Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Celine Dion's husband steps down as her manager

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Celine Dion's husband steps down as her manager

Rene Angelil is stepping down as manager of wife Celine Dion, making way for veteran live entertainment exec Aldo Giampaolo to steer her career.

Giampaolo, a former head of Cirque du Soleil's business unit, has been named CEO of Feeling Productions, which oversees Dion's career from Las Vegas.

"Considering our long-standing friendship, our mutual respect, and our past collaborations, this was a logical step for all of us," said Angelil in a statement.

Angelil, who discovered Dion and led her to global stardom, will remain with Feeling Productions as chairman as Giampaolo moves his family to Las Vegas to take control of the company starting in August.

"I am extremely touched and honored to be offered this new challenge, and I see it as a continuation of the close working relationship that Rene and I have enjoyed for the past 25 years," said Giampaolo in his own statement.

THR

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Celine Dion's husband steps down as her manager

Hmm. I wonder if he will step down as husband soon...
    Air Quotes and snoopqueen like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hmmmm... How old is he now? I haven't heard anything about them as a couple for a long time.

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if he will step down as husband soon...
    I was wondering the same thing.

I'm wondering if he's sick again and that's why he's stepping down...
    Novice and Clubber Lang like this.

He creeps me the fuck out! Something about his eyes....

A*O

I think he's sick again and is clearing the decks.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Celine Dion puts career on hold to care for cancer-stricken husband Rene Angelil | Mail Online

'It's a very difficult time' Celine Dion puts career on hold to care for cancer-stricken husband

By Alison Johnson For Mailonline
    Published: 09:53 EST, 13 August 2014 | Updated: 13:25 EST, 13 August 2014

Celine Dion is putting her career on hold to care for her ill husband Rene Angelil.

The 46-year-old singer has canceled her Asia tour, postponed her Las Vegas residency and put any other showbusiness commitments on hold due to Angelil's ongoing health problems.

In December, Angelil, 72, had surgery to remove a cancerous tumour from his throat, which has led to a 'very difficult and stressful time,' Dion said in a statement on Wednesday.

Focus on family: Celine Dion has put her career on hold to care for her cancer-stricken husband Rene Angelil, pictured last June in Las Vegas

The superstar vocalist is cancelling shows that were slated through March 22, 2015, including a tour of Asia planned for the fall and regular shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

Show organisers say Dion also has not recovered from an illness that has inflamed her throat muscles and prevented performances in Las Vegas since July 29.

'I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children,' said the star.

Taking a break: The 46-year-old singer has canceled her Asia tour, postponed her Las Vegas residency and put any other showbusiness commitments on hold due to her husband's health problems

Reaching out to her fans: Celine made the announcement on Wednesday via her official website

'I also want to apologise to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support,' she added.

In June, Angelil retired as Dion's manager after 30 years.

The couple met when Dion was still just a teenager. They then embarked on a romantic relationship when she was 19-year-old and Angelil was 45.

The singer briefly retired from performing in 1999 when her husband was battling throat cancer.

The pair currently live in Las Vegas with their three children.

Her brood: Celine and Rene live in Las Vegas with their three children, twins Nelson and Eddy and son Rene-Charles, pictured together in 2011

Inseparable pair: Celine seen with her husband in November, 2013

Celine Dion puts career on hold to care for cancer-stricken husband Rene Angelil | Mail Online

If he does pass, she will be devastated.

fgg

it must be really bad if she's cancelling everything.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I feel bad for the kids. They're the ones who will grow up without a dad because Celine had to choose grandpa.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She seems to really love him and they have been together forever. I hope he will recover.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I feel bad for the kids. They're the ones who will grow up without a dad because Celine had to choose grandpa.
    yes, it's all celine's fault for not marrying an age appropriate man.
    my dad had me at 27 and dropped dead at 51. sure, my mom covered her bases by marrying a guy two years younger than her but i'm sure i can find a way to blame her for it.
    seriously, what is it with you and always looking for a woman to blame when shit happens? it's always women's fault for having kids too old. and it's women's fault for marriyng a guy who's too old. and if a man leaves his wife and children, it's the mistress' fault because it's not like men can control their penises or anything.
    i feel sorry for you and all that internalised misogyny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My foster parents ending their fostering and raised me when they were in their late 40's. They passed 10 and 20 years ago.
    I don't regret it nor blame them one damn bit! I was BLESSED to have such wonderful and amazing people in my life. I am who I am because of them.

I'm positive Rene's children will feel the same. They are loved. THAT is what's important. Not the parent's age.
    sputnik likes this.

Humphrey Bogart was 25 years older than Lauren Bacall; same with Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones. And Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood have about the same difference in years. It happens. I'll admit, sometimes those unions do shock me a little, I won't lie, but hey, consenting adults and all of that. I think Rene and Celine truly love one another though. I hope he recovers.
    brindle likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information