Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Actor Michael Jace Detained by LAPD After Wife's Shooting Death

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Actor Michael Jace Detained by LAPD After Wife's Shooting Death

Actor Michael Jace arrested over fatal shooting of wife April Jace at home in Los Angeles - CBS News

Actor Michael Jace arrested over fatal shooting of wife April Jace at home in Los Angeles
    CBS News May 20, 2014, 2:57 AM

Michael Jace attends WordTheatre presents Storytales at Ford Amphitheatre on Saturday, Oct, 6, 2012, in Los Angeles, California. AP
    Last Updated May 20, 2014 6:32 AM EDT

Actor Michael Jace was arrested early Tuesday morning by Los Angeles police over the fatal shooting of his wife, April Jace, KCBS reported.

According to KCAL and KCBS, police responded to a "domestic violence" incident at a home in the Hyde Park neighborhood of south Los Angeles after neighbors reported hearing gunfire Monday evening. Responding officers found April Jace dead with gunshot wounds to her body.

KCAL's Andrea Fujii reported that Michael Jace was detained for questioning but not charged with any crime Monday evening.

Police confirmed to KCBS, however, that the actor was officially placed under arrest in connection with the shooting in the early morning hours of Tuesday. The Los Angeles Police said Jace was cooperating.

Jace is best known for his roles on television shows "The Shield" and "Southland," and featured with Russell Crowe in the 2009 political thriller "State of Play."

Police confirmed to the CBS stations in Los Angeles that Jace was the only man detained in connection to the shooting, and that his wife was the deceased.

Actor Michael Jace arrested over fatal shooting of wife April Jace at home in Los Angeles - CBS News

'The Shield' Star Michael Jace -- Called Cops ... 'I Shot My Wife' | TMZ.com

'The Shield' Star
    Called Cops ...
    'I Shot My Wife'

5/20/2014 1:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive Details

UPDATE 3:51 AM PT: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Jace's 2 kids witnessed him allegedly shooting and killing their mom. The kids -- both under 10 -- were extremely upset and taken to the police station. We're told cops are angry it took Children's Services 4 hours to get to the station and take the kids to the home of a family member where they could be comforted.

Jace is being book for murder.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor Michael Jace called police himself to report his wife had been shot, and he had pulled the trigger Monday night in Los Angeles... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement sources Jace called 911 around 8:30 PM and told police ... "I shot my wife."

We're told Jace's neighbors in the Hyde Park area of L.A. had reported shots fired in the home ... and shortly thereafter Jace made his call to 911.

Sources tell us the actor stayed on the phone, as instructed, until LAPD arrived and found his 40-year-old wife, April Jace dead.

We're told Jace was home alone when his wife arrived with their kids ... a short time later he allegedly shot her.

Jace -- best know as Detective Lowe from "The Shield" -- was taken into custody, and as of 1:00 AM Tuesday ... was being questioned, but had not been booked for his wife's death.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/20/michae...#ixzz32GDaWkc0

Er, wtf?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Geez WTH is going on with people?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh how wonderful that the poor YOUNG children were witness to this. They'll never be the same. I can't think of a strong enough word for this POS.

It's unacceptable that it took 4 hours for children's services to get to those kids. That breaks my heart.
    CL**, SoCalMarie, Jazzy and 4 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Child Services in Los Angeles is a fucking joke.

This is chilling. WTF is so bad that this is the only solution? Those poor poor kids. I feel so bad for them. Their lives changed forever, in the blink of an eye.

While you obviously are a piece of shit if you shoot your spouse, you have to be a really special kind of piece of shit low life to do that to your kids.

Michael Jace booked for murder after ringing 911 to say he killed wife April | Mail Online

'I shot my wife': How The Shield star Michael Jace called 911 to say he had killed his spouse 'after a fight about money'

• Jace, 51, was arrested following shooting at his Los Angeles home and was later booked for murder
    • April Jace, a mother-of-three, was found dead from gunshot wounds at 8.30pm on Monday
    • Actor had called 911 and confessed to the killing
    • Two children under ten were at the LA home at the time of the shooting
    • Bail has been set at $1million and, according to police, the motive of the murder is believed to be domestic violence
    • The shooting is believed to have been preceded by a fight over finances. The star had declared bankruptcy in 2011
    • He has appeared in TV shows including Southland and Burn Notice

By Louise Boyle and Shyam Dodge
    Published: 01:19 EST, 20 May 2014 | Updated: 11:52 EST, 20 May 2014

The Shield actor Michael Jace was booked for his wife's murder today after he called 911 on Monday and allegedly confessed: 'I shot my wife.'

