Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: David Beckham Leaves His Kids In The Car For One Hour During Spin Class!

mjw
    Elite Member

Default David Beckham Leaves His Kids In The Car For One Hour During Spin Class!

On Thursday morning David Beckham went to spin class in Brentwood, but rather than having his nanny look after the kids, he left them waiting outside in his Range Rover -- for over an hour!

Cruz and company locked the doors to the soccer star's black SUV, and before hopping in the driver's seat, Becks told us it was fine because the air conditioning was on full blast, but this doesn't seem like the safest move. After all, it was a whopping 87 degrees in Los Angeles today! A photog on the scene tells X17online, "No one could believe what Beckham was doing. Some guys even stopped taking pictures and were just standing there, shocked."

9-year-old Cruz was sitting in the front passenger seat, and we should note that we didn't spot 15-year-old Brooklyn at the class (he usually tags along with his pops), so it's possible he was hiding in the back, but it does not appear as though there was any adult supervision, aside from the paparazzi outside.

Our photographer on the scene tells X17online exclusively:

• "David was the only man in the class, so of course all the ladies showed up during his time slot. No one seemed to mention the fact that his kids were sitting in the car out front, and one of them even defended David when we asked about it!"

We have a feeling Posh would be furious if she knew the couple's children were chilling in the car by themselves while their dad worked up a sweat --- and flirted with the ladies inside the class:

Read more at X17 EXCLUSIVE - David Beckham Leaves His Kids In The Car For One Hour During Spin Class! - X17 Online - X17 Online

LOS ANGELES – David Beckham came under public scrutiny on Thursday after paparazzi photographs implied that he may have left his children in his black SUV for over an hour while attending a spin class in Brentwood, California.

According to X17 Online, the soccer star's 9-year-old son Cruz sat in the driver's seat of the vehicle while his dad sweated it out at the gym.

A paparazzo told the site, "No one could believe what Beckham was doing. Some guys even stopped taking pictures and were just standing there, shocked."

"It is complete lunacy to insinuate David would leave his kids in the car like that. There was a nanny and air conditioning," a spokesperson for the soccer star told FOX411. "You have to be very wary of paparazzi making these assertions to create a story when there isn't one."

But given that temperatures in Los Angeles were in the high 80s on Thursday, legal experts say the matter and alleged photographic evidence could still be investigated further.

"David could shortly find himself in court facing child endangerment charges. Even though he left the car's air conditioning on, the kids could have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning or, if one of them managed to get the car in gear, they could have been seriously injured," trial attorney David Wohl explained.

Dr. Alan Christiansen also cautioned that leaving children in cars is never a safe practice.

"Thirty-eight kids die from heat stroke every year from being unattended in cars," he said. "The air conditioning often does not work well enough to keep the car cool when the car is idling."

The temperature inside a car can heat up between 20 to 30 degrees in an hour, and the temperature inside a car can rapidly increase despite air conditioning, which becomes less effective as the outside temperature rises, he said.

"Children's' bodies heat up almost five times faster than adults making them vulnerable to hyperthermia and organ damage," added L.A-based medical professional, Dr. Shilpi Agarwal. "Unfortunately, even conscientious and careful parents often overlook this and it can have catastrophic health outcomes for children."

David Beckham's rep: There was ‘a nanny and air conditioning’ when kids were left in car | Fox News

Where's the pics?
    Brando and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Um, give me a freaking break. It was at the least a 9 year old and his nanny. Either one of them is old enough to say< "It's hot up in this piece" and gtf out of the car. Not at all the same as a helpless infant/toddler strapped in a car seat. Purely my opinion of course.
    CL**, twitchy2.0, deenz and 1 others like this.

A lot of times in those cars when the doors lock you can't unlock them from inside unless you have a key. I know, my parents have a range rover and my dad ran inside a store with my mom waiting inside took the key and locked the door, she couldn't get out and freaked out. If the car stalled and they couldn't get out, and good old Becks didn't hear the phone while spinning those kids could have been screwed. Very irresponsible if you ask me.
    redcat likes this.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

he's not really known for being smart.......
    redcat, Butterfly, dowcat and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Where's the pics?
    I'm with you, pics or it didn't happen.

The most shocking part is the spin class. I hope he didn't pinch one of his ovaries getting on the cycle.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    A lot of times in those cars when the doors lock you can't unlock them from inside unless you have a key. I know, my parents have a range rover and my dad ran inside a store with my mom waiting inside took the key and locked the door, she couldn't get out and freaked out. If the car stalled and they couldn't get out, and good old Becks didn't hear the phone while spinning those kids could have been screwed. Very irresponsible if you ask me.
    The newer Land Rovers (model years 2012 and up) are equipped with "In Control" which is an equivalent to On Star. You can even use a smart phone to control many of the features on them as with the Land Rover apps, including locking and unlocking doors. There's also a switch in the center console that will unlock the driver's side door from within.

Not sure what year your parents' vehicle is but it's worth looking into activating InControl- it's available for installation on older models as well.

the most annoying part to me is sitting there with the AC running for that damned long.
    Lenny, twitchy2.0, mopar and 1 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    I'm with you, pics or it didn't happen.

Beckham's spokesperson admitted that it was true.

"It is complete lunacy to insinuate David would leave his kids in the car like that. There was a nanny and air conditioning," a spokesperson for the soccer star told FOX411.
    There is a video of him coming out of the spin class at the X17 link.

ETA-

so he had the car running for an hour? i thought california had anti idling laws

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The newer Land Rovers (model years 2012 and up) are equipped with "In Control" which is an equivalent to On Star. You can even use a smart phone to control many of the features on them as with the Land Rover apps, including locking and unlocking doors. There's also a switch in the center console that will unlock the driver's side door from within.

Not sure what year your parents' vehicle is but it's worth looking into activating InControl- it's available for installation on older models as well.
    This was a couple of years ago. Inside a Land Rover there are buttons everywhere and sometimes it is hard to figure out what is what, especially for little kids, and for people that are technology challenged like my mom. I can just see my parent's trying to program their smart phones to their cars.

And believe me, my dad will never do that again.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    When the Bloke leaves me in the car he has to leave the key fob with me or else the alarm goes off as it detects that there is someone present in the vehicle while the engine is off and the fob is absent, and his car is nothing as fancy as a fully kitted out Range Rover.
    Butterfly likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

His rep also said there was a nanny in the car. I still can't believe there aren't 1000 pics since everyone was so up in arms.
    BelledeJour and Jazzy like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Kitty, I like that your car has that safety feature, hopefully one day they all will have them. In my Toyota I can child lock the doors and you have to reach over to the driver side to unlock them, if you're old or crippled in some way it can be very hard to get at the lock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information