Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comment About Her Children With Tom Cruise

Default Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comment About Her Children With Tom Cruise

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...155916727.html

Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comment About Her Children With Tom Cruise
    By Suzy Byrne3 hours agoYahoo Celebrity

Nicole Kidman speaks out about Connor and Isabella. (Getty Images)
    It's been years since Nicole Kidman has been seen with her elder children — Connor and Isabella Cruise — but she has nothing but kind words to say about them.

In a new interview with the Australian magazine Women's Weekly, the Grace of Monaco star, 46, gushed about family life with Keith Urban, saying that the "most important" things to her in life are "the love of our relationship and my children," including the pair's two daughters: Sunday, 5, and Faith, 3. "The joy I get from us as a family outweighs any joy in any other area of my life, by far."

As for her kids with ex-husband Tom Cruise, who lived with their dad after the couple's highly publicized 2001 divorce and whom she hasn't been photographed with since about 2006, she told the mag that she's proud of the adults they have become.

"They have both chosen to pursue creative and artistic fields and are doing brilliantly," she said of 19-year-old Connor, a globe-trotting DJ, and 21-year-old Bella, an aspiring artist. "They are generous, kind and hardworking. And these are traits that I love to see in my children."

While just three sentences, this is the most Kidman has said about Connor and Bella, who were both adopted after she experienced painstaking infertility issues, in recent years.

In 2013, she was asked about Scientology, which was reportedly behind her split from Cruise, during an interview with the Hollywood Reporter and quickly shut down the conversation. "I've chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology. I have two children who are Scientologists … and I utterly respect their beliefs," she said. Several months earlier she was more candid, telling Australia's Who magazine, "All of my children are highlights of my life. I remember when we adopted Bella, her looking at me for the very first time. That is extremely powerful, like a kind of birth, too. They are my biggest joys."

Prior to that, Kidman ignited rumors about a troubled relationship between mother and children with her infamous 2007 comment, "My kids don’t call me mommy, they don't even call me mom. They call me 'Nicole,' which I hate and tell them off for it." And a few years later, Bella fueled the fire by telling Australia's New Idea, "I love mom. She's my mom. She's great," but indicated that they rarely see each other. "I see her sometimes and I speak to her," she said.

However, just months ago, Connor said there is nothing but love between them.

"I love my mum. I don't care what people say," he told Australia's Woman's Day magazine in March. "I know that me and mum are solid. I love her a lot. My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else."

Sounds like a mutual admiration society — at least publicly.
    Last edited by sluce; May 29th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

WTF with this post?
    sluce and darksithbunny like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Sluce, could you tell me more about the dental implants please?
    sluce and Laurent like this.

LOL! What, you didn't want me to keep all the links so you could learn how to turn a can of tuna into a real meal?
    KrisNine, Laurent and cheray like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    LOL! What, you didn't want me to keep all the links so you could learn how to turn a can of tuna into a real meal?
    Ooh, I love tuna. Tell me more!

LOL - It was actually very easy. While pasta is boiling, add can of tuna to small pan in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add some garlic, capers and plum tomatoes. Add some white wine and let it simmer a little. Then toss with pasta and drizzle with a little more olive oil if desired.

I grew up with my family making tuna spaghetti. They used Progresso tuna in olive oil. The brown it in a pan with a little extra olive oil. Then add a small can of tomato paste and let it cook for a few minutes. Then they pour in a bottle of beer and let it simmer with some more spices - I remember garlic, oregano and crush red pepper. I loved it and should ask my Mom for the full recipe if there is one. I think it's one of those dishes that you just throw together.

Best threadjack I've seen in a while. From Nicole Kidman to tuna in 4 easy posts!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I think that recipe would be good with some cilantro!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Serve with vodka followed by sex and you've got a complete and nutritious thread.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

We're like a one stop shop here.

Sluce, that tuna recipe sounds good.
    sluce likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    LOL - It was actually very easy. While pasta is boiling, add can of tuna to small pan in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add some garlic, capers and plum tomatoes. Add some white wine and let it simmer a little. Then toss with pasta and drizzle with a little more olive oil if desired.

I grew up with my family making tuna spaghetti. They used Progresso tuna in olive oil. The brown it in a pan with a little extra olive oil. Then add a small can of tomato paste and let it cook for a few minutes. Then they pour in a bottle of beer and let it simmer with some more spices - I remember garlic, oregano and crush red pepper. I loved it and should ask my Mom for the full recipe if there is one. I think it's one of those dishes that you just throw together.
    Ugh, I just dry heaved. Hot canned tuna gets me every time. My husband adores Tuna Helper. :vomits:

CL** likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Exciting stuff. This thread is riveting.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Ugh, I just dry heaved. Hot canned tuna gets me every time. My husband adores Tuna Helper. :vomits:
    And you married him? *shudder* mine likes hot tuna on pizza..... What is it with them?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Canned tuna should only be eaten by cats. Although I did know someone who ate canned tuna everyday to stay thin. Tuna, crackers, and lemon for lunch.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information