Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own

Default Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own

'It's not in my future!' Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own

By CHELSEA WHITE
    PUBLISHED: 00:46, 13 June 2014 | UPDATED: 07:46, 13 June 2014

Eva Longoria has played a mom on television and dedicated herself to helping children's charities, but the star says when it comes to having children of her own, that just is not on the cards.
    The 39-year-old actress was surrounded in children on Wednesday when she revealed there will not be any pitter patter of little feet around her home.
    When asked if having a child is something she thinks about, the Desperate Housewives star told People: 'It's just not in my future.'

+5

Not for her: Eva Longoria revealed she does not want children at the Brita Helps Kids Choose Water at Burbank, California, on Wednesday

While she did not elaborate as to why, it is probably because she does not have much time to spare between acting and producing, as well as running her restaurant and other business ventures, and also her constant appearance schedules.
    On Wednesday alone, the Devious Maids producer started her day at at the Brita Burbank YMCA event to celebrated Brita donating water filtration pitchers to YMCAs across the country.
    Then later that night she then headed to the Women In Film's Lucy + Crystal Awards where she was honoured for her humanitarian work.

+5

Mom material: While she does not want children of her own, the actress had those attending the special YMCA event captivated

+5

+5

Busy lady: Also on Wednesday night the star headed to the Women In Film's Lucy + Crystal Awards where she was honoured for her humanitarian work

The 39-year-old explained to people while she was not having children of her own programs such as the Brita for YMCAs are critical for all children.
    She said: 'With kids, I love their energy and spirit and innocence.
    'It's really important for us to be here today to talk to them about water because that stays with them. Water's the original energy drink. Water is really good for you. Water can be fun.'
    Eva has been married twice - General Hospital star Tyler Christopher from 2002 to 2004 and basketballer Tony Parker from 2007 to 2010 - but has recently found love with Mexican businessman Jose Antonio Baston.

+5

Happy as two: The star has found love with Mexican businessman Jose Antonio Baston, seen here in May

Read more: Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own | Mail Online

Elite Member

It's for the best.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Um, I must have missed where she said she doesn't want children. I read that "it's not in her future." To me, that's a big difference.
    While she did not elaborate as to why, it is probably because she does not have much time to spare between acting and producing, as well as running her restaurant and other business ventures, and also her constant appearance schedules.
    Or she might hate kids. Or she might be unable to have them and has no interest in adoption. She didn't say why, and it's really rude for this "reporter" to continue her speculation. She needs to stfu already.

It's just more bullshit from the daily fail. They don't understand women that don't breed.

I thought that there were rumours while she was with Tony of fertility treatments and miscarriages, but really, her reasons don't matter she's provably been told to be carrel by her PR team so she doesn't alienate her public.

Whatever her reasons, she does a lot of charity work & I wish her well. I was really pleased for her when she got her masters.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

The 39-year-old explained to people while she was not having children of her own programs such as the Brita for YMCAs are critical for all children.
    Yes I'm sure she got up in front of all those school kids and started explaining her childlessness as a great segue to talking about water filtration. Fuck off Fail.
    Novice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

or because she simply doesn't WANT any kids. women are not only made to feel weird for not wanting kids, they're also forced to justify their motives and come up with one that satisfies the UterusWatch™ brigade.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She spoke to People magazine, not the Daily Mail.

She seems to be answering one question definitively and that's fair enough. It's admirable to state you don't want children and then get on with your life which in her case seems demanding and busy. It's the peek-a-boo actresses I can't stand who spin out the same question for 10-20 years.
    BelledeJour and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She spoke to People magazine, not the Daily Mail.
    The comment is in the editorial from the source that YOU posted

Read more: Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own | Mail Online
    She seems to be answering one question definitively and that's fair enough. It's admirable to state you don't want children and then get on with your life which in her case seems demanding and busy. It's the peek-a-boo actresses I can't stand who spin out the same question for 10-20 years.
    1 She doesn't state whether she wants them or not but that they are not in her future. It's not the same thing at all.
    2 Thank GOD you alluded to Jennifer Anniston! No thread on a woman's choice/about having children is complete without the mention of her expired eggs & arid vaginas.
    'It's not in my future!' Eva Longoria rules out having children of her own

When asked if having a child is something she thinks about, the Desperate Housewives star told People: 'It's just not in my future.'

Mom material: While she does not want children of her own, the actress had those attending the special YMCA event captivated

Er ... you don't understand that the Daily Mail is quoting from People magazine? OK then.

I think you'll find YOU mentioned the sainted Jennifer Aniston. I thought this was a serious topic worth posting about but let it degenerate into name calling if you will.

"While she did not elaborate as to why, it is probably because she does not have much time to spare between acting and producing, as well as running her restaurant and other business ventures, and also her constant appearance schedules."

LOL Daily Mail strikes again.

Novice, sputnik and *DIVA! like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Er ... you don't understand that the Daily Mail is quoting from People magazine? OK then.

I think you'll find YOU mentioned the sainted Jennifer Aniston. I thought this was a serious topic worth posting about but let it degenerate into name calling if you will.
    The editorial isn't from people magazine, and it's not quoting her.

Congratulations on the bait and switch, but check your reading comprehension as I'm not name calling.

The commentary isn't from People magazine, as Twitchy pointed out. Happy now?

You two hug it out now.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

No thanks. * Hugs Twitchy instead. *
    Sylkyn likes this.

Elite Member

I don't think any single female actresses/celebrities owe the press an explanation or comments about when/whether they are planning to have children. No one asks Leo DiCaprio or Ryan Gosling about having a family. The press wants to know so they can start the baby bump watch and write articles speculating about their pregnancy status. Screw them. No woman should be made to feel like a failure because she doesn't have children.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information