Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Jessica Alba: "I Never Slept My Way Through Hollywood"

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Jessica Alba: "I Never Slept My Way Through Hollywood"

Jessica Alba has no problem steaming up the screen while portraying cowgirl-inspired stripper Nancy Callahan in Frank Millerís Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Yet in real life, the wife and mother of two wants to make it very clear she's no exhibitionist on her own time.

"Sex is absolutely what helps sell this movie, which is fine with me," Alba tells Entertainment Weekly in its latest cover story. "I'm also playing a character when people are taking pictures of me. That's what I do, but it is not who I am."

In fact, Alba, 33, makes it clear she's really, really different than the sex symbol label that has been attached to her over the years.

''I never slept my way through Hollywood, so I never felt like I compromised. Apparently people do it, I didn't. I felt like I never compromised myself because I'm a prude. I don't know. I grew up Catholic. In my head I'm always thinking, 'Oh God, can my grandma see this?,' " she says.

Alba says the sex symbol label was confusing at first, since it's always been at odds with the way she views herself.

"I'm kind of a prude, and I didn't really understand," she says. "They would always ask me provocative questions about my sexuality, my this or that."

"Sometimes I would lie and say something that wasn't true to make myself seem more interesting than I was," says Alba, who runs a multimillion-dollar Honest Company while being a hands-on parent to daughters Honor, 6 next month, and Haven, 2 Ĺ, with husband Cash Warren. "I mean, I didn't even know how to walk in heels until I went to the Golden Globes for the first time."

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Jessica Alba: "I Never Slept My Way Through Hollywood"

Bullshit, she must be sleeping with someone. It's the only explanation for why she's getting interviews and magazine covers. I mean, has she done anything of note ever? Has she done anything at all in the past few years? I think I've asked this in a thread of hers before, but it baffles me that she gets any attention at all. Seriously, what does she do?

''I never slept my way through Hollywood, so I never felt like I compromised. Apparently people do it, I didn't.

The way this is worded makes me think she totally did.

Belt Up likes this.

Elite Member

I always felt like James Cameron was obsessed with her or something. The way he would talk about her and her body was really creepy.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I always felt like James Cameron was obsessed with her or something. The way he would talk about her and her body was really creepy.
    He did Dark Angel, that she was in, didn't he?
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post

''I never slept my way through Hollywood, so I never felt like I compromised. Apparently people do it, I didn't. I felt like I never compromised myself because I'm a prude. I don't know.

Apparently?! As if she didn't know, have seen, or been approached with the "casting couch situation" herself? Please.
    That word alone makes me think she's full of sh*t.
    Plus, it's not like married producers and directors are going to publicly comment that they did...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

In terms of a career right now, she is nowhere. I certainly hope you don't have to sleep with someone to go there. That's like the high school freshman who buys a pass to the non-existent school pool.
    BITTER and hustle4alivin like this.

She may not have slept her way through Hollywood, but her "acting" certainly puts audiences to sleep.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

But she has used her looks to get her roles and magazine covers. No one cares about her acting.
    Belt Up and snoopqueen like this.

Maybe she doesn't count oral and anal.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^ I don't mean to single you out but there are people in this world who don't bang everything/everyone the minute they get a chance. I know a lot of people who are not casual about their sexuality and who they share it with. Not everyone who says so it a liar.

WhatEVER.

She annoys me, but I believe her.

She hasn't really been put in any high profile or prolific roles, where she doesn't make sense. All of her roles (unless I am forgetting roles), are really just "body" roles.
    Kittylady likes this.

She hasn't been put in any high profile or prolific roles because she's a shit actress. Sure, some shit actresses get through the proverbial crack, but not all. I don't know or care if this is true but it is bizarre how she's lingered on for YEARS doing nothing.
    Jazzy likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^^ She is such a shit actress.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information