Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Is Macaulay Culkin Ďadoptingí newly released ĎParty Monsterí killer Michael Alig?

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Is Macaulay Culkin Ďadoptingí newly released ĎParty Monsterí killer Michael Alig?

Thank you to CB for letting me cover this mess of a story. This is a film still of Macaulay Culkin from the 2003 movie, Party Monster. Mac played ďKing of the Club KidsĒ Michael Alig, an NYC promoter who helped kill drug dealer Andre ďAngelĒ Melendez (played by Wilson Cruz of My So-Called Life). Also shown in this photo is Seth Green vamping it up as Aligís buddy, James St. James. Chloe Sevigny played Aligís love interest, Gertie. More on this in a moment.

Iím not sure whatís going on with Macaulay now. We heard some scary reports about him in 2012. He was supposedly addicted to heroin and oxy, but Mac denied everything. He spent a few years looking gaunt and unhealthy but surfaced last fall looking very alive and loved up with a new girlfriend. Then there were reports of him moving in with Pete Doherty. Mac also started a Velvet Underground cover band called the Pizza Underground, so who knows.

All of this dovetails with the recent prison release of Michael Alig. Iíve been circling this topic for a week and trying to resist. But the story keeps growing, and I canít ignore it just this once. Journalists are kissing this guyís butt, and itís disturbing.

Most of you probably donít know who Alig is, but the media remembers him. He served a 17-year sentence after confessing to manslaughter. Vanity Fair had a journalist greet Alig as he left prison and give him a lift back to NYC. In the past week, heís been interviewed by HuffPo, the New York Times, Rolling Stone, People, and the New York Post. That last link contains a very graphic retelling of Aligís drug-addled actions ó his friend, Robert ďFreezĒ Riggs killed Angel with a hammer, and Alig helped dismember and dispose of the body.

I recall the mid-1990s fervor surrounding Alig. He was featured in a Details cover story during the investigation into Angelís death. Most people wouldnít know him as anything more than a club-kid blip on Phil Donahueís talk show. Iíve been checking[ in on Aligís story every few years. He did a few television interviews from inside prison. He somehow maintained a Twitter account, but it turns out the Vanity Fair journalist was visiting him in prison and tweeting for him. A lot of people find Alig charismatic despite his horrific actions. His notoriety has only grown since leaving prison on Cinco de Mayo (and swiftlytweeting his first burrito of freedom).

According to this weekís issue of the Enquirer, Macaulay Culkin never forgot Alig. He reportedly loved playing the character so much and wants to help Alig out:

Macaulay Culkin is ďadoptingĒ a convicted killer!

The Enquirer has learned that the former child star has reached out to Michael Alig, the man he played in the 2003 film, Party Monster.

ďMacís Ďadoptingí him in a way,Ē said a source. ďSince Michael was once a night-club promoter, Macís going to see if there might be a spot for him to help do publicity and marketing for his band, The Pizza Underground, or maybe even work as a roadie.Ē

Another insider says that the 33-year-old Home Alone star empathizes with Alig, 48.

ďNot only did he play that guy in a movie, which went on to be a cult classic and was the last noteworthy film mac has done to date,Ē the insider said, ďbut he relates to Alig because both of them have gone down the wrong path by doing drugs, as well as hving had run-ins with the law.Ē

As The Enquirer reported in a world exclusive in our Aug. 13, 2012, issue, sources said Macaulay ó once arrested for drugs ó was secretly hooked on heroin and also shooting the prescription painkiller oxycodone.

While Macaulayís rep denied those claims, the story meade headlines around the world. Since then, sources say the actor seemed to have straightened himself out.

ďIn some perverse, weird sort of way, Mac is thankful that Michaelís story gave him the chance to expand his acting chops ó taking him from the innocent, lovable boy he played in the Home Alone movies to one with a razor-sharp and evil edge.

ďHeís reaching out to Michael in the hopes that he can help him transition from prison to the outside world.Ē

[From Enquirer,print edition, May 26, 2014]

I donít know if this is true, but it sounds like trouble. Alig went into prison with a heroin problem and continued it for five years of solitary confinement. He claims to be sober now. Alig has expressed his remorse for killing Angel: ďI feel guilty to be alive.Ē He also said that he watched Party Monster for the first time last week, and he was extremely uncomfortable with the graphic way the murder was portrayed. I guess Alig says there wasnít any blood involved during the actual killing. Itís a revolting subject, and I wonít elaborate on it any more.

Alig has caught some heat for his celebratory tweets after leaving prison. He served his time, and heís trying to reaquaint himself with ďfabulousness.Ē It must be weird to come back to NYC and see a different skyline. And all those reality stars running around with butt implants. I do hear Alig is angling for a reality show of his own. Of course.

