Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hope Solo arrested on 2 counts of domestic violence

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Hope Solo arrested on 2 counts of domestic violence

U.S. gold medal-winning goalkeeper Hope Solo was arrested early Saturday morning on investigation of two counts of domestic violence assault, police told the Seattle Times.

Solo, 32, is being held without bail at the SCORE misdemeanor jail in South King County.

Solo allegedly got into an argument with relatives at a family party at the home she shares with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, in Kirkland, Washington. At some point during the altercation, according to police, Solo physically struck her sister and nephew.

"There were visible injuries on them," Kirkland police lieutenant Mike Murray told the Seattle Times.

Officers were called to the home because of an assault and a noise disturbance.

"There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation," Murray told the newspaper.

It is not Solo's first brush with domestic violence. Her then-boyfriend Stevens was arrested in November 2012 for allegedly assaulting Solo. He was never charged and they were married the next day.

(source)

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Hope Solo arrested on 2 counts of domestic violence

9:00 AM PT -- Cops say Solo appeared "intoxicated and upset" when police arrived to the house.

Cops also say one of the victims -- Hope's nephew -- is 17-years-old.

Officials also say the person who initially called 911 told the operator a female was "hitting people."

Solo is due in court on Monday.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz35I4kpEtI

Elite Member

I couldn't remember why her, him and violence rang a bell, so I had to Google.
    Now I remember(the details around their wedding/arrests in 2012):

Disturbing details emerged when U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo appeared in court Tuesday in Kirkland, Wash., with her fiancee, Jerramy Stevens, a former NFL tight end, who was accused of striking Solo.
    The couple appeared in court on the same day they were supposed to be married. It was unclear whether the two, who had been dating two months, went ahead with the wedding. A judge found no probable cause to keep Stevens in custody and released him.
    Police responded to a disturbance call at 3:45 a.m. Monday morning involving a fight at a party, according to the police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports. Solo's brother, Marcus, said he used a stun gun on one of the unwanted guests at the party.
    According to the police report, Hope Solo yelled "don't say anything to them Marcus" at her brother several times when questioned by police.
    Police found Stevens hiding on the floor between a wall and bed, according to the report. Stevens said he was sleeping, not hiding, and that he did not hear the fight.
    Stevens had dried blood on his shirt and cheek and there were signs of a fight in the bedroom. Stevens said the blood on his face was from a kiss from Hope Solo, police said.
    Based on Stevens' account that he had been arguing with Solo, the sign of an altercation in the bedroom, her injury and the blood on his shirt, police arrested Stevens on charges of fourth-degree domestic assault.
    Stevens told the officer he and Solo had been fighting about whether they would live in Florida or Washington after their planned marriage on Tuesday, according to police. Court records show the two applied for a marriage license last Thursday, komonews.com reported.
    Stevens, 33, has a lengthy history of run-ins with the law, dating to high school. He played football at the University of Washington (where Solo also competed) and was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks. In 2000, Stevens was arrested for the sexual assault of a 19-year-old University of Washington freshman. However, prosecutors declined to file rape charges because of insufficient evidence.
    Solo, 31, is the starting goalkeeper for the U.S. women's national team. She led the Americans to the Olympic gold medal in London and Beijing.
    Calls to her agent, lawyer and the U.S. Soccer press officer were not immediately returned. The USA's next game as part of its post-Olympic victory tour is Nov.28 against Ireland in Portland. It is unclear whether Solo will be with the team.
    Considered the best goalkeeper in the world, Solo's career has also been tinged with controversy. In her recent memoir, Solo: A Memoir of Hope, she details her benching during the 2007 World Cup (in which she criticized legendary keeper Brianna Scurry); she alleges then-coach Greg Ryan shoved her (he denied it); criticizes members of the USA's 1999 World Cup championship team; and claims that Dancing with the Stars partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy slapped her (he denied it). Hope Solo involved in assault case before wedding

She really seems like she has a screw loose.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

^ Well, it happened on a weekend and she hasn't been before a judge yet. I assume bail will be set then.

I agree she seems to have a screw (or few) loose. And she needs to stop throwing parties...they don't seem to end well.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

A few things come into play that don't have anything to do with being female: past criminal history, assault IV charges (likely), being arrested on a weekend and being held until arraignments on Monday, etc.

Bronze Member

Also the fact that one of the victims was a minor.

She accused her DWTS partner (Maksim) of abusing her during rehearsals, which (as much as I think he is a tool) were pretty baseless. Sounds like violence surrounds her. She should get some help.

i never paid much attention to her until she was on DWTS. and then i immediately figured out that i didn't like her.
    Laurent and *DIVA! like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Where's the mug shot ?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

She's a douche canoe.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Roids?
    Shinola likes this.

Funny that the jail is called SCORE....he he he.
    PecanPie likes this.

Bronze Member

Haaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i never paid much attention to her until she was on DWTS. and then i immediately figured out that i didn't like her.

It sounds like the whole family is crazy ... and just to spice that up, she fucking married an abusive rapist!
    Just Kill Me and *DIVA! like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She is a damn good goalie, but has always had an attitude. I want to like her, but always got the vibe she is a conceited asshole. Looks like she has some anger and abusive issues, as well. At first, I thought she was just a stupid girl marrying her hubby that smacked her around, but I guess she is into that behavior, as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information