Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie: Rich, Famous Moms "Shouldn't Complain"

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Angelina Jolie: Rich, Famous Moms "Shouldn't Complain"

Angelina Jolie: Rich, Famous Moms "Shouldn't Complain," "Have Much More Support Than Most"

Hear that, Gwyneth? Angelina Jolie knows how good she has it. The Oscar-winning actress, 38, said in a new interview with the New York Daily News that she is aware that she has "much more support than most people."

"I’m not a single mom with two jobs trying to get by every day," the Maleficent star said. "I have much more support than most people, most women in this world. And I have the financial means to have a home and health care and food."

Jolie is famously the mother to six children with longtime partner Brad Pitt. The couple parents son Maddox, 12, son Pax, 10, daughter Zahara, 9, daughter Shiloh, 7, son Knox, 5, and daughter Vivienne, 5.

In addition to her starring role in the upcoming Maleficent, Jolie is also lending her voice to Kung Fu Panda 3 and directing the Coen brothers-assisted war drama Unbroken. She continued, "When I feel I’m doing too much, I do less, if I can. And that’s why I’m in a rare position where I don’t have to do job after job. I can take time when my family needs it."

"I actually feel that women in my position, when we have all at our disposal to help us, shouldn’t complain," Jolie, who is worth a reported combined $270 million with Pitt, said. "Consider all the people who really struggle and don’t have the financial means, don’t have the support, and many people are single raising children. That’s hard."

One actress who does not seem to agree with Jolie's sense of perspective is Gwyneth Paltrow. The Goop businesswoman lamented her struggles of maintaining her film career while raising children in a recent interview with E! News.

"It's much harder for me," mother-to-two Paltrow, 41, said. "I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening."

"When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult," she continued. "I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as… of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set."

Read more: Angelina Jolie: Rich, Famous Moms "Shouldn't Complain" - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    ariesallover likes this.

Definite shade thrown at Gwyneth. LOL

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

^^^ yeah, not subtle at all. but i agree with her.
    sluce, Beeyotch, KrisNine and 4 others like this.

She's totally right.
    McJag, Beeyotch, Angeli and 3 others like this.

Gold Member

I'm not a Jolie fan but this definitely raises my opinion of her. I actually think it's easier to be more "relatable" when you are real, rather than Goopy who is just absurd. And that's her whole goal, to get the common folk to like her!

Yeah, Angelina has got it right even though she refers to 'a' home when she has plenty of homes and her wealth is unimaginable to most people.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Elite Member

Angie is right. Goop, who can afford nannies & can afford to fly home for the weekends has no idea what some mothers and fathers have to go through. Some mothers work 2 full time jobs to keep a roof over the family's head and food on the table. Don't whine because you have to work long hours for 10 weeks, and get paid over $1,000,000. when it's over.

Love Jolie so much
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Total shot at Goop. Nailed it.

Angelina is growing on me little by little. I always forget Brad used to date the stick up the ass Gwen.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I love Angelina! She's not delusional like Goop.
    Lily Bleu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Angelina is growing on me little by little. I always forget Brad used to date the stick up the ass Gwen.
    Me too.

Oh the shade!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

How could anyone NOT agree with Angie? I mean if Gwen hates it so much she can quit and live off of her wealth for the rest of her natural life. Most of those "real" women who work that office job will be sitting there at that office til they die trying to support themselves and their family. GTFO

Go Ang!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information