Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By sluce
  • 2 Post By louiswinthorpe111

Thread: Drew Barrymore's half sister Jessica Barrymore found dead in car

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Drew Barrymore's half sister Jessica Barrymore found dead in car

BREAKING NEWS: Drew Barrymore's half-sister 'found dead in her car' in California

• Jessica Barrymore was 'found dead in her car' surrounded by pills
    • The half-sister of Drew Barrymore was to turn 48 tomorrow
    • She was discovered by a woman who she had blocked in her driveway

Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore's half-sister has been 'found dead' from a suspected suicide in California just days before her birthday.

Jessica Barrymore, 47, was found dead in her car in National City, just north of San Diego, on Tuesday.

It has been reported that numerous white pills were scattered on the passenger seat of her car.

+3

Jessica Barrymore, 47, was found dead in her car yesterday from a suspected suicide

Marta Lopez made the discovery when she tried to leave for work but was blocked in her driveway by Ms Barrymore's car, 10News reported.

She unsuccessfully tried to wake Ms Barrymore, who was to turn 48 tomorrow, before calling the police.

Ms Barrymore's cause of death is yet to be determined, but an autopsy is scheduled.

Ms Barrymore is the daughter of actor John Drew Barrymore – who is also the father of the Charlie's Angels actress – and his third wife Nina Wayne.
    The Barrymore family is yet to comment on the death.
    According to her Facebook page, Ms Barrymore attended the San Diego School of Creative Arts and lives in San Marcos.

In a cryptic last message on her profile page on July 28, Ms Barrymore shared a post from Mystera Magazine that said: 'Life doesn't always introduce you to the people you want to meet.
    'Sometimes,life puts you in touch with the people you need to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become.'
    Before becoming one of Hollywood's leading stars, Drew Barrymore had a well-documented battle with drugs and alcohol in her teenage years and has often spoken about her strained family life.

In her autobiography Little Girl Lost, published when she was 14, Drew wrote, ‘I had my first drink at age nine, began smoking marijuana at ten and at 12 took up cocaine.’

By 13 she was in rehab and following a suicide attempt and a further stint in rehab, at 15 she successfully petitioned for emancipation from her parents.

Her father John was an alcoholic and abandoned Drew and her mother when she was a baby and was in and out of jail on drugs charges before he died of cancer.
    And her mother Jaid, who struggled as an actress, took her to nightclubs when she was just eight, and to auditions before she was a year old. Drew has described the relationship as 'my greatest battle'.

And the Barrymore's relationship with substance abuse doesn't end there. Drew's grandfather, the legendary actor John Barrymore, died from alcohol-related cirrhosis of the liver aged 60.

Read more: Drew Barrymore's half-sister Jessica found dead in California | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

sad. i didn't even know drew had siblings, or half siblings. just a crazy mom.

if pills are strewn about i'm pretty sure i can guess what the COD was.

The Today Show just covered this. What makes me sad, aside from a woman dying, is that there is really no evidence that Drew has a relationship with this woman other than sharing a sperm donor. Yet the press are making this a story by using Drew's name.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This is terribly sad. Her Facebook is largely set to public, and she seems like a genuinely sweet woman, albeit always with a touch of sadness. Just two days before she died she wrote that she was in the desert visiting her cousin, and a friend on her brother John's page posted that she spent time with her mother yesterday. I wonder if she planned this and made final visits to her loved ones? She had two beautiful cats...I hope someone will take care of them.

Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I had no idea Drew had siblings either. I'm surprised some rag has paraded them out before. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That whole family has sure struggled with substance abuse issues. RIP.

Elite Member

I read years ago that Drew had a half-sibling who worked as a check-out assistant. Apparently Drew didn't speak to her. I wonder if this was the same sister?

How sad. Had no idea about the half sister. RIP

I loved how the majority of the article was all about Drew. Nice.
    I'mNotBitter and Callalily like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

‘I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible’: Drew Barrymore pays tribute to her half-sister after she is found dead in her car with ‘pills scattered all over the passenger seat’ on eve of her birthday

• Jessica Barrymore was 'found dead in her car' surrounded by pills
    • The half-sister of Drew Barrymore was to turn 48 tomorrow
    • She was discovered by a woman who she had blocked in her driveway
    • Friend wrote that Jessica had visited mother yesterday

By STEVE HOPKINS and DAN BATES
    PUBLISHED: 11:54, 30 July 2014 | UPDATED: 22:52, 30 July 2014

Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore has reached out to her extended family following the death of her half-sister in a suspected suicide saying she was 'incredibly sorry' for their loss.
    Jessica Barrymore, 47, was 'found dead' on the eve of her birthday in her car in National City, just north of San Diego, on Tuesday about 6am. She had apparently visited her mother earlier in the day.

Drew, 39, released a statement today saying: 'Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible and I’m so incredibly sorry for their loss.'

+8

Jessica Barrymore, her famous sister Drew and their brother John Barrymore in a picture which was taken in 2004

+8

+8

Ms Barrymore, seen in here in pictures from her Facebook page, was discovered in her car about 6am but neighbours said her car had been parked there for about six hours prior

+8

Martha Lopez and son Oscar Sandoval standing in front of their driveway in National City, California, where they found Jessica Barrymore dead in a parked car

Drew Barrymore, half sister of Jessica, at Blended premiere

It has been reported that numerous white pills were scattered on the passenger seat of her car.
    Marta Lopez made the discovery when she tried to leave for work but was blocked in her driveway by Ms Barrymore's car, 10News reported.
    She unsuccessfully tried to wake Ms Barrymore, who was to turn 48 tomorrow, and asked if she needed help, before noticing the pill bottles and calling the police.
    Those living near where her body was discovered said her car had been parked there since about midnight.

