• 1 Post By stef
  • 8 Post By levitt
  • 3 Post By funky_chicken
  • 2 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By ana-mish-ana
  • 5 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 1 Post By arie_skop
  • 2 Post By MsDark

Thread: Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Default Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

She stars in some of today’s most beloved films, such as Star Trek and Avatar.
    But Zoe Saldana almost quit Hollywood at the age of 23, after a small role in 2003 film Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl.
    After posing in a stunning gold dress for a photo shoot, the 36-year-old actress told The Hollywood Reporter that she felt very disrespected on set.

'Those weren't the right people for me,' she said. 'I'm not talking about the cast. The cast was great. I'm talking about the political stuff that went on behind closed doors.
    ‘It was a lot of above-the-line versus below-the-line, extras versus actors, producers versus PAs. It was very elitist. I almost quit the business. I was 23 years old, and I was like, "F*** this!"
    ‘I am never putting myself in this situation again. People disrespecting me because they look at my number on a call sheet and they think I'm not important. “F*** you.”’

And it’s a good thing she stuck with it, as Zoe is landing high profile roles portraying strong women.
    She can next be seen in Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy – out August 1 – as the green-skinned alien assassin Gamora who ‘was taken from her planet when she was a child and forced into a life of violence and crime,’ Zoe said.
    ‘She reminds me of the lost kids of Sudan, the boys who are taken from their family and have to come back to their villages and shoot everybody. Even though it's a Marvel movie, I take it all very seriously.’

Zoe shared a humorous moment while filming a fight scene with co-star Chris Pratt.
    ‘I almost kicked him in the nuts,’ she said, laughing. ‘He was like (in a high-pitched voice), "It's fine, it's fine."
    ‘I love that about men. They're determined to maintain their dignity. Even when they're crushed.’
    Zoe has a busy few years ahead of her, reprising her role as Neytiri in Avatar 2, 3, and 4 and as Uhura in the third Star Trek instalment.

And she isn’t letting any potential obstacles stand in her way – such as the issue of race.
    ‘I don't want to spend my life thinking about all the impossibilities I face when I wake up in the morning,’ Zoe said.
    ‘But the reality is, I'm a woman of colour in America. That itself is enough for you to wake up and go, "Oh, f***!"’
    She commented on why race doesn’t seem to matter as much in sci-fi films.
    ‘You know why? Because the people we discriminate against in sci-fi movies are the aliens. We make them the villains. We have to make somebody bad.’
    ‘My balls are pretty big,’ she said. ‘There's a confidence that my sisters and I were raised with. After my dad died [in a car accident, when she was 9], my mom moved us from Queens back to the Dominican Republic.'
    ‘A very macho sort of place. But my mom raised us to know that we are equal to anyone.’

Zoe, who is said to be pregnant, addressed the rumour that she only knew her husband, artist and former pro soccer player Marco Perego, for a month before marrying him last summer.

‘No! I've known my partner for five years,’ she asserted. ‘I knew of his work. I knew of him. Then we met. And months later, we both made the decision to do what we both individually vowed never to do - to get married.
    ‘And as soon as we decided we were going to get married, we didn't wait. We did it three weeks later. That part was very, very quick.’
    Zoe explained her previous aversion to marriage.
    ‘Why get married? Because I believe in love? Because I don't want my kids to be called bastards? No. Those reasons are not natural to me. Maybe for tax reasons I would have done it.’

Read more: Zoe Saldana almost quit Hollywood over treatment on Pirates of the Caribbean set | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Zoe, who is said to be pregnant, addressed the rumour that she only knew her husband, artist and former pro soccer player Marco Perego, for a month before marrying him last summer.

‘No! I've known my partner for five years,’ she asserted. ‘I knew of his work. I knew of him. Then we met. And months later, we both made the decision to do what we both individually vowed never to do - to get married.
    ‘And as soon as we decided we were going to get married, we didn't wait. We did it three weeks later. That part was very, very quick.’
    Zoe explained her previous aversion to marriage.

Read more: Zoe Saldana almost quit Hollywood over treatment on Pirates of the Caribbean set | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    So essentially, she only knew him for a month??

This post has not been proofread

This bitch is always whining or claiming what a "classy lady" she is or some other pretentious drivel -shut up already . The treatment she claims she received seems pretty standard for a nobody who plays a bit part

she makes it really hard not to roll your eyes at her. she's always butthurt about something. what she described about the POTC set and the industry - honey, that's how the world goes. you're not the only one being "disrespected" in working life.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I've "known of" Peyton Manning for a while, does this mean when I go see him play in October we're pretty much together? And I'll be preggers in a month? Woo!
    msdeb, faithanne, MsDark and 5 others like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^ you might be already pregnant. better get checked before you meet him.
    snoopqueen, KrisNine and levitt like this.
    -

^ Yes, as long as you know OF him and you know OF his work, you know him!
    arie_skop and levitt like this.

Considering she struck it lucky with several major franchises and about to star in another one when she is not that talented or charismatic. She should count her blessings that she has a good career which Blake Lively and other bland but meh actresses would love to have.
    Kittylady and snoopqueen like this.

I don't think the acting world would have missed this one.

First Freddie Prinze, now Zoe Saldana? These C listers need to stop giving us hope that they will quit the biz.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Yes, as long as you know OF him and you know OF his work, you know him!

lol! So we know of most celebrities that we read about and watch their movies, so it's ok we can marry them after a month of actually meeting them

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    First Freddie Prinze, now Zoe Saldana? These C listers need to stop giving us hope that they will quit the biz.

yes why are these C grade celebrities whining. They are lucky to have job and earn a living in that industry
    Angeli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    And soon after those it will be Star Trek 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with potential crossover with Avenger 4 lol. And her recent serious and non franchise movie the Nina Simone biopic doesn't have good prebuzz. But she's still getting healthy paychecks compared to other actresses.

This shit right here makes her sound like a nut bag.
    Bellatheball and arie_skop like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information