Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Daniel Day-Lewis are on Queen Elizabeth's Birthday Honours List

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Angelina Jolie and Daniel Day-Lewis are on Queen Elizabeth's Birthday Honours List

Angelina Jolie Made an Honorary Dame by Queen Elizabeth II! | Just Jared

Angelina meeting with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and foreign secretary William Hague on Thursday (June 12) at Clarence House in London, England.

Angelina Jolie has been made an honorary dame by England’s Queen Elizabeth II for her work combating sexual violence in war zones. Angelina will not be able to use the title of “dame” before her name though as she is not a British or Commonwealth citizen.

Previous United States citizens have received honorary knighthoods include director Steven Spielberg, former President Ronald Reagen, and Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

“To receive an honor related to foreign policy means a great deal to me, as it is what I wish to dedicate my working life to,” Angelina said (via Associated Press). Working on PVSI and with survivors of rape is an honour in itself. I know that succeeding in our goals will take a lifetime, and I am dedicated to it for all of mine.”

Angelina Jolie Made an Honorary Dame by Queen Elizabeth II! | Just Jared

ETA:
    'I'm entirely amazed and utterly delighted': Three-time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis to receive a knighthood

• Daniel Day-Lewis, who has won three Oscars, to receive a knighthood
    • Actor, 55, said he was 'amazed and utterly delighted in equal measure'
    • Star, who grew up in London, nominated five times for the best actor Oscar

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Published: 17:51 EST, 13 June 2014 | Updated: 01:32 EST, 14 June 2014

Daniel Day-Lewis said he was 'entirely amazed' to receive a knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours.
    The star is not short of honours - his 2012 Oscar win for Lincoln made him the first man to win three best actor statuettes.
    He said: 'I'm entirely amazed and utterly delighted in equal measure.'

Accolade: Three-time Oscar winner Daniel Day Lewis is to receive a knighthood

Day-Lewis, the son of former poet laureate Cecil Day-Lewis and actress Jill Balcon, has been nominated five times for the best actor Oscar and has a reputation for taking his method acting very seriously.
    Last edited by dougie; June 14th, 2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Edited thread title and first post to include Daniel Day-Lewis receiving a knighthood

Ronald Reagen? Really? Good job, just jared.

Not that I'm a fan, but learn to spell.

Why don't we just be done with it and canonize her?

Haha! Oh boy the haters on femalefirst are going to be fuming over this..

Anyway congrats to her.

czb

and so the transformation is nearly complete. next up: nomination for a nobel prize. or pulitzer for her position paper about why she got an elective mastectomy. the possibilities are endless ....
    blah_blah_blah likes this.

Well....she does do a lot of humanity work. i'll give her that.

Now if only she was still fucking HOT!!
    arie_skop and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Silver Member

Her commitment seems to come from a genuine place, can't hate her for that. She does do a lot on her own without the cameras present.

Although it's unfortunate we do live in a culture of celebrity and it does bring attention to the issue at hand. Don't hate the player, hate the game
    BITTER and Alysheba like this.

I don't like her, and I don't want President Jolie-Pitt and First Lady Brad.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

There will be no living with her.

^^Although arranged like that, the idea is definitely more palatable than "President Pittstain and First Lady Holie-Shitt."
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    There will be no living with her.
    Perfect and I'm sure, true.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I only hear about her "charity work" when cameras are there.

Did she exchange homewrecking tips with Camilla?

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Daniel Day-Lewis to be knighted by Queen Elizabeth - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Fri, Jun 13, 2014
    Dan Keenan
    Fri, Jun 13, 2014, 22:30

Daniel Day-Lewis to be knighted by Queen Elizabeth
    Actor joins Angelina Jolie and more than 1,100 other names on honours list

Daniel Day-Lewis is to be awarded a knighthood after being named in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. Photograph: Ian West/PA Wire

Multi-award-winning actor, and Wicklow resident, Daniel Day-Lewis is to be knighted.

He is one of more than 1,100 people from the UK and beyond to be recognised in Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Honours list.

The holder of three Oscars, four Baftas (all for best actor) and many other awards, Day-Lewis’s roles include Christy Brown in My Left Foot, Abraham Lincoln in the eponymous film, and Gerry Conlon in In The Name Of The Father.

Angelina Jolie, another Academy award winner, is to receive an honorary damehood for her fight against sexual violence in war zones. She co-chaired the End Sexual Violence in Conflict global summit this week and is special envoy for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.

Her name is included on the overseas and diplomatic list.
    Fashion designer Zandra Rhodes is also among those to become a dame.

Also honoured is Stephen Sutton, the internet campaigner and fundraiser (19), who died from bowel cancer last month. His MBE was awarded before his death on May 14th.

Prof Thomas Kibble, senior research fellow and emeritus professor of theoretical physics at Imperial College London, receives a knighthood for his work on the Higgs boson particle.

Judith Gillespie, former PSNI deputy chief constable, is to get a CBE. She already has an OBE.

Northern Ireland Tourist Board chairman Howard Hastings received an OBE. Dr Hastings is also managing director of Hastings Hotels.

There are 95 names on the Northern Ireland list.

Northern Ireland-born born Kelly Gallagher, the first Briton to win a skiing gold medal at the paralympics, receives an MBE.

Warren Gatland, British and Irish Lions rugby coach, gets an OBE while Laura Davies, star of British and Irish golf teams, becomes a dame.

Daniel Day-Lewis to be knighted by Queen Elizabeth - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Fri, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by dougie; June 14th, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information