Like Tree22Likes
  • 8 Post By tulip
  • 2 Post By mostroop
  • 1 Post By Just Kill Me
  • 5 Post By Mel1973
  • 6 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Christian Siriano Claims Melissa McCarthy Was ‘Difficult To Work With’

Default Christian Siriano Claims Melissa McCarthy Was ‘Difficult To Work With’

• The 2007 Project Runway winner, who attempted to collaborate with Ms McCarthy in 2012, claims that the actress ‘wanted some specific things that I thought would not look good on her body’
    • Ms McCarthy last month claimed that ‘two Oscars ago, I couldn’t find anybody to do a dress for me’

Christian Siriano has refuted Melissa McCarthy’s claims that she ‘couldn’t find anybody’ to make a dress for her to wear to the 2012 Academy Awards.
    The New York City-based fashion designer - who won the fourth season of Project Runway in 2007 - told the New York Daily News that he ‘met with her people’ and attempted to collaborate with Ms McCarthy, 43, on an Oscars gown.
    ‘Quite frankly she was quite difficult to work with,’ Mr Siriano said of actress, who had been nominated as Best Supporting Actress for her role in Bridesmaids.

+4

Final result: Mrs McCarthy did not wear Mr Siriano's designs to the 2012 Academy Awards and instead chose this pink gown by Marina Rinaldi

He added: ‘She wanted some specific things that I thought would not look good on her body. And she was not comfortable with them in the end.’
    Ms McCarthy ended up wearing a pale pink dress by Marina Rinaldi for the event instead – a choice that won her mixed reviews from fashion pundits.
    Mr Siriano’s comments follow those made by Ms McCarthy in the June issue of Redbook magazine in which she said: ‘Two Oscars ago, I couldn’t find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers–very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people–and they all said no.’

Since then, though, it seems she has won over the fashion set. Just last week, she won praise for her appearance at the Tammy premiere in Los Angeles for which she wore a leather-and-chiffon dress with leopard print Tabitha Simmons heels.
    On June 26 she wore a sequined cardigan over a black silk jumpsuit to the film's New York City premiere. The designer of both ensembles has yet to be revealed.
    In the interview the mother-of-two, married to Ben Falcone since 2005, also alluded to the possibility of her creating a plus-size fashion label.
    ‘When I go shopping, most of the time I’m disappointed,’ she said.

+4
    Providing criticism: Mr Siriano first rose to fame in 2007 as the winner of the fourth season of Project Runway (pictured)

The venture would represent her longstanding interest in fashion. As a teenager, she had aspirations of attending New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology – a dream that her parents ultimately refused in favor of a more academic education.
    Their efforts appear to have been in vain though. She briefly attended the Southern Illinois University before dropping out to move to New York City and try her luck at a stand-up comedy career.
    Ms McCarthy was also friends with the now-famous footwear designer Brian Atwood and the pair remain close today.

Read more: Christian Siriano dismisses Melissa McCarthy's claim no fashion designer would dress her for Oscars | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Elite Member

Given how Christian was on his season of PR, I have the feeling that by "difficult" it means she didn't simply agree with everything he wanted to do. If I recall, he was really snippy with his prom dress client challenge because she had opinions and wasn't stick thin.

First thing I thought too. He's a fool to be saying these things to the media.

Gold Member

I've always thought that underneath all that blubber and those fake smiles there was a bitch. Maybe even a couple of them.

Elite Member

Eh, if I am getting a dress designed for me, I expect the designer time listen to what I want.
    To tell me that what I want is not what he wants to make for me, makes him my EX designer.
    Sometimes the customer does know what suits their body type best.
    Kittylady and JazzyGirl like this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Well he says she got what she asked for and didn't like the result.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    I've always thought that underneath all that blubber and those fake smiles there was a bitch. Maybe even a couple of them.
    It sounds to me like HE is the little bitch... and since he's thinner, his little bitch is a lot closer to the surface!
    Kittylady, sluce, BITTER and 2 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think most designers don't know what to do with someone over a size 6.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't know anything about the designer, but I have always felt she could be angry and a nasty bitch.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think most designers don't know what to do with someone over a size 6.
    Exactly. If you've ever watched Project Runway, the minute a client isn't a walking coat hanger, the contestants completely freak out. They hate the "regular people" challenges. Most of the time, they make the larger clients look horrible. There are some contestants who can do it and are really lovely to their clients, but it seems like most of them don't even consider the possibility of ever working with someone who doesn't have the measurements of a dress form. Christian was a snippy little bitch on his season. He is talented, but he has no people skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    He's a fool to be saying these things to the media.
    Yep. It's not as if she mentioned him by name so why step into such a hornet's nest.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Eh, if I am getting a dress designed for me, I expect the designer time listen to what I want.
    To tell me that what I want is not what he wants to make for me, makes him my EX designer.
    Sometimes the customer does know what suits their body type best.
    yeah, but to be honest, if you just want someone to make you what you want, without having any opinion on the design, then you hire a seamstress/tailor, not a designer. they're completely different.
    at the same time, i don't doubt he was a little bitch but if he really had such an issue with designing a gown for a larger woman, he wouldn't have said yes because it's not like it was a challenge on the show where he had no choice but to dress her.

i never watched him on the show and so far i don't think i've ever been impressed with any of his designs that i've seen worn by celebrities.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

I am not clear on what her issue was, was it that no one would dress her, or was it that she wanted high-end designers to dress her and the ones she was interested in turned her down? I find it totally believable that Chanel, Lanvin and the like would pass on dressing her, but I believe that several of the second and third tier designers, many of whom create interesting dresses, would have jumped at the chance to dress her for the Oscars.
    Last edited by dougie; July 8th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I don't know anything about the designer, but I have always felt she could be angry and a nasty bitch.
    why? Because of the characters she plays? Just curious.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I don't know. I sometimes get the vibe she puts on a big show in her interviews. I think her acting in movies like a foul mouth and nasty bitch seems to come pretty easy to her or something. I could see her her flipping out on the set or in public on some poor Joe Shmoe, and being really degrading and mean. *shrug* Just the feeling she gives me.

Thread Information