Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Katherine Heigl: I Was 'Angry' At Hollywood 'For Betraying Me'

Default Katherine Heigl: I Was 'Angry' At Hollywood 'For Betraying Me'

Since she is so well loved here at GR.... LOL

Katherine Heigl: I Was 'Angry' At Hollywood 'For Betraying Me' - ABC News

Katherine Heigl: I Was 'Angry' At Hollywood 'For Betraying Me'
    Jul 2, 2014, 11:47 AM ET By LESLEY MESSER

At one point, Katherine Heigl was red-hot in Hollywood.

Looking back, however, she admitted she may have done one too many romantic comedies after her star-making turn in "Grey's Anatomy."

"I had an amazing time. I love romantic comedies. But maybe I hit it a little too hard," she told Marie Claire UK. "I couldnít say no. I stopped challenging myself. It became a bit by rote and, as a creative person, that can wear you down."

So, Heigl, 35, decided to take some time off and focus on her family and herself. As she and her husband Josh Kelley retreated to a farm in Utah with their two young daughters, the "Knocked Up" actress finally felt able to "shut down all the noise."

"The thing that was my best friend for a long time, [my career], suddenly turned on me and I didnít expect it. I was taken by surprise and angry at it for betraying me," she admitted. "I had a moment where, I donít know, I was thinking, ĎMaybe open a knitting store, get my money out of retirement accounts and live off that, live off the land.' I had my moment where it all seemed so complicated and all I wanted to do was simplify."

Instead, she decided to return to Hollywood. Now working on the new series "State of Affairs," Heigl, who is also a producer on the show, feels that she has turned a page.

ďThereís a part of me thatís a Hollywood animal as well. I canít wait to get into the writerís room and see how we do this," she said. "I feel like Iím finally rolling into the next phase of my adulthood."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

i hope her new show tanks.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Instead, she decided to return to Hollywood. Now working on the new series "State of Affairs," Heigl, who is also a producer on the show, feels that she has turned a page.
    This is really going to make for some awkward sentence structures when she complains about producers. "That me is such a tyrannical jerk. I made myself work 18 hour days. I hope I hear about this and am really embarrassed about it."
    BITTER likes this.

I know a lot of people hate her, but she just doesn't piss me off the way she does others. I can't work up any feeling for her whatsoever, could care less. I think she needs to take into account that it's not just too many romantic comedies that derailed her career, but also her attitude.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I should have taken those roles that were being offered to me and Meryl Streep instead of the rom-coms.

Shut UP Heigl.
    Trixie and SoCalMarie like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

"I had an amazing time. I love romantic comedies. But maybe I hit it a little too hard,"

She said, finally remembering not to completely burn bridges in case her latest venture fails and she has to go back to RomComs.

And to be honest what's wrong with being a Rom Com actress, if you are sensible about it? Take the money, invest it wisely, roll through each movie for as long as they're offered and then either fuck off to live a very comfortable life or start moving into different types of character roles. Oh, except maybe that last part is beyond her as she seems to have been an uptight, whinging ice bitch in everything I've seen her in.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Doris Day had an excellent career with romcom. I don't think she complained.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

So, Heigl, 35, decided to take some time off and focus on her family and herself. As she and her husband Josh Kelley retreated to a farm in Utah with their two young daughters, the "Knocked Up" actress finally felt able to "shut down all the noise."

Uh huh. Translation: No one wanted to hire or work with me so I laid low for awhile but now I'm trying a new spin. Are y'all buying it?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

"I can’t wait to get into the writer’s room and see how we do this"

.............and she's the 'Producer', um, ok...........
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

More like she can't wait to get into the writers room and TELL them how they're going to do this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I want to know in what sense how "Hollywood betrayed" her. She picked the shitty roles and did shitty press for it. I don't see how it's Hollywood's fault that she opted to make bad decisions. If I was her, I'd be grateful someone in Hollywood was letting me back in their good graces instead of bitching about it.

Good luck to her shitty show and even more luck to the writers and other producers and actors on her show. They are going to need it.
    SoCalMarie and snoopqueen like this.

This post has not been proofread

"Betraying me," my ass. Maybe you're an unprofessional bitch and that's the reason no one is doing you anymore favors now that your career's on the downswing. Ever consider that? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    "I had an amazing time. I love romantic comedies. But maybe I hit it a little too hard," she told Marie Claire UK. "I couldn’t say no. I stopped challenging myself. It became a bit by rote and, as a creative person, that can wear you down."
    Yeah, working in an industry that has a small success rate, making millions of dollars. I really hate that too. Creative person? Who does she think she is - f*cking Scorsese?

"The thing that was my best friend for a long time, [my career], suddenly turned on me and I didn’t expect it. I was taken by surprise and angry at it for betraying me,"

"Suddenly turned on me..." It wasn't like she woke up and was blacklisted. It was just her, over a number of years, being difficult to work with.

Guess what? If you're a pain in the ass, no one is going to hire you (just ask Thora Birch).

I love how she's blaming (in one way or another) "the industry" for "betraying" her - and not taking responsibility for her actions/treating people like sh*t.
    I can see she's grown a lot as a person over the past couple of years
    Kittylady and holly like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

She should be aware of that old adage of not pissing off the people on the way up. It looks like she hasn't learned that lesson despite getting a second chance with this shitty series that rips off Scandal and Homeland. I'll laugh if this gets canned by the 5th episode.

She is so full of shit..she begged to be let go from GA after she thought she was a movie star. She backhanded Shonda Rhimes when "removing" herself from the Emmy competition because she was so offended by the quality of writing that GA gave her character. She was critical of the "Knocked Up" script WHILE in the PROMOTION stage and greatly upset Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan. This had nothing to do with over saturating herself with Rom Com's. She only wishes....but i have to hand it to her PR team and their good ole TRY at this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information