Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: God Gave Toni Braxtonís Son Autism Because She Got an Abortion

mjw
    Elite Member

Default God Gave Toni Braxtonís Son Autism Because She Got an Abortion

In Toni Braxton’s memoir, Unbreak My Heart, she says God punished her for her abortion by giving her son autism. The lord works in mysterious and dickish ways.

“I was suddenly faced with a choice I’d never thought I’d have to make. Amid my major misgivings about abortion, I eventually made the gut-wrenching decision… In my heart, I believed I had taken a life — an action that I thought God might one day punish me for. … My initial rage was quickly followed by another strong emotion: guilt. I knew I’d taken a life… I believed God’s payback was to give my son autism.”

Braxton was on the prescription acne medication Accutane when she found out she was pregnant. One of the side effects of the drug is birth defects so she chose to get an abortion. When she later had children with her now ex-husband, she discovered her son Diezel had autism. She eventually came to the conclusion that God had pointed at her like an angry clinic protestor and screamed, “Baby killer!,” before putting autism in her son.

Well… um… at least she’s not blaming vaccines so there’s that. Oh, wait. I just didn’t read far enough.

“Maybe it’s just a coincidence that after my son’s first MMR vaccine, I began to notice changes in him,” she writes, saying that her son wasn’t as spirited as when she brought him home from the hospital. She writes that her son wasn’t responsive to affection.

God Gave Toni Braxton's Son Autism Because She Got an Abortion | The Blemish

It's sad that she blames herself for her son's autism, but she sounds like she has some major issues. It's almost impressive how she manages to be both offensive and alarmist on three hot button issues in a single interview, though.

ETA: Just reread. Not an interview, an except from her memoir. Still impressively crazy.
    Last edited by manningmsj; May 22nd, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Self centered cunt. What kind of god worth worshipping would give a child a neurological disorder for something it's parent did anyway?
    Lalasnake, Sarzy, SHELLEE and 16 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

At my derm's office, they make you sign a form promising you are on birth control and that you will terminate any pregnancy you might concieve while on accutane. I don't know if that's legal or not, but they are dead serious about it. Pregnancy while on accutane is bad news.

As to the rest of this story...

JazzyGirl likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Elite Member

God punished her for having an abortion by giving her son autism? Wow. What a complete bunch of crazy ass bullshit that is. Because autism is a punishment from God. Wow. Just. Wow. Funny, I have always felt my son was a blessing. Guess I am being punished. Honestly, even just typing that makes me sick. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Yet another celeb who thinks autism is the worst thing in the world. That's just great. That will really help develop understanding of neurodiversity in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    At my derm's office, they make you sign a form promising you are on birth control and that you will terminate any pregnancy you might concieve while on accutane. I don't know if that's legal or not, but they are dead serious about it. Pregnancy while on accutane is bad news.

As to the rest of this story...

I thought the same thing that if you were of child bearing age you had to be on birth control if you were taking accutane , it's a class X drug which has the worse side effects. The fact that she got pregnant while on Accutane just shows how irresponsible she is. She should be ashamed that she equated a child with Autism to some wrath of God .
    ManxMouse likes this.

She is a fruit loopy cunt but I get the guilt, I still battle with it myself.
    Belt Up likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

That's insanity. They have absolutely no right to make anyone sign any such thing. The first tenant of medicine is Do No Harm. Why would you make a promise swear harm to a child? Oh, that's right, to cover their asses from lawsuits. What a bunch of mother fucking assholes.

Re Tulips post:

That's insanity. They have absolutely no right to make anyone sign any such thing. The first tenant of medicine is Do No Harm. Why would you make a promise swear harm to a child? Oh, that's right, to cover their asses from lawsuits. What a bunch of mother fucking assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    God punished her for having an abortion by giving her son autism? Wow. What a complete bunch of crazy ass bullshit that is. Because autism is a punishment from God. Wow. Just. Wow. Funny, I have always felt my son was a blessing. Guess I am being punished. Honestly, even just typing that makes me sick. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Yet another celeb who thinks autism is the worst thing in the world. That's just great. That will really help develop understanding of neurodiversity in our world.
    I'm sure her son is going to love finding out that his mother considers him a punishment.
    GRuser1, ManxMouse, Lenny and 2 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

In an interview about her book, she said

"I thought I was being punished for having had an abortion. But I realized there is nothing wrong with my baby. He just learns differently."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    In an interview about her book, she said

"I thought I was being punished for having had an abortion. But I realized there is nothing wrong with my baby. He just learns differently."
    But you can't take that shit back. And it's out there. Like Faithanne said -- it's going to be just lovely when he reads/hears this load of crap from his own mother. Same with McCarthy's son. She wrote some stuff in her book that is going to hurt her child. Fucking idiots.
    GRuser1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    No,Bella. They are trying to do no harm. This is from Webmd.

Accutane, also known as isotretinoin, is known to cause birth defects, including brain, heart, and face deformities, if women take it while pregnant. Because of this, it is recommended that women of childbearing age taking the drug be tested for pregnancy before starting it and then repeatedly during their treatment. They should also use two forms of birth control while on the medication.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hey y'all, it's God's latest gig: revenge on humanity for past sins. "Shame on you! WATCH THIS!!!"

rockchick likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I can't deal with that kind of thinking. When I was very young Grandma Kitty used to have some Irish friends who'd come over to stay and one of their sons was in a wheelchair. The mother had been told by their priest that it was God's punishment for some sin she had committed and not sought absolution for. Even though I wasn't into double digits I can remember thinking that their God must be a total dick to say something like that.
    Lalasnake and BoogsBun like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information