Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Melanie Griffith Files for Divorce?

Default Melanie Griffith Files for Divorce?

According to Enty Lawyer on Twitter: "Anyone who reads the site shouldn't be even the least bit shocked that Melanie Griffith filed for divorce." Can't find anything else on it yet.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Well I still feel sorry for long-suffering Antonio. Cheating and all. She sounds like a real crazy piece of work.
    snoopqueen and darksithbunny like this.

Brookie likes this.

she sucked all of the hawt out of him, then dumped him.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thanks, rollo!
    rollo likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Wow, she filed??? That's the only surprise here.

aw i'm sad. i thought they'd last forever. he cheated, she drank, it seemed to work for them.
    chartreuse, Jazzy, sluce and 6 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

From Yahoo Celebrity:

One of Hollywood's longest-tenured couples has called it quits, as Melanie Griffith filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas.

Griffith, 56, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for their split after 18 years of marriage. The Working Girl actress is also asking for spousal support, child support, and sole physical and joint legal custody of their daughter, Stella. However, Stella turns 18 in September.

One day before divorce news broke, Griffith attended the AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards Gala honoring Jane Fonda — solo.

"She seemed to be in good spirits," a guest tells Yahoo. "She was enjoying what looked like a girls' night out."

View gallery
    Eva Longoria, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Melanie Griffith at AFI tribute (Getty Images)
    Griffith stuck close to Eva Longoria for most of the night, and chatted with Catherine Zeta-Jones during dinner. The actress was also still wearing her wedding ring (and sporting her "Antonio" tattoo).
    Banderas, 53, and Griffith have battled breakup rumors for years, most recently when The Legend of Zorro actor attended the Cannes Film Festival without his wife. The last time the couple was photographed together was on March 16 when they were spotted at LAX walking hand in hand.

In 2011, Banderas opened up about their marital problems and Griffith's addiction to painkillers.

"We have had as many problems as anybody. We've never hidden it," Banderas shared in AARP magazine. "We've been open about addictions, in the case of Melanie. She has overcome her problems beautifully. I didn’t know she was so strong. It makes me love her even more, because she has been an unbelievable lion fighting, and she got it. The last [relapse] was three years ago, and it just welded us."

Banderas continued: "The whole family participated [in therapy]. We did all the therapies together — the kids, everybody. It was a very unique experience, not only for Melanie. It was very rewarding at the end."

However, in a separate interview, Griffith didn't remember it quite that way.

"I'm sorry to say, that's in his mind," she told AARP. "I started on pain pills when I hurt my knee skiing and just kept taking them. The kids knew; Dakota and Stella called me on it. Antonio was in London at the time. I went away to rehab for three months; it took 10 days just to detox. We had two family weeks there, but we didn't follow through. Antonio was supportive to the extent that he can be, but if you're not an alcoholic or drug addict, and you find out that your wife is a bad one, it's hard to deal with. As long as I'm okay, he's okay. I wish he would go to a meeting with me or to Al-Anon, but it's very foreign to him. Addiction runs in my family but not in his."

Griffith has two children from previous relationships, son Alexander, 28, and daughter Dakota Johnson, 24, who is also the star of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Banderas and Griffith met in 1995 on the set of Two Much, when they were both married to other people. One month after both of their divorces were finalized, they tied the knot in a low-key ceremony in London on May 14, 1996. Griffith gave birth to Stella four months later.

This will be Griffith's fourth divorce, and Banderas's second. She was married twice before to Don Johnson, and also to Steve Bauer. Banderas was previously married to Ana Leza.

I always thought that if they are going to split, he will be the one that files for the divorce not the other way round.
    cherrypye likes this.

Steven Bauer was hot as hell.

Between her boozing and drugging and his cheating, I'm not surprised. She's better off....and so is he.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Here's the Daily Fail article:

Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas SPLIT as she 'files for divorce after 18 years of marriage citing irreconcilable differences'

By HEIDI PARKER
    PUBLISHED: 17:37, 6 June 2014 | UPDATED: 19:08, 6 June 2014

They had one of the most enduring Hollywood marriages.

But after 18 years of wedded unity, Melanie Griffith has filed for divorce from 53-year-old Antonio Banderas, according to a Friday report from TMZ.

The 56-year-old actress, who has reportedly hired power attorney Laura Wasser, has cited irreconcilable differences.

+13

Split: Melanie Griffith has filed for divorce from husband of 18 years Antonio Banderas, pictured together in 2012, according to a Friday report from TMZ

The site claims to have seen legal documents on the filing. No date of separation was listed.
    The couple, who fell in love on the set of the 1995 film Two Much, have been plagued by split rumors for most of this year.

Griffith is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of their 17-year-old daughter Stella.
    The Working Girl star is also asking for spousal support.

+13

No problems here: The Working Girl actress with Eva Longoria at the AFI Tribute to Jane Fonda in LA on Thursday

+13

The dream is over: The last time the couple were spotted together in public was on their return from what seemed to be a happy holiday in the Bahamas in March

Sources tell TMZ the split is 'amicable.' This will be Melanie's fourth divorce: she was twice married to Don Johnson and also married to Steve Bauer. It's Banderas' second divorce.
    Griffith looked to be in good spirits Thursday evening at the AFI tribute to Jane Fonda, and smiled as she walked the carpet holding hands with Eva Longoria, still wearing her wedding band.

Her spokesperson has not yet returned calls to MailOnline.
    As recently as March, the couple seemed happy, Melanie even tweeted a shirtless picture of her husband on a in the Bahamas.

