Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Alfie Allen claims Lily Allen lied about possible part in Game of Thrones

Default Alfie Allen claims Lily Allen lied about possible part in Game of Thrones

Awkward! Alfie Allen claims sister Lily Allen LIED about being offered incest role in hit TV series Game of Thrones

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 21:58, 14 June 2014 | UPDATED: 21:58, 14 June 2014

His sister is notorious for her shoot-from-the-hip approach to life.

But actor Alfie Allen, brother of pop star Lily Allen, is clearly keeping his sibling in check as his own star continues to ascend.

It comes after she claimed she was offered a role on hit TV series Game Of Thrones.

+4

Oh brother! Alfie Allen pictured at the Game of Thrones Fourth Season premiere, New York

The 29-year-old singer claimed during a Reddit chat last month that producers of the HBO show had offered her the role of Theon's soldier sister Yara.

However, Lily turned down the role due to an uncomfortable first scene between the pair which saw Theon attempt to seduce the sister he hadn't seen in years.
    But Alfie, aka Game of Thrones' Theon, has dismissed the comments, declaring that actress Gemma Whalen was always the first choice.
    'The only thing I'm going to say on this is that's not true,' he told Vulture, before refusing to elaborate further.

+4

Fibbing? Alfie says Lily's claims about her role in the hit TV series are untrue

Footage obtained by TMZ shows Alfie being asked about the situation outside a Los Angeles restaurant, but - once again - he declines to answer.
    Alfie has played Theon - heir to the Lord Of the Iron Islands - since the first season of the show which has seen the character go from womanising rascal to a shell of his former self after being captured, tortured and castrated by evil Ramsay Snow (Iwan Rheon) in the third season.

+4

Uncomfortable: Lily said she wouldn't have wanted to appear in Yara's (Gemma Whelan) first scene with Theon

However, Lily said she would still be interested in appearing in the show in a different guise.

'I would be open to doing a musical cameo like Sigur Ros,' she said.

The Icelandic band made an appearance at King Joffrey's wedding feast earlier this season to perform the Rains of Castermere.
    Lily is concentrating on her music career - she released Hard Out Here last year - her first single since 2009 at the end of last year, while her younger brother will continue to appear on Game Of Thrones.

'It gets dark' Alfie told Entertainment Weekly about the forthcoming episodes. 'I dont think people will find it as hard to watch this year.

'It depends what kind of person you are. Its more of a mental torture than it is physical. Its daunting as an actor. I have to do more telling of the story with my eyes than with words. Ive never really done that type before.'

+4

Cameo: Icelandic band Sigur Ros played at the Purple Wedding in the show

Read more: Alfie Allen claims sister Lily Allen LIED about being offered incest role in hit TV series Game of Thrones | Mail Online

Oh, Lily...why can't you just keep your mouth shut?
    snoopqueen and Sunrider like this.

She would have made a terrible Asha* anyway!

*Yara, sorry, as a book reader I can't call her that! Her name is Asha!

^ why did they change the name? that's weird. But yeah, she would have been horrible!
    -

funky, they changed it because in the first seasons there was also the character of Osha who was the Wildling woman that helped out Bran and Rickon and was played by the girl who played Tonks in the Harry Potter movies. I think cause the two names are pronounced the same way, they changed Asha which is kind dumb because I don't think anyone would have confused the two. They were in completely different settings.

I think Lily Allen is jealous of her little brother now that he's way more famous than her :p
    snoopqueen and Sunrider like this.

fgg

i didn't realize that they were related. alfie sure did get beaten by the ugly stick!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Alfie has been great in the role. I think the woman who plays his sister has been really good, too. I can't even imagine Lily Allen in that role. It seems like it requires a whole different physiognomy.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Alfie has been great in the role. I think the woman who plays his sister has been really good, too. I can't even imagine Lily Allen in that role. It seems like it requires a whole different physiognomy.
    Is that the polite way of saying "talent"?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Alfie has been fantastic, Lily would have been a terrible choice and I refuse to believe they would have even offered the part to her.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Is that the polite way of saying "talent"?
    To me, the woman who plays Theon's sister kind of comes across as a slightly smaller Brienne of Tarth. While Lily Allen looks barely taller than Arya Stark.

Mo, stop being a gentleman!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

"Yara" is nothing like "Asha" but the actress still does a pretty good job. Lily would have been terrible in the role. And originally she said she was offered a cameo but Yara's role was always going to be bigger than that so I think Lily is full of shit. Maybe they joked about her doing the role but there's no way she's got the chops to pull it off.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

In that photo of the two of them, it looks like he's embarrassed to be photographed with her.

Does Lily Allen even act at all?
    snoopqueen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    funky, they changed it because in the first seasons there was also the character of Osha who was the Wildling woman that helped out Bran and Rickon and was played by the girl who played Tonks in the Harry Potter movies. I think cause the two names are pronounced the same way, they changed Asha which is kind dumb because I don't think anyone would have confused the two. They were in completely different settings.

I think Lily Allen is jealous of her little brother now that he's way more famous than her :p
    Thank you yanna. Makes a bit sense I think but yeah, no way you would actually confuse those two.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    In that photo of the two of them, it looks like he's embarrassed to be photographed with her.

Does Lily Allen even act at all?

I don't think that i ever heard that she has been into acting but then she is probably like every singer - they think they can design, act, etc.
    rollo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information