Ms Barrymore's cause of death is yet to be determined, but an autopsy is scheduled.
    Ms Barrymore is the daughter of actor John Drew Barrymore – who is also the father of the Charlie's Angels actress – and his third wife Nina Wayne.

Although Jessica's immediate family are yet to comment on the death, condolences have been offered to the family via her brother John Barrymore's Facebook page.

Arlene August wrote that Jessica had visited her mother on Monday, the day before she died.

'Sad day for my dear friend Nina Wayne. Her daughter Jessica Barrymore is no longer with us. Nina was visited by Jessica yesterday.

'Today I learned of her passing, and relayed the news to John Barrymore via the phone. Prayers for peace and clean grieving go out to family and friends from myself, my church members of Congressional UCC Klamath Falls, Oregon, as well as Debra Lee Harpham.'
    Hugh Tiny Hogg wrote: 'My condolences on your loss John, a tragedy.'
    Another wrote: 'So sad to lose family, RIP, Jessica.'

According to Ms Barrymore's Facebook page she attended the San Diego School of Creative Arts and lives in San Marcos.

+8

A woman who found Ms Barrymore at first asked if she needed help, but after noticing pills scattered across her car she called the police

+8

Ms Barrymore was the half-sister of Drew Barrymore, seen here with Will Kopelman at the Blended premiere

Ms Barrymore's final post on her Facebook page was a quote she shared from Mystera Magazine

A photograph of Jessica Barrymore as a child, which she posted on her Facebook page

In a cryptic last message on her profile page on July 28, Ms Barrymore shared a post from Mystera Magazine that said: 'Life doesn't always introduce you to the people you want to meet.
    'Sometimes,life puts you in touch with the people you need to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become.'
    Jessica’s posts on Facebook also give an insight into her life as a spiritual person. Five days ago she posted a prayer from a book with the title: ‘I forgive and I am forgiven.’.

It read: 'The moment I forgive I am receptive to divine forgiveness. This is the promise of the wisest sages and a spiritual truth I live every day'.

There are quotes from Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa and Aristotle which show she took a philosophical approach to life.
    One of Hollywood's most famous child stars, Drew Barrymore had a well-documented battle with drugs and alcohol in her teenage years and has often spoken about her strained family life.

In her autobiography Little Girl Lost, published when she was 14, Drew wrote, ‘I had my first drink at age nine, began smoking marijuana at ten and at 12 took up cocaine.’
    By 13 she was in rehab and following a suicide attempt and a further stint in rehab, at 15 she successfully petitioned for emancipation from her parents.

Her father John was an alcoholic and abandoned Drew and her mother when she was a baby and was in and out of jail on drugs charges before he died of cancer.
    And her mother Jaid, who struggled as an actress, took her to nightclubs when she was just eight, and to auditions before she was a year old. Drew has described the relationship as 'my greatest battle'.

And the Barrymore's relationship with substance abuse doesn't end there. Drew's grandfather, the legendary actor John Barrymore, died from alcohol-related cirrhosis of the liver aged 60.

Read more: Drew Barrymore's half-sister Jessica found dead in California | Mail Online

maybe she was dying and wanted to go out in style.

I think she's just the latest casualty in a long line of casualties in the Barrymore line.

Maurice Barrymore (1849 - 1905) Died in his sleep while incarcerated in an institution for mental illness caused by syphilis. Attempted to strangle daughter Ethel Barrymore during his incarceration.
    John Barrymore (1882 - 1942) cirrhosis of the liver/pneumonia after lifelong drug/alcohol abuse.
    Lionel Barrymore (1878 - 1954) Said to be a morphine and cocaine addict. Supposedly had arthritis but some speculate was actually debilitated by syphilis. Died of a heart attack (although he did make it to 76)
    John Drew Barrymore (1932 - 2004) Several arrests for public drunkenness, spousal abuse and drugs. Mental health deteriorated as a result of lifelong drug/alcohol abuse. Died of cancer.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I think she's just the latest casualty in a long line of casualties in the Barrymore line.

Maurice Barrymore (1849 - 1905) Died in his sleep while incarcerated in an institution for mental illness caused by syphilis. Attempted to strangle daughter Ethel Barrymore during his incarceration.
    John Barrymore (1882 - 1942) cirrhosis of the liver/pneumonia after lifelong drug/alcohol abuse.
    Lionel Barrymore (1878 - 1954) Said to be a morphine and cocaine addict. Supposedly had arthritis but some speculate was actually debilitated by syphilis. Died of a heart attack (although he did make it to 76)
    John Drew Barrymore (1932 - 2004) Several arrests for public drunkenness, spousal abuse and drugs. Mental health deteriorated as a result of lifelong drug/alcohol abuse. Died of cancer.

I feel sadness for this obviously troubled woman (hope she is at peace now), and the fact that she and Drew, although they were half-sisters, barely knew each other. What a fucked-up family.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

mjw
    Elite Member

UPDATE: Drew Barrymore's half-sister died of an accidental overdose, the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office announced Monday (per local affiliate NBC 7). Jessica Barrymore, 47, had alcohol, methamphetamine, methadone, tramadoland noriazepam in her system when she died, according to the medical examiner. Her death is considered an accident.

http://www.eonline.com/news/564536/drew-barrymore-s-half-sister-jessica-found-dead-in-car

Thread Information