Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mostroop

Thread: Lisa Vanderpump's Ex-Employee Awarded Punitive Damages In Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Lisa Vanderpump's Ex-Employee Awarded Punitive Damages In Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

Lisa Vanderpump Must Pay Employee $100K! | Radar Online

Pay Up! ‘RHOBH’ Star Lisa Vanderpump’s Former Employee Awarded $100K In Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
    Posted on Jun 17, 2014 @ 15:03PM | By radarstaff

Justice has been served in the sexual harassment lawsuit involving Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurant Villa Blanca, and the waitress who initially brought the claims has been dished out some serious cash. RadarOnline.com has learned that jurors today awarded former Villa Blanca employee Karina Bustillos $100,000 in punitive damages stemming from her case.

As Radar has reported, Bustillos claimed manager Michael Govia sexually harassed her with inappropriate comments and sexual advances, including grabbing her wrists and trying to kiss her. She claimed Villa Blanca failed to take action when she informed them about the incidents.

In a decision last week, the jury did not place liability on Govia, but found that Villa Blanca, Vanderpump and her husband Ken Todd could be held accountable.

At the time, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star was quick to call the ruling a victory, posting on Twitter, “Victory! It was principal manager of [Villa Blanca] vindicated by the jury unanimously on all charges, been a tough ten days at trial. #truthprevailed.”

She’s yet to comment on the new ruling.

This isn’t the first time, however, that Vanderpump and Todd have had to sign a big check for a former employee.

As Radar has reported, they were slapped with a $75,000 discrimination lawsuit from a former employee in 2012, but later settled for an undisclosed sum out of court.

Lisa Vanderpump Must Pay Employee $100K! | Radar Online

Elite Member

100K is about a year's wages for waitstaff in a high end restaurant.

I'm glad she got something though. It is the company's responsibility when they don't correct the problem.
    ariesallover, CL** and snoopqueen like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Lisa Vanderpump Admits ‘I’m Not Very Good At’ Running Restaurant | Radar Online

READ The Shocking Court Documents That Show Just How Much Lisa’s Companies Are Worth

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress...085-signed.pdf

Real Housewife, Bad Businesswoman? Lisa Vanderpump Admits ‘I’m Not Very Good At’ Running Restaurant Company As New Docs Show It’s Now Worth Less Than She & Husband Ken Todd Have Invested In It!
    Posted on Jun 26, 2014 @ 9:03AM | By Melissa Cronin

Splash News/Radar Online

Lisa Vanderpump makes a reported $350,000 per season for appearing on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but according to new court documents, she’s not as savvy a businesswoman when it comes to her restaurants: Villa Blanca, SUR, and PUMP lounge. In court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, Vanderpump admits she “is not very good at” the business side of her empire, which is now worth less now than the amount of money her husband invested in it!

Vanderpump and her husband Ken Todd recently asked a judge in their ongoing sexual harassment lawsuit to “exclude evidence, argument, and/or reference to [their] personal wealth/financial condition” from court, so as not to influence the jury in their decisions regarding former Villa Blanca employee Karina Bustillo’s judgment. As Radar has reported, the court recently awarded Bustillos $100,000 in punitive damages. Bustillos asked the court to make Todd, 56, and Vanderpump, 53, personally liable because, her attorneys claimed in the documents, the amount of the judgment could exceed the value of Blanca Investments, making bankruptcy a way for the pair to avoid paying the six-figure sum.

According to court documents obtained by Radar, Todd and Vanderpump filed “an unaudited Profit and Loss Statement [for 2013] claiming [Blanca Investments LLC] only made around $80,000 [per year] and that its net worth is a mere $200,000.”

That’s $50,000 less than the amount Todd told the court he had invested from his own personal bank account when the company was founded in 2009.

But despite being a principal investor, Todd seemed confused about the logistics of the company when questioned in court on June 6.

“Well, the company was set up by Lisa,” he said. “I would have thought I would be the manager and the president, but I don’t know.”

And in her own deposition, Vanderpump seemed similarly bewildered about the operations of her business. Asked about the address for Blanca Investments, she said “Oh I haven’t been there, I don’t think… I don’t really get involved with .. All those kinds of legalities.”

Vanderpump was even unclear as to whether her company is named Villa Blanca LLC or Blanca Investments LLC, telling the court, “I’m not very good at all of this. Again, I just have to say I don’t know.” And when asked whether she held board meetings to get to the bottom of such issues, she joked that she and Todd “meet in the bedroom, not the boardroom.”

As Radar has reported, Bustillos’ suit isn’t the first time Vanderpump and Todd have had legal trouble thanks to former employees. Back in 2012, they were sued for more than $75,000 by a former dishwasher at Villa Blanca who claimed he had been wrongfully terminated due to “discrimination”.

Lisa Vanderpump Admits ‘I’m Not Very Good At’ Running Restaurant | Radar Online

Thread Information