Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Grandknight
  • 2 Post By redcat
  • 3 Post By effie2
  • 2 Post By southernbelle
  • 1 Post By She's a Rainbow

Thread: Pippa Middleton fired by The Daily Telegraph

Default Pippa Middleton fired by The Daily Telegraph

Pippa Middleton Sacked by The Daily Telegraph Because Readers 'Weren't Into It'

By Lewis Dean | IB Times – Tue, May 13, 2014

• View PhotoPippa Middleton Sacked by The Daily Telegraph Because Readers 'Weren't Into it

Pippa Middleton has been sacked as a columnist for The Daily Telegraph after just six months.
    The fortnightly column has been pulled because readers "just weren't into it", it has been claimed.
    A source told US Weekly: "There was a lot of negative mail coming in after each column and there were too many off-limit subjects for her. They ran out of ideas."
    Middleton, the sister of Kate Middleton, Prince William's wife, had opened her account with the daily by writing about her passion for boxing.
    Her most recent piece for the Telegraph was published on March 29 and featured a recipe for a pasta dish.
    The column was just one of the literary projects Middleton signed up to in the wake of her sister's marriage to Prince William in April 2011.
    In 2012 she launched Celebrate, a guide to hosting seasonal British parties, but after negative reviews and reports of it selling just 18,000 copies, it was soon consigned to bargain basements.
    The 30-year-old also caused raised eyebrows from culinary purists last year when she was chosen to pen a column for Waitrose's monthly magazine, drawing upon her "passion and enthusiasm for food and entertaining".
    Fans of her work will not be left totally disappointed as her musings and advice will still appear in Waitrose Kitchen as well as Vanity Fair. She has also contributed to The Spectator magazine.

Pippa Middleton Accused of Wearing Fake Bottom at Kate's Wedding
    Kate Middleton Spends New Year's Eve with Sister Pippa

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pippa-middleton-sacked-daily-telegraph-because-readers-werent-113436705.html?.tsrc=lgwn#oAfmDmf

Silver Member

I guess a famous name will only get you so far......

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Fans of her work will not be left totally disappointed as her musings and advice will still appear in Waitrose Kitchen as well as Vanity Fair.
    too funny
    arie_skop and snoopqueen like this.

does she have an actual job?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She does...she is finding a husband and in her free time she is cashing in her sister,s fame!
    sputnik, *Kat* and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    I guess a famous name will only get you so far......
    I'm guessing the name was part of the reason for the vitriol. If she had done this under a pseudonym, it might have gone a bit better.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

A*O

Try reading her dull, boring, badly written articles about her vapid "society" interests and lifestyle. Tennis, skiing, posh parties, rugby, rowing, weekend house parties, huntin/shootin/fishin (she only watches, darling), shoes/hats/handbags. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm not surprised she's been given the flick.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Does Pippa actually think that people care what she does/enjoys/recommends? I wonder if she buys into the hype that she's a big deal because she's Kate's sister. Actually, she probably does. She's probably the source for all of the articles pimping her as relevant and gorgeous. I'm in America, so maybe things are different over there, but I've never met anyone who found Pippa remotely interesting. Personally, I think she looks 10 years older than she actually is, and her desperate social climbing is embarrassing. I wonder what the royal family members think of her.
    rockchick and snoopqueen like this.

Bronze Member

Pippa is a bit boring. She seems like she needs to grow up. I don't mean to be rude but she is over 30 (I'm assuming) and seems to be trying to make a name for herself based on her name and nothing else. Not a lot of substance there. But maybe she'll find her niche one day, must be nice to have plenty of money and time to waste
    snoopqueen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    Pippa is a bit boring. She seems like she needs to grow up. I don't mean to be rude but she is over 30 (I'm assuming) and seems to be trying to make a name for herself based on her name and nothing else. Not a lot of substance there. But maybe she'll find her niche one day, must be nice to have plenty of money and time to waste

I thought she was late 20s, I think she's younger than Kate. Anyway Pippa needs to find a normal job, she's a boring.

Thread Information