+13

'Antonio!!!!!' Griffith tweeted a shirtless picture of her husband Antonio while on an incredible seaside holiday in the Bahamas in Marach

+13

Unstoppable passion: Banderas and Griffith were drawn to each other on the set of 1995's Two Much, despite being married to other people

But the last time they were pictured together in public was as they arrived back to L.A. following that break; the pair were grim-faced but their hands still tightly entwined.

Then in May, eyebrows were raised when Banderas was pictured in a very friendly embrace with another woman.

The couple have always been vocal about the strength of their love, Antonio once revealed that he's fallen in love with Melanie numerous times over their 18-year marriage.

'I wouldn’t be able to count, but it’s a lot,' the Machete Kills star told Hello magazine back in 2010.

'There are days that I’ve fallen in love with her many times over, because of things that she’s done. For example, we have a real laugh taking photos.

'There have been times with our daughter that we couldn’t even take the picture because Melanie was cracking up. I’d look at her, so happy, so beautiful, so healthy, and for me it was a reaffirmation.'

+13

'They gave us six months': As Antonio has explained, the pair - here at the premiere of Desperado in 1995 - were pretty much written off at the very beginning

+13

'I wouldn't be able to count, but it's a lot!' The 53-year-old actor once revealed that he's fallen in love with Melanie numerous times over their 18-year marriage

The three-time Golden Globe nominee continued: 'There were people who literally [gave our marriage] six months! But we love each other and above all we love our family.'

Griffith clearly felt the same butterflies, telling the mag: 'Being with him has taught me a lot about passion for life.'

The Hollywood power couple are parents to 17-year-old daughter Stella, who appeared in Antonio's 1999 directorial debut Crazy in Alabama.

The mother-of-three also has a 23-year-old daughter Dakota with ex-husband Don Johnson, and a 27-year-old son Alexander with ex-husband Steven Bauer.

+13

Strong: Banderas and Griffith flanked their daughter Stella at a Marbella charity gala in 2012

+13

Blended family: The Hollywood power couple are parents to daughter Stella, 17 (R), and the Cecil B. Demented star also has a daughter Dakota, 23 (M), and son Alexander, 27 with exes

The couple recently finished working on the sci-fi thriller Automata and Antonio just directed Melanie in Akil, due for a December release.

They have also weathered storms together, Griffith has been to rehab three times for addictions to cocaine, painkillers in alcohol, and two of those - in 2000 and 2009, were during her marriage to Banderas.
    In 2009, Griffith also underwent surgery for skin cancer.

The Pacific Heights star once admitted that when she was 10 she would drink wine 'like a soft drink. I was medicating myself so I could escape my pain and insecurities.'

+13

Getting close to other women? Antonio was pictured in this embrace in Cannes after the Expendables 3 premiere

+13

Inked: The star still proudly shows off her Antonio tattoo

Griffith, now vocal and active worker for addiction charities, has openly talked about her wild years, and how she started to drink when Hitchcock blonde mother Tippi Hedron was busy with work.

Her battle to stay sober has proved a real challenge for the couple, with the Working Girl star admitting in the past she would like her husband to be more involved in her recovery.

In 2011, an interview with AARP magazine highlighted how the pair have differing recollections of dealing with her most recent relapse.

As Banderas recalled, both himself and their children were present through her struggle, saying: 'We did all the therapies together.'

But Griffith, who sat down for a separate interview with the publication, didn't agree.

+13

Unbreakable: After initial doubts were unfounded, it became accepted that Banderas and Griffith were one of the strongest relationships in showbiz

+13

Assets: The pair have shared interests in a abundance, not least their Spanish style mansion in Hancock Park

'I'm sorry to say, that's in his mind, ' she says. 'I started on pain pills when I hurt my knee skiing and just kept taking them. The kids knew; Dakota and Stella called me on it. Antonio was in London at the time.

'I went away to rehab for three months; it took 10 days just to detox. We had two family weeks there, but we didn't follow through.'

She explained: 'Antonio was supportive to the extent that he can be, but if you're not an alcoholic or drug addict, and you find out that your wife is a bad one, it's hard to deal with. ... I wish he would go to a meeting with me or to Al-Anon, but it's very foreign to him. Addiction runs in my family but not in his.

'I don't mean that against him. I would like him to do more, but it's a difficult thing to have happen in any family, and in that way he has been totally by my side. He really is the greatest guy.'

Until recently, they both spoke fondly of each other as they recalled the moment they first met on the set of Two Much in 1995 when they were married to other people.

'I saw this sweet, vulnerable soul, funny, also very smart and generous,' says Banderas.

'I saw her with her kids, and she was so beautiful as a mom.'

Griffith says: 'The first thing he asked me was my age.

'I said, "That's the rudest thing anyone has asked me first." But there was something about him.

'Still is. I just love him.'

Read more:

Read more: Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas SPLIT as she files for divorce after 18 years of marriage citing irreconcilable differences | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    rollo and dougie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think this has been coming for a while now.
    Jazzy and Callalily like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Is there anything she can do to fix her face at this point? This is a serious question. I know so little about cosmetic surgery except what I read here at GR. (but since I hit my 50s I am becoming much more interested....
    aggie and *DIVA! like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Steven Bauer was hot as hell.
    I saw him on One Day at a Time in 1981 when I was 11 and I've been in love ever since.

I gotta hand it to her, she snagged 3 good-looking husbands.

My question is...what happens to the "Antonio" tattoo? Maybe she can do one of those "Wino 4-ever" kind of things now.
    Jazzy, sluce and Lily Bleu like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information