Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Bindi Irwin on losing her dad Steve Irwin: 'That kind of sadness never goes away'

Default Bindi Irwin on losing her dad Steve Irwin: 'That kind of sadness never goes away'

After her father, Crocodile Hunter star Steve Irwin, died following a freak attack by a stingray in 2006, Bindi Irwin says well-meaning strangers kept offering the same reassurance.
    “I remember after we lost Dad, so many adults came up to me and said, ‘Honey, time heals all wounds,’ ” Bindi, who turns 16 on July 24, tells PEOPLE in this week’scover story. “That is the biggest lie you will ever hear. It doesn’t.”

She continues, “That kind of sadness never goes away. It’s like losing a piece of your heart that you never get back.”
    Speaking in-depth for the first time about her grief, Bindi also shares how she and her mom, Terri, and 10-year-old brother, Robert, have found ways to move forward.
    “When you lose a loved one, you come to these crossroads,” says the young conservationist, who lives with her family in their home within the gates of
    Australia Zoo in Queensland. “You can take the path that leads you down the aisle of sadness, or you can say, ‘I’m never going to let this person’s memory die. I’m going to make sure everything they worked for continues.’ ”

For Bindi, that has meant carrying on her father’s animal-focused legacy, from planning the family’s annual crocodile research trip to working with SeaWorld as a youth ambassador.

“Every day is a new journey for me,” she says, “and I feel like in my lifetime, I’ve been blessed to experience such a lot.”
    [From People]

Cele|bitchy | Bindi Irwin on losing her dad Steve Irwin: ‘That kind of sadness never goes away’
    Brookie, Rusalka and SoCalMarie like this.

She really has blossomed into a pretty young woman. I agree with her and admire her perseverance. Steve would be proud.

I read the article tonight. She has turned out to be a great person. AND grew into her looks. Whew!
    heart_leigh likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Never thought she'd really grow into it like THAT. Very pretty. And sounds like a really interesting and strong girl.
    SoCalMarie likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

She seems very eloquent and intelligent. I like that's she trying to do something meaningful. I have a soft spot for her.
    SoCalMarie and Laurent like this.

I miss Steve Irwin not being on tv anymore. My son and I spent hours watching him. He was my son's hero.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    She really has blossomed into a pretty young woman. I agree with her and admire her perseverance. Steve would be proud.

And to think that we all thought her a simple fugmuppet when really she was a Fugapillar waiting to transform. She really has surprised me.
    Jazzy, heart_leigh, levitt and 8 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

well, i'll be the lone cunt and say "no shit". this is no grand fucking revelation. guess what honey... other people have lost parents too! you didn't invent loss, or suffering or grief. now, go wrassle a stingray.
    NickiDrea and A*O like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

not to mention daddy,s legacy is a money making enterprise..

She has always been the spitting image of her Dad, and still is in looks and her love of nature. Steve would be very proud of his family.

We loved this show, too. I knew something would happen to him one day,...but I figured it would be from a snake or croc.
    SoCalMarie and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    She has always been the spitting image of her Dad, and still is in looks and her love of nature. Steve would be very proud of his family.

We loved this show, too. I knew something would happen to him one day,...but I figured it would be from a snake or croc.
    Me too. The fact that it happened it way it did - the sting ray piercing him in the heart -it's still mind blowing to me... (the chances of that happening).

Nevertheless, tt's heart warming to see his children growing up to be beautiful (inside and out) adults.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

She sound very mature for 16, good for her! And she is absolutely right, all those platitudes are BS and people should just shut up instead of spewing that crap.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Where's Grimm to say she actually doesn't like animals and her mother is forcing this lifestyle on her to make money??? Never will forget my first and only lame-ass internet pissing match on GR! 8 years later and I'm still right...

Always loved Steve and his fam! Go Bindi!
    soogar likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, i'll be the lone cunt and say "no shit". this is no grand fucking revelation. guess what honey... other people have lost parents too! you didn't invent loss, or suffering or grief. now, go wrassle a stingray.
    Where did she say that? Her comments were thoughtful and mature for a girl her age.
    Sarzy, sluce, rollo and 2 others like this.

She seems very mature, and she's turned out pretty too. I still find it weird to think that Steve is dead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information