• 4 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By SoCalMarie
  • 2 Post By aabbcc
  • 3 Post By WhateverLolaWants

Thread: Honey Boo Boo Has Turned Into a 'Visibly Troubled' Monster Child

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Honey Boo Boo Has Turned Into a 'Visibly Troubled' Monster Child

Alana Thompson, the 8-year-old star of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, appeared on The Tonight Show last week and, according to one studio audience member, she was a "dimpled monster" whose defiance, entitlement and disrespect (for both her mother and host Jimmy Fallon) was conveniently edited out of the broadcast.

Christy O'Shoney had attended the taping of The Tonight Show last week and wrote about the "eerie tension" that was present in the studio for Salon. She says that the little reality star was not only rude and disrespectful (she refused to give Jimmy Fallon a friendship bracelet and also told him that his muscles weren't that big), but that the big personality that we see on TV was merely the result of a pageant mom's prodding.

For example, the friendship bracelet moment seems cute and quick on TV, but in person, it was actually kind of agonizing. It didn't just happen once, but several times, and the more it was discussed, the more openly hostile Boo Boo became. And in addition to the friendship bracelet crisis, the episode left out some deeply uncomfortable spats between Mama June and Alana. You see it a bit in the broadcast, but Mama June was continually either answering questions on behalf of Boo Boo or mumbling answers to her. The quick wit we've come to expect from Honey Boo Boo was nowhere to be seen, but instead it was fed to her by her pageant mom.

But it got even worse:

But the most notable moment to be left out of Honey Boo Boo's appearance on "The Tonight Show" was when she became so fed up that she actually struck Mama June. Up until this point, Fallon had been doing a great job of navigating Alana's weird behavior, but it was at this moment when he became positively awesome. "NEVER hit your mother!" he exclaimed, in a voice that was serious with just a hint of a joke, and the studio audience erupted in applause. Finally, we thought, someone is addressing this child's attitude.

Ultimately, O'Shoney, who had previously been a Honey Boo Boo fan, left the taping with vastly different take on the child star and how her personality is manipulated to be much more telegenic.

The Alana I saw on "The Tonight Show" set was visibly troubled: disrespectful, defiant, entitled. Of course, with a bit of editing, "disrespectful" becomes "precocious," "defiant" becomes "sassy," and "entitled" becomes "confident."

Honey Boo Boo Has Turned Into a 'Visibly Troubled' Monster Child

I'll put this in my "Well, NOOOO shit" file.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah I never saw this coming at all...
    snoopqueen and KrisNine like this.

I've never watched her show, but I've always thought this kid was obnoxious based on what little I've seen of her. Never understood the love, that's for sure.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Visually, she's always been troubling IMO.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

It's sad to see her getting fatter by the day. She must weigh like 150 now. How can her mom let that happen? The child is going to have so many health problems later.
    snoopqueen likes this.

She started out being a little asshole, now she's growing into a big asshole.
    Butterfly, Trixie, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I'd smack her right in her chubby little mouth ... she needs it if she's hitting her mother.
    BITTER and joebob like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'd smack her right in her chubby little mouth ... she needs it if she's hitting her mother.
    Kid is braver than I am. I'd be scared of losing my arm in a Mama June fold and having to chew it off to get free again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    It's sad to see her getting fatter by the day. She must weigh like 150 now. How can her mom let that happen? The child is going to have so many health problems later.
    Well, who would want to say no to/anger/discipline the money ticket?? Who is thinking about her future? It's all about cashing in now!

Even if there wasn't T.V. show, it seems as though Honey Boo Boo's parents haven't really set the best examples of health and well-being for most of this child's life...
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I saw this interview and was uncomfortable with her behavior. Now I see it was edited so I can't imagine how bad it really was.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Have you seen the mom?
    Air Quotes and JazzyGirl like this.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Silver Member

Damn you can't be five minutes late to a new post. You guys get in with the good ones fast !

Thread Information