Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Sia says smoking pot caused her bipolar disorder: I fed my brain up

Default Sia says smoking pot caused her bipolar disorder: I fed my brain up

Her bipolar origins?
    “I don’t think it’s f—ed up childhood [that caused my bipolar disorder], in my case. I refrain from blaming anything on my parents. I think that everyone does their best and if they didnt do their best they’re just sick too. What I do think is that I smoked too much pot when I was a kid. I think it f—ed my brain up.”

She loves label makers: “I’m getting labels to put of the back of my sofa like, ‘The Couch That Flo Rida Bought,’ and, ‘The House That David Guetta Bought,’ ‘Thanks, Britney, For This Window Treatment’”

On music & fashion:
    “I understand that music is fashion, and I’m fashionable right now. You get, maybe, two, three good years running, so I’m just exploiting it right now.”

On Chandelier:
    “I wrote this one, and I was like, ‘Oh, this would be great for Rihanna,’ and then I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t think I can give it away. I think I might have just written a pop song for myself.’ I was attached to it. [It] is a song about the demoralization of alcoholism”

Who is she as an artist?
    “It’s very subjective; I have no idea. As a person, I’m a good person who shows up for my friends. I do my best to be good. As an artist, I have no idea. I just sort of show up for the process. It’s just channeling, really. I feel like it has nothing to do with me.”

On the title 1000 Forms of Fear:
    “I just heard someone say it once. One of my friends was having a baby and I asked her how she was doing and she said, ‘Oh you know, the usual: a thousand forms of fear.’ And I said, ‘Can I call my album that?’”

[From Sirius XM and Elle]

Cele|bitchy | Sia says smoking pot caused her bipolar disorder: €˜I f€”ed my brain up€™

look mommy, another idiot!
    SHELLEE and arie_skop like this.

Elite Member

Um, it is a chemical imbalance. How would that be due to her upbringing? I did not read anything after her first sentence.

i just listened to the howard stern interview last night. sia is a sweetheart she's so awesome. they were talking about nature vs. nurture with bipolar II, which is what she has. they discussed which comes first, the chicken or the egg with mental illness, do the drugs bring it out or do the drugs self medicate you. this article is very limited to what they discussed and misrepresents her. yeah im a sia fantard.

i loved her work with zero 7.

Lalasnake likes this.

I am sorry this interview makes her sound so crazy. I heard her interviewed a few weeks ago and she was very together, very aware, and very professional. She showed a great deal of gratitude for her talent and the opportunities she has received. Her name was unknown to the general public even though she has written many hits.

Category:Songs written by Sia Furler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    BelledeJour likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

She's always been a fruity pebbs.

I have no idea who this is. After this shit, I don't care to know.

Aw I love Sia but she seems troubled and does come across a little cray. But she's an amazing artist.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

i don't even really like her solo stuff. although the six feet under song (breathe me) was really good for the end of the show. still like her zero 7 collaboration, does anyone else like this group? i lurve them. well their early 2000's work for sure. i like the chilled downtempo music.

the girl you lost to cocaine is a great song too, and a funny video.

A*O

Unpopular opinion around here but there's no doubt in my mind that SOME potheads do develop serious mental problems and that one causes the other. I know one person, a rellie in fact, who is now a 32yr old lost cause. He's always smoked a lot of weed, the strong hydroponic stuff, never held down any kind of job (hmmmm, wonder why) and is basically a washed up bum with a fried brain, no girlfriend, no money and no prospects. He was the brightest of the bright at school and could have done anything with his life but chose this. Pathetic.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnt be surprised - Dorothy Parker

She wrote one of the most gorgeous and one of my most favorite songs of all time:

What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Unpopular opinion around here but there's no doubt in my mind that SOME potheads do develop serious mental problems and that one causes the other.
    I agree.

Unpopular opinion around here but there's no doubt in my mind that SOME potheads do develop serious mental problems and that one causes the other. I know one person, a rellie in fact, who is now a 32yr old lost cause. He's always smoked a lot of weed, the strong hydroponic stuff, never held down any kind of job (hmmmm, wonder why) and is basically a washed up bum with a fried brain, no girlfriend, no money and no prospects. He was the brightest of the bright at school and could have done anything with his life but chose this. Pathetic.
    Agreed. And I think we know the same guy!

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Um, it is a chemical imbalance. How would that be due to her upbringing? I did not read anything after her first sentence.
    Then you are not joining the dots.
    "I refrain from blaming anything on my parents." and "What I do think is that I smoked too much pot when I was a kid."
    It seems perfectly clear to me.
    As for bipolar....
    Cannabis-Induced Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features
    "Clinicians agree that cannabis use can cause acute adverse mental effects that mimic psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Although there is good evidence to support this, the connections are complex and not fully understood. ...... Here we present a case of a college student who initially suffered from an acute psychotic breakdown secondary to cannabis abuse that manifested into bipolar disorder with psychosis."
    There is loads more....
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...ficial&spell=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Agreed. And I think we know the same guy!
    I think I dated him....

Honey, thank you for posting this, I had never heard of this talented and burdened woman before.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

I had never heard of her until I caught this video of her performance on Ellen a while back.

CornFlakegrl, Lalasnake and Squish like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information