Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Channing Tatum says he is a 'high- functioning alcoholic'

Default Channing Tatum says he is a 'high- functioning alcoholic'

'I drink too much': Channing Tatum brands himself a 'high-functioning alcoholic' as he opens up about his wild streak

By JENNIFER PEARSON
    PUBLISHED: 17:28, 20 May 2014 | UPDATED: 21:48, 20 May 2014

Channing Tatum didn't earn the nickname 'Chanimal' for nothing.
    The 34-year-old heartthrob revealed he's still a wild and crazy guy in the June 2014 issue of GQ.
    Channing, who is pictured taking a flying leap over a pool in the glossy magazine spread, took a similar leap in admitting he's a 'high-functioning alcoholic' who equates drinking 'to having a good time.'

+7

Flying leap: Channing Tatum took a flying leap when he revealed to GQ's June issue that he likes to party and that he's 'probably a pretty high-functioning... alcoholic'

The Magic Mike star indicates that marriage to his longtime sweetheart Jenna Dewan hasn't changed his wild ways.
    Channing told GQ: 'My wife, that's what she bought into... I'm probably a pretty high-functioning, I guess, you know, I would say, alcoholic, I guess.
    'There's probably a tendency to escape. I equate it to creativity, and I definitely equate it to having a good time,' he said of how he feels when he drinks.

But Channing indicated that he did cut back on the partying after Jenna gave birth to daughter Everly last year in May, and he pledges not to drink during the four months of filming that's required on the Magic Mike sequel.
    'Then, at the end of that movie, it's go time,' he told GQ.

+7

Playing domestic: The 34-year-old actor showed he can whip up a mean breakfast too at the home he shares with wife Jenna Dewan

+7

Party animal: Channing admitted he loves living wild and that's what his wife Jenna 'bought into'

Channing told GQ: 'I get one shot at life, and I can say that I've lived a crazy one, and I've pushed the limit almost at every turn. I'm super proud of that.'
    The 6 ft 1 in hunk is pictured looking devilishly handsome on the cover, wearing a light blue shirt with short sleeves to show off his tanned and brawny biceps.
    The photo spread features a picture of Channing taking a flying leap over the pool to catch a frisbee at what appears to the home he shares with actress wife Jenna Dewan.
    But he makes a point to display his domestic side while frying eggs in the couple's cosy kitchen.

+7

Baby makes three: Channing and Jenna welcomed daughter Everly in May of last year, but the actor is the first to admit that hasn't changed his wild ways

Channing's partying hasn't seemed to affect his strong bond with Jenna, whom he wed in 2009.

The actor jumped into parenthood with the same gusto, telling the magazing: 'We had sort of a crazy, harebrained idea to try and have a kid, and it happened the first time, basically. I don't think we thought it all the way through.'
    That doubt faded as soon as the couple's daughter Everly was born on May 31, 2013 in London.

+7

Mister Mardi Gras: The 21 Jump Street hunk hung out on a balcony with pals during Mardi Gras in New Orleans on February 2, 2013

+7

That's the spirit: Who can forget Channing tossing the traditional Mardi Gras bead necklaces to revelers below

'We were happy as hell about it,' Channing told GQ.
    When Tatum was a boy, his mother nicknamed him 'Chanimal' because he was such a firecracker.
    'I would make a mess out of anything and climb anything. I feel really bad, now that I have a child and I know how hard it is,' Channing said.

'I've asked her since then, "Was I a bad kid?" She just gets this look on her face. "You weren't bad, you were just really... busy."'
    Last year alone, Channing completed four films back-to-back - White House Down, Jupiter Ascending, 22 Jump Street and Foxcatcher that just premiered at Cannes Film Festival - AND he became a dad.
    So nothing seems to have changed much.

+7

Suave: The 6 ft 1 in actor was pretty strapping in a tux as he hit up the Cannes Film Festival premiere of his latest movie Foxcatcher on Sunday

Read more: Channing Tatum brands himself 'high-functioning alcoholic' in GQ | Mail Online

That may explain the carb face and wooden plank acting if he is this sloshed all the time....

more like high functioning mentally disabled. just look at his dumb face.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He's a fugly meathead dude bro. Pretty much the antithesis of what I find attractive in a man.
    Wilson, palta, Alysheba and 11 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^Right on, sista!
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

He didn't just hit the wall, he shagged and murdered it. He's never looked this bad before. Even photoshop isn't helping.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Yay! Women who don't see the appeal of Channing Tatum!

I don't get how people find him attractive. Carb face is a great description.
    Serendipity likes this.

I like his body when he is in shape, and the way he moves it!! Helps in over looking the carb face, or,...there is always a paper bag.
    shedevilang likes this.

We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

if you look into his eyes you can almost hear the 'duh' that plays inside his head 24/7.
    CL**, Mivvi21 and Callalily like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm sure his daughter will love reading this story one day since her father will be dead from liver failure.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It does explain why his face just exploded in the past few years, he never used to be so bloaty
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Isn't "high functioning" only in the mind of the alcoholic that actually believes they are?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bronze Member

He really owns the derp face now. No escaping it.

He looks like he's got cotton wool instead of a brain between his ears, what a moron he is.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information