• 2 Post By aabbcc
  • 3 Post By JadeStar70
  • 2 Post By NickiDrea
  • 2 Post By NoNoRehab

Thread: Susan Lucci Had Sarah Michelle Gellar Fired from All My Children

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Susan Lucci Had Sarah Michelle Gellar Fired from All My Children

Sounds like a soapy situation to Us! While hosting the 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday, June 22, Kathy Griffin shared an anecdote of a possible feud between two costars Susan Lucci and Sarah Michelle Gellar that took place during the '90s.

The Bravo comedian, 53, told the crowd that she ran into
    Gellar, 37, at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, June 21, and asked if she had ever starred on a soap opera. "She said, 'What?! Don't you know I was on All My Children?! I played Erica Kane's daughter,'" Griffin recalled. "I know, right? So get this s---. I go, 'Really? What was it like?'"

According to the unfiltered host, it was not a pleasant experience for
    Gellar, thanks to the lovely and legendary Lucci, 67, who played Erica Kane on the show for 41 years. "[Sarah] goes, 'I'll tell you exactly what it was like: I won for best young starlet of tomorrow and it was the one year that Susan Lucci wasn't nominated.' And by the way," Griffin added, "there should be a hush across the room right now because I know you guys can tell that I'm going to say some s--- I shouldn't say."

The comedian claimed, "Anyways, she told me that
    Susan Lucci couldn't stand her, and after she won the Emmy, Susan Lucci had her fired before the show ended!"

Gellar was nominated for her first Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series in 1994, the same year Lucci was not nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress -- Lucci's first time not receiving a nod since 1981.

One year later, Gellar took home the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress, and while Lucci was nominated, she did not see her first Emmys win until her 19th nomination in 1999.

Griffin, who bashed numerous celebrities, particularly Kris Jenner, throughout her hosting gig on Sunday night, concluded: "You're not going to get that at the Emmys or the Grammys this year, only right here folks! You're welcome Daytime Emmys!

Of course none of that can be confirmed -- it can only be alleged under the umbrella of the first amendment under comedy and satire."

Haaa...

Source: Susan Lucci Had Sarah Michelle Fired From Soap, Kathy Griffin Jokes - Us Weekly

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Susan Lucci Had Sarah Michelle Gellar Fired from All My Children

I remember the rumors about this years ago and I wouldn't doubt it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Sarah did a damn good job as Kendall! Total snotty and selfish little brat that you would expect Erica's kid to be!

Syd

Well, I still love Susan Lucci. Can't help it.

I heard this years ago too, thought it was common knowledge that these two didn't like each other. Erica Kane wouldn't tolerate being upstaged!
    Callalily likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Was never a fan of Erica Kane and never thought she was all that great of a character either. There were plenty of more interesting folks on AMC whom I'd rather have watched.
    Callalily and teforde23 like this.

Vouch aabbcc!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yea. Erica wasn't my favorite on the show, for sure. She was such a whiner and always played the victim card to reel in the men. She would be a great partner to Victor on Y&R. I hate that prick!!
    Callalily, sparkles and Sorce like this.

I LOVED her as Kendall, I started watching the show during the summer when I was about 11 or 12. Kendall was my favorite character by far.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

This rumor is ancient history to us soap fans.

I really doubt it went down like Griffin said though. She randomly runs into Gellar and says, "Oh, did you ever do a soap?" and Gellar just spills? I don't for a second believe real celebs would tell Kathy Griffin shit.

Also, at least part of the story is bullshit (that SMG won "the one year" Lucci wasn't nominated). Lucci was indeed nominated the year SMG won outstanding younger actress:

22nd Daytime Emmy Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whatever went down, SMG still did a cameo on All My Children during its last week, so bad blood wasn't enough to keep her away/them from asking her back.
    darksithbunny and lindsaywhit like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Gellar is actually friendly with Kathy. I'm sure they worked it out how Kathy would tell the story.

Some of my best memories are watching AMC with my mom when I was young at lunch time in the summer. Didn't the replacement daughter end up being blonde? I want to recall that Sarah was brunette. It confused me at the time.

I never watched AMC and even I remember this rumor. Kathy, you're about twenty years late on your scoop.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Thread Information