Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Kevin Smith Blames Jennifer Garner for Ending Friendship With Ben Affleck

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Kevin Smith Blames Jennifer Garner for Ending Friendship With Ben Affleck

After a quintet of films together, you'd figure comic nerd Kevin Smith would be getting Bat-scoop straight from the Caped Crusader's mouth.You'd figure wrong. Turns out, despite having collaborated on such films as Mallrats (1995), Chasing Amy (1997), Dogma (1999), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), and Jersey Girl (2004), the newest Batman, Ben Affleck, and his old directing buddy aren't exactly a dynamic duo anymore.

Asked by Yahoo Movies on Friday about a potential Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice surprise at this year's Comic-Con — or if he knew whether or not Affleck was even in town — Smith replied: "Great question. I don’t know, because we're not f---ing tight. I have not been [close with him] in decades."

"I have not been [close with him] in decades," continued Smith, 43. "That's old Ben. He's got a wife [Jennifer Garner] that don't [sic] care for me at all [Laughs]. And plus, honestly, he probably don't care for me at all anymore [either]. He's a triple-A-list movie star and s--t like that. If he's Jimmy Carter, I'm Billy Carter, to put it in '70s terms. And I'm not even related and s--t."

This isn't the first time Smith has blamed the demise of his friendship with Affleck, 41, on Garner. Earlier this month, during his a stop on his Silent Bob Speaks tour at Carnegie Hall, Smith detailed his differences with Garner.

"Jennifer does not share the same sense of humor as me — she did not like my jokes," Smith said, according to the New York Daily News. "I was picking on Ben Affleck making fun of him because I've known him for a really long time — I was talking smack — and Jennifer goes, 'You know, if you keep saying stuff about him, I'm going to kick your a--.' And she could — I've seen Alias. She has a real girly sense of humor and didn't understand that I was kidding.

"I remember talking to Ben and being like, 'I know your lady is not finding me amusing. Ben, I've known you for years, and you are far sicker than I am!' His jokes are way dirtier than mine. He's made jokes to me, and I've been like, 'Ben, you need to go to church.'"

The Garner-Affleck tandem hasn't exactly endeared itself to former pals on either side. In a June appearance on Watch What Happens Live to promote his new film, Begin Again, Mark Ruffalo explained that he's no longer friends with Garner — his co-star in the 2004 film 13 Going on 30.

"We had a great time together, and I think we would (have stayed friends), but then Ben [Affleck] came on the scene and that was the end of that," said The Avengers star.

"I heard he doesn't allow her to have male friends," host Andy Cohen joked, before adding that he made that last part up. Ruffalo then called the end of his friendship with Garner "sad."

Affleck stars next in David Fincher's Gone Girl, out Oct. 3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in which Affleck dons the cowl and cape alongside Henry Cavill's Man of Steel, is set for release on April 29, 2016.

Garner will star next in two films due out this fall, Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children, and the adaptation of the popular children's book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...182947668.html

I think Kevin Smith is hilarious and Garner has a giant stick up her ass. How could she not know when 2 men are giving each other shit?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

and supposedly ben affleck ended jen's and mark ruffalo's friendship, so they're even.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

seems tacky that kevin is talking smack about personal relationships in a public way.
    GRuser1 and sluce like this.

It's been so slow here that I was reading old threads that bambi started about jenn Garner. Good times.
    sluce likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Oh, fer fucks sake. Ben's a grown ass man. I'm sure he's capable of choosing his own friends all by him self. I hate this sort of blaming the wife, when men change because they get married and have kids. Men change their priorities, when they become husbands and fathers, because they want to, not because the old ball-n-chain is a meanie, who won't let them have fun anymore. (Yeah, yeah, some women are domineering, but so are some men, so that probably evens out in the big scheme of things.)

Maybe Ben just didn't have as much time to hang with his buddies, because his priorities went from: 1. gambling, 2. buddies, 3. strippers to: 1. gambling, 2. wife and kids, 3. buddies. Maybe Ben and Kevin were more work-buddies than friend-buddies, and after Jersey Girl, Ben didn't se much potential in this work-relationship.

Kevin is still a frat boy so the potential was not great once Ben grew up.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Kevin is still a frat boy so the potential was not great once Ben grew up.
    I lost guy friends this way. It's not even that they were inappropriate, but all of a sudden you both have dramatically different lifestyles that don't really mesh well any more.
    Kittylady and JazzyGirl like this.

I think this is tacky and indicative of Smith's lack of maturity. Get over it dude, people grow apart, lives change, and sometimes the people you used to hang out with and the things you used to do no longer interest you. From the way Smith told the story it sounds like he was the only one making jokes and Ben wasn't responding in kind. Yeah, Jennifer probably had a stick up her ass about the whole thing, but I'm sure Smith played a part in making the situation uncomfortable. I personally find it rude to discuss why you fell apart from certain people, not to mention blaming your friend's wife and her "girly sense of humour".

I like Kevin Smith, don't get me wrong, but I think he has a giant chip on his shoulder, and he's a bit of a bitter jellus fattie too. I think he likes being the guy in control, and if that relationship changes and someone surpasses him, he gets a major attitude. Like he thinks Affleck owes him big time and hasn't shown the proper asskissing or something.
    msdeb, Rusalka, sluce and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I like Kevin Smith, don't get me wrong, but I think he has a giant chip on his shoulder, and he's a bit of a bitter jellus fattie too. I think he likes being the guy in control, and if that relationship changes and someone surpasses him, he gets a major attitude. Like he thinks Affleck owes him big time and hasn't shown the proper asskissing or something.

i agree. he is always the wronged one (or so he thinks)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He is such a juvenile fuckface I can't stand him or his shitty movies.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Hell Kevin Smith owes Ben the ass kiss after Ben agreed to do Jersey Girl.
    Trixie likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Oh, fer fucks sake. Ben's a grown ass man. I'm sure he's capable of choosing his own friends all by him self. I hate this sort of blaming the wife, when men change because they get married and have kids. Men change their priorities, when they become husbands and fathers, because they want to, not because the old ball-n-chain is a meanie, who won't let them have fun anymore. (Yeah, yeah, some women are domineering, but so are some men, so that probably evens out in the big scheme of things.)

Maybe Ben just didn't have as much time to hang with his buddies, because his priorities went from: 1. gambling, 2. buddies, 3. strippers to: 1. gambling, 2. wife and kids, 3. buddies. Maybe Ben and Kevin were more work-buddies than friend-buddies, and after Jersey Girl, Ben didn't se much potential in this work-relationship.
    i don't know. i've known couples where the wife definitely makes the husband abandon some of his old friends. the opposite is also true. my sister sees a lot less of her girlfriends now. it's not so much that her husband doesn't 'allow' her, it's basically that he's an ass who doesn't have any friends of his own (no one can really stand him) and my sister's girlfriends can't really stand him so as a result, my sister's social life is definitely affected.
    jennifer garner does sound like a humourless soccer mom and honestly, the minute someone's sense of humour is described as 'girlie', i know for a fact that is not someone i can ever like.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He is a sexist asshole. "Girly sense of humour"? WTF is that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information