguity shtick is getting real old.

He's certainly not mysterious or edgy.
    BITTER likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I love him. He DGAF.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've known several guys really well over the years who don't care at all if anyone's gay, and get a little weird with each other in front of people because they think its funny. It's more about being an "artist" and anti-establishment, anti-societal norms and making a joke of it all, than it is about being gay. My own husband and his best friend joke about their "gay" friendship all the time, but both are most definitely straight. Franco strikes me as being one of these guys. If you don't know people like this in your own life, its easy to assume they're actually homosexual.

Last year, the Pineapple Express star told The Daily Beast during an interview that hewishes he was gay. "'Great! Bring on the gay jokes! because these aren't insults at all,'" he began to say referencing his roast that occured at the time, "I don't even care if people think I'm gay, so it was like, 'Awesome!' I mean, I wish I was…I wish I was gay."
    Gee James, I wish I was black...oh wait!!!
    His ambiguous statements are getting tiresome.
    Seth82 likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Gold Member

I think he's gay, and hiding in plain sight. Everyone's says if he was gay, he'd just come out. I don't agree. Even if he's straight, he never talks about his personal life and has never mention his girlfriends.
    BITTER and Gilmourgirl like this.

He strikes me as the kind of creepy underage-girl-dating kinda perv.
    Sylkyn and Rusalka like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Gee James, I wish I was black...oh wait!!!
    His ambiguous statements are getting tiresome.
    Well he's only responding to the insinuations that were made by Gawker. It's not as if these statements were unprompted. There are loads of people who have roommates in NYC. People have made comments that Franco is too rich for a roommate but I don't think his wealth has anything to do with it. I don't know why he makes the choices that he does; namely half ass pursuing 3-4 graduate degrees simultaneously with an Nyu prof bitching how he barely went to acting class - why does he even need to attend NYU when he was at Yale and Columbia as well? I don't know but he obviously does what he wants. The Times reporter chose to highlight his close relationship with Haze. Don't get why men living together for the summer would incite such scrutiny in NYC. Maybe Haze doesn't have as much money and Franco thought he would do him a favor and let him stay with him. Especially if Haze has an residence he is maintaining in LA.

Bronze Member

He is insufferable. He is arrogant about his intelligence (or what he seems to think is his intelligence) and presents himself in a gooplike humble brag way. In the end, he is damn lucky Ledger died, because he would not get the roles he does if Heath Ledger were up for the same parts.
    soogar likes this.
    I'm meant to be charming not sincere

^^^Games With Words.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I may be thick but I'm not getting your Games with Words references.
    nothanks likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information