Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: "Designing Women" Actor, Meshach Taylor Has Died

Default "Designing Women" Actor, Meshach Taylor Has Died

Meshach Taylor: Terminally ill, on death bed at the age of 67 (UPDATED)

A beloved family man and actor has passed too soon.Photo by David Livingston/Getty ImagesA beloved family man and actor has passed too soon.Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images

June 28, 2014

After word got around that he was terminally and his family had gone to his bedside, word got out per The Urban Daily on June 28, 2014, that actor Meshach Taylor has died. Known for his comedic talent and hugely contagious smile, Taylor died late on Friday evening as he was surrounded by his family who had gathered by his bedside.
    UPDATE: RumorFix's editor-in-chief has sent me an email advising that Meshach Taylor has not passed away at this time, but is on his death bed, and some false reports went around early this morning. He has spoken with Taylor's family, and Taylor's son Tariq released this statement:
    “For all the people that have given premature condolences: don’t feel bad. I am happy to feel the love. My Dad has not passed just yet, but he has begun to actively transition. Thanks again everyone for your kind words during this tough time.”
    Meshach Taylor was just 67-years-old.
    Reports started being passed around the Internet on Friday that Taylor had been "terminally ill," and that his family was with him in fear of the worst. Those family members included his 100-year-old mother who sat right at his bedside.
    A post was made by his family on his Twitter account early on Saturday morning:
    “It is with love and gratitude that we sorrowfully announce that our darling, amazingly brilliant and dynamic, Meshach, the incredible father, husband, son and friend has begun his grand transition. Our friends who know and love us, please offer your prayers for his peace and blazing light as he ascends to the heavens. Those who need to call the family please do. Those who desire to post memories, we are open and graciously accepting all gestures of peace. Love, the Taylor Family Tariq Taylor, Yasmine Taylor, Tamar Lashae, Taylor Esme Taylor”
    A cause of death has not yet been revealed.
    Known primarily and fondly for his role as Anthony Bouvier on the hit show "Designing Women," Taylor had a career that spanned multiple decades. It included numerous television shows, movies, and stage productions in which he starred as Lumiere in Broadway's "Beauty and the Beast."
    He received an Emmy Award for his role as Jim in the WTTV production of "Huckleberry Finn."
    Most recently, Meshach Taylor made a guest appearance in episode 13 of "Criminal Minds" back in January of this year.
    Condolences, prayers, and thoughts go out to the whole Taylor family and those that were lucky enough to call him a friend. May he rest in peace.

Meshach Taylor: Terminally ill, on death bed at the age of 67 (UPDATED) - Orlando Pop Culture | Examiner.com
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

A cause of death has not yet been revealed.
    Hard to do when he's not yet died. Couldn't the Examiner taken the time to change their verb tenses in light of their update?

In any case, sad news. Loved him on Designing Women.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

He actually died today. The title in the article is misleading. That's why they wrote "updated" under it.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

So sad. i loved him so much in Mannequin as Hollywood Montrose.
    Bluebonnet, sputnik, Mrs P and 2 others like this.

R.I.P Anthony. Have fun with Bernice and Julia up there.
    snoopqueen, dougie, Trixie and 1 others like this.

Aw, just loved him.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

he just recently had a birthday. i read the Dlisted birthdays and i couldn't believe he was 67.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Anthony! Lawd!
    dougie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Aww, RIP. The older I get the more I realize so many go way too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    He actually died today. The title in the article is misleading. That's why they wrote "updated" under it.
    That article is confusing as hell as to whether or not he has died. I googled his name, and can't find anything that says he did die, just that he's on his deathbed...

I read about this first on Findadeath's page. At the time it wasn't known if he was actually gone or not. I adored this guy. He was a very under-recognized talent and gone way too soon. RIP, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    So sad. i loved him so much in Mannequin as Hollywood Montrose.
    I just recently caught Mannequin on TV and was so excited. I loved that movie as kid. He was hilarious as Hollywood and I loved him on Designing Women. I haven't caught an episode in years, but Anthony is probably the character I remember most vividly. There was something very distinct about him. 67 is too young. I hope he's at peace and I'm glad to hear he passed surrounded by the people who loved him.
    sputnik and Mrs P like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Incredibly talented and gifted. His family must be so sad.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Loved him in Designing Women when he would refer to his unfortunate incarceration. RIP So sad that his 100 year old mother was him.
    firebrat1229 and Bluebonnet like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

So sorry that he has passed. He was such a terrific and talented actor. RIP, sir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information