Default Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy End Engagement

Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy End Engagement : People.com

People Exclusive
    Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy End Engagement

Nicole Murphy and Michael Strahan

D Dipasupil/Getty

By Kathy Ehrich Dowd

08/01/2014 06:00PM

Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have called it quits.

The model and VH1 star ended her five-year engagement to the morning television host and retired NFL player, Murphy's rep confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

"They love each other very much, but with the distance and work schedule it has been hard to maintain the relationship," his rep tells PEOPLE.

The news comes just one day before the former New York Giants star will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The pair, who have nine children between them, first started dating in 2007. Murphy, 46, was previously married to actor Eddie Murphy, while Strahan, 42, acrimoniously divorced first wife Jean Muggli.

Early in their relationship, Murphy told PEOPLE she was hesitant to jump back into the dating pool following her divorce, but Strahan was just what she wanted in a man.

"Michael and I talk about everything, and we both love to travel, explore and laugh," she said in February 2008.

RELATED: What 'Very Scary' Honor Is Making Michael Strahan Nervous?

Strahan popped the question the following year, and seemed equally smitten.

"I have a great relationship and she's a great girl," the current Good Morning America and LIVE! with Kelly and Michael cohost said at the time. "I don't like to talk much about my private life, but I'm really happy."

Reporting by JULIE JORDAN
    Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy End Engagement : People.com

Wow...her eyes are spectacular!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

No surprise, I think they've been split for awhile now, but decided to finally announce it since it would definitely be questioned when she's not at his Hall of Fame induction.
    dougie and Laurent like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i love love LOVE Michael Strahan.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I like him too and dare I say I think he can do better than Eddie Murphy's sloppy seconds.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think she has him pegged .
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I like him too and dare I say I think he can do better than Eddie Murphy's sloppy seconds.
    i have an idea of who he could be with, but then everyone would call me Levitt2 LOL
    sluce likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

mjw
    Elite Member

Nicole Murphy went on a search and destroy mission to find Michael Strahan in a Beverly Hills hotel room -- where she suspected he was cheating -- and flew into such a rage she got kicked off the premises.

It all went down at the famous Beverly Wilshire Hotel back in January. Sources tell us Nicole had gotten word that Michael was staying there ... and she suspected he was with another woman.

We're told Nicole showed up at Michael's hotel room, unannounced ... and began banging on the door shortly before midnight, causing a major scene.

Witnesses tell us Nicole was screaming Michael's name, saying, "I know you're in there with some bitch." She also yelled, for all to hear, "It's Michael from 'Kelly and Michael' in there."

The commotion woke up several guests in neighboring rooms -- some of whom stuck their heads out into the hallway. She ranted for 20 minutes before hotel security booted Nicole from the hotel.

We have no idea if Michael was ever in the room ... but the door never opened.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz39iLbUEUq

I like Michael, but I've noticed the increasing fame seems to be going to his head. He's overly flirtatious with some of his fill in co-hosts, i.e. Chrissy Tiegen.

Elite Member

I thought Nicole Murphy moved to NYC to be with Michael Strahan?

Sounds like they were both cheating from the stories coming out. But, I am sure him being gone doing 3 tv shows, and being on both coasts each week sure didn't help their relationship the last year or two.

I thought that the twins Michael has were from her, but they are from another wife. And he has 2 older kids with his first wife. Never knew he was even married, let alone two times.

Didn't Eddie and Nicole have like 4 or 5 kids?

I like Michael and enjoy him on Kelly & Michael, GMA and the Fox NFL Sunday show. He was funny in Brothers when he did that show, too.

Thread Information