The 51-year-old is suspected of shooting dead his wife April, 40, at the couple's Los Angeles home on Monday while their young children were present.
    Jace made the 911 call at 8.30pm, according to police sources who spoke to TMZ. The couple's two children, who are both under 10, reportedly witnessed the shooting and were taken in a distraught state to the police station.

The site also reports the couple had been fighting over money.

Mrs Jace was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency responders with police believing the motive to be domestic violence.

Actor Michael Jace's wife April (pictured left with her husband in 2004) was found dead from gunshot wounds at 8.30pm in Los Angeles on Monday. He has been booked for her murder

Actor Michael Jace stands in handcuffs outside his Los Angeles home on Monday night after he allegedly shot dead his wife in front of their young children

A distraught Michael Jace pictured outside his LA home on Monday night. He has been booked in connection with his wife's murder

Jace was reportedly home alone when his wife arrived with their children.

Shortly before Jace called 911, police received calls from neighbors in the Hyde Park area who heard shots being fired inside the property.
    A
    ccording to paperwork obtained by TMZ, Jace filed for bankruptcy in March 2011.

He filed for Chapter 13, restructured his finances and reduced his mortgage, but owed $411,000 on the home where his wife was killed and it was on the brink of a foreclosure.

Jace was taken into custody and was later booked for his wife's murder, the LAPD confirmed on Tuesday.

His bail has been set at $1million and according to police, the motive of the murder is believed to be domestic violence.

According to TMZ, the 6ft 4in actor remained on the phone as instructed by dispatchers until LAPD officers arrived.

When officers entered the house they found April Jace, a mother-of-three, dead from gunshot wounds.

Police confirmed that at least two children - the third child is from a previous relationship - were in the home at the time of the shooting.

They have been placed in protective custody but officers were reportedly furious it took Children's Services four hours to get to the station and take the children to a family member. The kids were distraught, TMZ sources said.

The Shield star Michael Jace, 48, was arrested on Monday night at his home. Neighbors reported shots fired inside the home before Jace himself dialed 911 and reportedly said he had shot his wife

Police officers emerge from the LA mansion of actor Michael Jace after he called 911 on Monday night, allegedly saying he had shot his wife

According to documents Jace owed over $400,000 on this home, had declared bankruptcy in 2011 and was at risk of foreclosure

The couple had reportedly been arguing about money before the murder

CBS reports that Jace is being questioned by detectives. He was pictured at the scene on Monday night and appeared distraught as he spoke to an officer.

According to the Los Angeles Times, detectives with the 77th division are determining whether the shooting was an accident or a homicide.

Officer Sara Faden told the newspaper: 'It looks to have started as a domestic-related incident.'

The death sparked a huge investigation with police officers and news crews flooding the area.

April and Michael Jace celebrated their ten-year wedding anniversary last June.

Photos from April's Facebook page show her playing happily with her three children, the oldest of whom is thought to be from a previous relationship.

Michael Jace in well-known as Detective Lowe on popular cop TV drama The Shield

Michael Jace and his wife April. The couple celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary last June

Jace is best known for portraying a police officer struggling with his sexuality on FX cop drama The Shield.

He went on to star on another police drama Southland along with guest appearances on shows such as Burn Notice and The Mentalist.

He had a role alongside Russell Crowe in the film State Of Play and bit parts in films such as Forrest Gump.

The actor was previously married to Jennifer Bitterman before divorcing in 2002.

Read more: Michael Jace booked for murder after ringing 911 to say he killed wife April | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by dougie; May 20th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Freaking sad and certainly not the first time money has led to violence. We don't need any new gun laws though.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Police officers emerge from the LA mansion of actor Michael Jace after he called 911 on Monday night, allegedly saying he had shot his wife
    not to be a total wiseass but that's not a mansion, despite the Mail calling it so.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Holy. Shit.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

according to police, the motive of the murder is believed to be domestic violence
    ya think?
    CL**, witchcurlgirl and Rusalka like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

$400,000 on that property? No wonder he was broke. But surely working steadily would help contribute to the cost of a home. He wasn't an out of work actor. But who knows what drives men to destroy their families. Walking away is always a good start, but rarely carried out when they have a gun in their hand. Guns are for protection. NOt destruction of two childrens family. Just a total horror fest all round.
    Jack I swear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information