Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Belt Up
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Kesha: Male singers who party are ‘rock & roll,’ women are ‘train wrecks’

Default Kesha: Male singers who party are ‘rock & roll,’ women are ‘train wrecks’

On entering rehab:
    “As I lay in the tiny, bare room, crying and clutching a stuffed lion that Mom had given me, I was worried what people would think. I was battling an eating disorder — but I knew people would assume I was here for other things. I’ve written songs about partying, but my dirty little secret is that I’m actually incredibly responsible. I take my music and career very seriously, and certainly didn’t land in this situation from partying. I imagined people making up stories at a time when what I really needed was support.”

She grew up “different”:
    “In 2005, I was signed by a record label. Suddenly, it was OK to be different. I had fun with my style. I wore my hair in a mohawk and did my make-up like Alice Cooper. If someone called me pretty, I’d sneer and smear more glitter on my face. I didn’t want to be just pretty — I was wild, crazy and free. I talked about sex, about drinking. When men do that, it’s rock and roll , but when I did it, people assumed I was a train wreck. I played confident but still felt like an outcast.”

Her paranoia:
    “The music industry has set unrealistic expectations for what a body is supposed to look like, and I started becoming overly critical of my own body because of that. I felt like people were always lurking, trying to take pictures of me with the intention of putting them up opine or printing them in magazines and making me look terrible. I became scared to go in public, or even use the internet. I may have been paranoid, but I also saw and heard enough hateful things to fuel that paranoia.”

On helping others:
    “I knew I was ready to leave when I’d gained enough confidence to get on a plane knowing there would be paparazzi at the airport at the other end. I was right – they were there. But this time, when I saw thepictures, I felt OK. I’m not fully fixed — I am a person in progress, but I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Even I need to be reminded that we are who we are. And when I say that, I f—ing mean it, now more than ever.”

[From Elle UK]

Cele|bitchy | Kesha: Male singers who party are ‘rock & roll,’ women are ‘train wrecks’

I can't remember where I read it, but this chick actually has a genius IQ. She's not at all stupid or vapid, whether she's ugly/talented/trendsy or not. I was flabbergasted, reading it. Her whole style sure doesn't reflect that.

The thread title is misleading - I thought that was her opinion, but

When men do that, it’s rock and roll , but when I did it, people assumed I was a train wreck. I played confident but still felt like an outcast.
    she's actually calling people out on their hypocrisy.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I can't help but like her a bit.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I don't care for her music but I have a soft spot for her for some reason.
    Alysheba and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Meh, the only track I liked was Timber and I think she only sang the chorus. There was a blind about her wanting to be put under and not have to face days of withdrawal so, yeah eating disorder.

I do like her, and I agree with what she said in this interview.
    I don't think that any person could stay in that environment and fully recover, though - I wonder how long it's going to last - whatever she has recovered from (I am guessing both drugs and ED).

I really like her too.

she seems really genuine and actually cares about her fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I never thought she was a trainwreck, just the swimsuit.
    idunno and brindle like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yes... that swimsuit is not flattering. I actually don't mind Kesha even though her music is absolute shite

Thread Information