Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Amy Adams Gives Up First Class Seat to US Soldier in Coach

Default Amy Adams Gives Up First Class Seat to US Soldier in Coach

Thought we could end the week with a nice story...

http://gma.yahoo.com/amy-adams-gives...lebrities.html

Amy Adams Gives Up First Class Seat to US Soldier in Coach
    By LESLEY MESSER 1 hour ago Good Morning America

Amy Adams made one American soldier's flight to L.A. much nicer.

Before her plane from Detroit took off, the Oscar-nominated actress, who was booked for a first-class seat, noticed a man in uniform at the gate. She then privately asked to switch seats with the soldier, who had been ticketed for coach.

"I noticed Ms. Adams was in first class and as I was getting seated, I saw the flight attendant guide the soldier to Ms. Adams' seat. She was no longer in it, but it was pretty clear that she'd given up her seat for him," fellow passenger Jemele Hill, co-host of ESPN2's "Numbers Never Lie," told ABC News. "I was incredibly impressed, and I'm not even sure if the soldier knew who gave him that seat. I guess he will now!"

After the switch was made, Adams, 39, met with the soldier briefly and privately by the cockpit, Hill added. The actress, whose father was in the U.S. military, then went back to her new seat in coach.

"Ms. Adams did it so quietly and quickly that it speaks to her character," Hill added. "And somebody in coach just got a helluva seatmate!"
    CL**, levitt, Bellatheball and 9 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Don't know who she is but what a sweet thing to do! The fact that she did it quietly without being seen is total class.
    sparkles likes this.
    Drive-by poster

Nothing to snark about =boring BUT I love hearing about celebs doing good things with little fanfare. Faith in humanity restored a smidgen.
    Jazzy, BelledeJour and Mrs P like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I love her and am not surprised. She seems like a very nice person.

This is a sweet story. It's like a nice little surprise when you find out that a celebrity is a genuinely good person.
    Jazzy likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I liked her anyway so now I like her more.
    Neptunia likes this.

What a lovely thing to do. I hope the soldier had a great time.
    I didn't realize Amy Adams was 39, I thought early 30's but she was on an episode of Charmed about 15 years ago so I guess that's about the right age, she looks fantastic.

Adams tells Inside Edition of her kind gesture, “I didn’t do it for attention for myself. I did it for attention for the Troops.”
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I like her, and I think she's really pretty too!
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Adams tells Inside Edition of her kind gesture, “I didn’t do it for attention for myself. I did it for attention for the Troops.”
    That's nice. And I believe it too since she didn't even care whether the solider knew it was her or not. The positive PR is a nice little karma for her, though. Proof that it pays to be nice.

And I agree with the others who say they've always liked her. She may be a bit boring, but she's a good actress and clearly a decent person. She was great in Doubt. Plus Enchanted has a spot on the very short list of kids films that I can actually tolerate repeated viewings of without praying for death. At least out loud. So I'll always be grateful to her for that.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Aww, what a lovely thing to do. I love how Americans are proud of their soldiers.
    McJag likes this.

I am a horrible person, because my first thought after reading this was, "I bet she's republican".
    sputnik likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Curious, why would her supporting a soldier make her republican? Most of my friends are liberal democrats and they support the soldiers.
    McJag likes this.

^^^^
    because that fetishistic 'support the troops' stuff is usually spouted by republicans.
    (never mind that they only support them as long as they're fighting wars, once they come home broken and injured and it's time to cough up some cash to fix them, they suddenly forget all about their support... but that's another story)

using my facebook newsfeed as anecdata (so it's totally reliable and representative ), i can tell you that the only people i know who post 'support the troops' stuff, are all republicans.
    Last edited by sputnik; June 29th, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I was on that flight, and the reason Adams had switched was because the soldier had been sitting next to me. After she came back to the seat next to me in Coach, she was very - kind of flirtatious. Then, a little later she offered me some of her wine, which tasted a little grainy for some reason. I didn't really see her after that because I had gotten really groggy all of a sudden.
    funky_chicken likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information