Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Honey
  • 2 Post By sprynkles
  • 5 Post By gas_chick
  • 2 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By Angeli

Thread: Dolly Parton offers to take home dog found at Glastonbury festival

Default Dolly Parton offers to take home dog found at Glastonbury festival

Dolly the dog, who was found at Glastonbury festival, could go home with namesake Dolly Parton. Photograph: Adam Gray/SWNS.com

Dolly Parton has offered to adopt a dog that was left behind at Glastonbury. The American country singer said she would take the white lurcher back to the US if its owner was not found.
    The dog was discovered in a tent during a clean-up after thousands of festival-goers left the site. The animal was named Dolly after the singer, who stole the show with her first ever performance at the festival last week.
    Dolly the dog was taken in by the Happy Landings animal shelter, situated close to the Glastonbury venue at Worthy Farm in Somerset.

Dolly Parton headlines Glastonbury 2014. She has offered to adopt the dog abandoned at the festival if the owner is not found. Photograph: Yui Mok/PA

Parton, 68, said: "I had my manager call the Happy Landings animal shelter to make sure the dog is being treated and cared for properly. At this time, nobody has claimed the dog and the dog is in great hands at the shelter. I will take her home to America if nobody claims her within a reasonable amount of time."
    She also recorded a video message saying she was "very honoured and flattered" that the dog had been named after her.
    It is not the first time the singer has had an animal named after her. Dolly the sheep, the world's first successfully cloned mammal, was given the name in 1986 by scientists who were fans of the singer.
    Happy Landings said Dolly the dog is a "sweet-natured older lady" who arrived with a serious ear infection. The shelter said it had received many phone calls from concerned members of the public.

Dolly Parton offers to take home dog found at Glastonbury festival | UK news | The Guardian
    WhateverLolaWants and Brookie like this.

Cute dog. I'll take him. I had no idea Dolly the cloned sheep for named after this Dolly. Wow!
    snoopqueen and MsChiff like this.

Another reason to love Dolly.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That's nice of her and it's good that the dog is being treated.
    Belt Up and snoopqueen like this.

The owners must be dead, who would leave an angel like that behind. If that dog had a bigger chest she would look just like Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    It is not the first time the singer has had an animal named after her. Dolly the sheep, the world's first successfully cloned mammal, was given the name in 1986 by scientists who were fans of the singer.
    This is totally off topic, but that's quite a big factual error for the Guardian to make. Dolly the sheep was born in 1996.

Back on topic, it's beyond heinous that some soulless asshole would just abandon a senior dog in a tent. I hope she gets the forever home she deserves, either through a shelter adoption or with Dolly Parton.

Elite Member

There's a happy ending for this dog. Her owners came forward to claim her, so she's going home.
    idunno and Kittylady like this.

Thread Information