Michael Alig @Alig_Aligula
    Follow

Happy to be free and so grateful for this second chance. Can't wait 2C @JSJdarling at dinner. #frenemy pic.twitter.com/AJwvtPcyFf

Cele|bitchy | Is Macaulay Culkin ‚Äėadopting‚Äô newly released ‚ÄėParty Monster‚Äô killer Michael Alig?

What could go wrong here?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Nothing. Sounds like a great idea!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Alig is a sociopath. He'll end up back in jail soon I'm sure, dirty piss or something else will violate his parole.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Or maybe he can just murder his adopted daddy. This might be the best idea ever.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Bronze Member

Disgusting--he murdered a man. And it obvious he loves the attention he has been getting recently. I will never read another article about Alig...he deserves no press.
    Air Quotes likes this.

Culkin wasn't anything like Alig in that movie.

Alig even said that he acted more like Richie Rich than him.

I feel Michael has served his time and seems remorseful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I read James St. James' book and saw the documentary & the movie several times. And as lazy as I am about starting threads, I think I even started a thread on the topic years ago. Even so, I don't feel like I get Michael Alig at all. I have no idea if he's a sociopath or if he's just an obnoxious attention whore who only kills people when he's too cracked out and pissed off. Sometimes he really seems remorseful but he's so damned selfish and manipulative so who's to say? He's a real curiosity to me.

James St. James seems like a pretty cool dude, though. I like him from what I've seen/read.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Silver Member

i think Alig is a socio and/or psychopath. for one, he was always obsessed with horror and gore, even as a young boy. his mother talked about him always watching the gory horror films with lots of blood and murder, and during his tenure as the club King he did a lot of nasty, sadistic shit. the murder itself- doesn't matter to me that he was on drugs- it was like a week long thing that began with hammering the guy to death while pouring draino down his throat, then leaving the body in a icebath for DAYS, then systemically chopping it up into pieces and dumping it in the river. he spent the next 7 months bragging about the murder to everyone who'd listen, and even having been in prison for 20 years he still only claims to have been sober since 2009. it makes me sick that he's out of prison. i've seen much less heinous or violent murders be sentenced to life without parole or death. probably the fact that the person he murdered was a gay hispanic drug dealer helped...

as for Mac, i was a huge fan as a little kid. loved him. sad how he turned out. he seems a mess.

I too was obsesssed with horror and gore when i was young. My mom loves to talk about how I laughed about the deaths in Jaws while adults around me screamed and left the movies and yet I managed to not kill anyone. I'm not sure that is a measuring tool for socio/and or psychopath.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I too was obsesssed with horror and gore when i was young. My mom loves to talk about how I laughed about the deaths in Jaws while adults around me screamed and left the movies and yet I managed to not kill anyone. I'm not sure that is a measuring tool for socio/and or psychopath.
    oh for fucks sake that isn't what i was saying. the fact that he exhibited an obsession with horror/gore AND played out those obsessions- not just with the murder but with sadistic and sociopathic behavior throughout his lifetime, is what i was alluding to. i enjoy horror films as well, many if not most people do, that alone doesn't mean anything. in his case it's just an added factor to his obvious issues.

Shit I'm still obsessed with horror and gore. Love a good Grindhouse movie.
    gas_chick and Kittylady like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^ @ gas_chick: Maybe not...I assume you're not a sociopath. But to a sociopath, it may serve as a learner's manual. Just as killing and torturing animals would do. This was a pretty gruesome murder, not only the act itself, but it takes some real depravity to keep a body on ice for a week while you dismember and dispose of it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    oh for fucks sake that isn't what i was saying. the fact that he exhibited an obsession with horror/gore AND played out those obsessions- not just with the murder but with sadistic and sociopathic behavior throughout his lifetime, is what i was alluding to. i enjoy horror films as well, many if not most people do, that alone doesn't mean anything. in his case it's just an added factor to his obvious issues.
    Sue me cause it sure seemed like it when it is your lead out reason for why someone is a sociopath.

I agree that animal torture and killing is a sure sign but I'm not so quick to believe that because you watch violent films you are on that same path. Big difference to me.
    Kittylady likes this.

I love horror movies and reading about serial killers, of course it doesn't make me one. I do think that some people who are born socio/psychopaths are naturally drawn to things that are filled with violence, so they probably watch things that are filled with gore and torture. Who knows, I'm not a professional just an amateur armchair analyst But I don't think the movies make you kill people.

I think this guy is a loser and a sociopath and I think he's remorseful. I think he's just waiting to resume his role in the scene and there seem to be several people in the community who are ready to welcome him with open arms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information